Highest paid director

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Micalijo

DELETED USER
Reaction score
£745,000.

This includes 'redundancy payments' of £493,000.

Tricky Trev - I love you.

Fuck me. Another on the list of McCabe's super business decisions.

:(

UTB

This being booked as a "Redundancy Payment" - would that mean it was Tax Free to Birch ?

First £30k of redundancy is tax free (I think), however people like Birch can afford to pay accountants to help them "avoid" paying as much tax as possible (perfectly legal, obviously!)

Where can you view the latest accounts? Companies House only seem to have them up until 30/06/2010 from what I can see.

Where can you view the latest accounts? Companies House only seem to have them up until 30/06/2010 from what I can see.

They've been sent out the shareholders, so if you know a shareholder, grab a copy from them.

I'd imagine it'll follow online shortly.

Knew I should have sent the chuffing share form off I received with my season ticket! :rolleyes:

Guess I'll wait then. :)

I wudn't bother reading em if i were you.........get The Beano insted ! :eek:

A person can only be made 'redundant' if their role has been terminated. It is actually the role that is redundant, not the person.

Its only a small point but Birch was CEO, but we have a new CEO in the same role. How sure are we that the sum given as 'Redundancy', every penny of it, went to Birch, or is this just being assumed because 'McCabe is an arsehole' and we need some further proof (or whatever the reason this week)? I seem to recall other people losing their jobs/leaving the club too...

So when it suits you we must believe the accounts and when it doesn't they can be questioned ?? Top stuff Duncy 

I don't care whether you 'believe' the accounts or not, Raul. In fact I don't really care about them full stop.

However the OP does kind of suggest that the full sum for 'Redundancies' was paid to Trevor Birch. I have asked if that is actually the case or whether that is an assumption based on the posters general angle of 'anything, so long as I can beat McCabe with it'.

This is what is known as 'challenging an assumption'. I am not expressing an opinion, but asking a question. Why are you so touchy about me asking a question..?

A person can only be made 'redundant' if their role has been terminated. It is actually the role that is redundant, not the person.

Its only a small point but Birch was CEO, but we have a new CEO in the same role. How sure are we that the sum given as 'Redundancy', every penny of it, went to Birch, or is this just being assumed because 'McCabe is an arsehole' and we need some further proof (or whatever the reason this week)? I seem to recall other people losing their jobs/leaving the club too...

And you have to be a in a position for two years to qualify for redundancy pay. Birch was appointed on 1st December 2009.

Don't think Mic's assuming anything Dunc. If you look at his post again, he is reporting that the highest paid Director as per the accounts, received £745K which includes an amount of £493K for redundancy.

Part timer Dunc - the above is your worst ever post pal. I am quoting facts.

Don't think Mic's assuming anything Dunc. If you look at his post again, he is reporting that the highest paid Director as per the accounts, received £745K which includes an amount of £493K for redundancy.

Thanks for the answer. I don't have the accounts yet and I was interested to see if this sum was fully paid to Birch or whether it is a sum that includes payments to others, e.g. Jason Rocket, or that FinDir I can't remember the name of? It just seemed a bit strange, bearing in mind that, on my understanding of the term, Birch would not be eligible for redundancy. Pay-off yes, contract settlement yes, but redundancy? Ho hum.

Thats all the clarification I was asking for, although the reaction from me doing so has been a bit OTT, really. Anyway I look forward to seeing a copy very soon, and I just hope that as I read it the quality of the punctuation comes out tip-top. Stuff like that makes me so angry I might just start a thread on it. Who knows..?

Damn you anyway McCabe!!!...just in case...
:)

If working practices alter or parameters change, a person can take redundancy without nullifying a post
I have done so myself, was taken over by another company who wanted us to relocate, over 72 mile away and change working hours
if Birch had a contract we would be bound to reach an agreement on the amount

If working practices alter or parameters change, a person can take redundancy without nullifying a post I have done so myself, was taken over by another company who wanted us to relocate, over 72 mile away and change working hours if Birch had a contract we would be bound to reach an agreement on the amount

Thats fair comment, although I'm still not sure how that apply to Birch. Never mind. I guess we'll just have to wait for some brave soul to ask the question at the AGM. Where's Len when you need him..?

ive been watching newsnight ,fox news ,cnn and al jazeera all week and there has been no mention of this
i dont know who to believe

Thats fair comment, although I'm still not sure how that apply to Birch. Never mind. I guess we'll just have to wait for some brave soul to ask the question at the AGM. Where's Len when you need him..?

People can ask all they want. The original, extremely sad point, is that one man, who seemigly contrbuted jack shit to us, walked away with £750,000 last year. Forget anyone's standpoint, we've all got to be a bit pissed off with this, surely?

Back
Top Bottom