Higdon.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I played alongside some players who stand out at a good semi pro level and also one or two who played in the football league and dropped off the radar.

They were all very good fotballers but they we're made to look like peg legged muppets by the one who went on to have a successful professional career.

Honestly, the difference in ability was just blindingly obvious before you even got to the question of attitude, athleticism, natural fitness, stamina and understanding of the game.

I played alongside some players who stand out at a good semi pro level and also one or two who played in the football league and dropped off the radar.

They were all very good fotballers but they we're made to look like peg legged muppets by the one who went on to have a successful professional career.

Honestly, the difference in ability was just blindingly obvious before you even got to the question of attitude, athleticism, natural fitness, stamina and understanding of the game.
He is a top level international to be fair and you could see he would be in his loan spell here
Wish we could sign someone to do what he did /brayford did last season and just lift the place

These would be the coaches and managers who, ultimately, always fail at whatever club they work for and who always get employed by somebody else regardless of their previous failure(s)!

;)
Yes,they call it the footballing merry go round.They must have a diploma in it though,otherwise how are they able to show how shit they are.;)

The best player I have managed or played against in over 40 years of involvement in local football ,is a lad I had called Adam Colton ,I was convinced he would be at least a championship and just maybe a premiership player. He had contracts at Derby and Huddersfield ,but was released ,then Ilkeston and is now playing pro in Hawaii. There is a massive difference.

The best player I have managed or played against in over 40 years of involvement in local football ,is a lad I had called Adam Colton ,I was convinced he would be at least a championship and just maybe a premiership player. He had contracts at Derby and Huddersfield ,but was released ,then Ilkeston and is now playing pro in Hawaii. There is a massive difference.

I knew Adam and his Brother, Adam was a small kid for his age, he looked like scougall.

Glad to hear he's living the dream hawaii style though! Better than Worksop anyday.

Suffaux / Fulwood.

The comments you have made on this thread are more than interesting.

Which has led me to an idea for the both of you.

As this notion of a "static" centre forward is not covered in any Uefa / FIFA / raggyarseroverstinpotsundayleague coaching manuals, maybe the two of you could write one ? I am all for new ideas and you just might be on to something that the likes of Guardiola / Mourinho et al might find more than useful ;)

Let's give it the working title of "Advanced static centre forward play" ; you could even ask Higdon to write the foreword :D:D

While we have nothing contractual in place, should said idea turn in to the footballing version of 50 shades, and should you feel compelled to, then please send any profits or royalty cheques to :-

DronnieBlade
352 BDTBL
Passandmoveland
S18

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

UTB

If you cannot see how Clough wants to play the game by now, then I suggest you spend a few mornings down at Shirecliffe where no doubt you will learn a few things.

Far from me to agree or disagree with the style, it's just the way he is. Even last years with a false no 9, we do not play channel football. Channel football was played by Bassett, with both Deane and Agana masters of the art.

As for the sarcasm - FUCK OFF :)

UTB

No it isn't. Static is static and isn't really open to much of a differing view point. The CBs he has been up against, which you mention he has "occupied" will not have had or will have an easier time of it.

The guy needs dropping till he is fit. Which might take a while.

UTB

In other words it doesn't suit you to interpret the context of the post? :)

He's going to have to start producing soon, I don't think it's fitness it's ability and desire he looks lacking in both to me.

I will tell you something for nothing if Neil Warnock had him he would have done a Hales and Horsfield and fucked him off already.

He will have had nearly a fortnight to get fit by the time we play again. OK not match fit but if he hasnt improved by the next match then fitness wise he never will

Back
Top Bottom