Hecky's use of subs + squad players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I ask you if he wanted to bring on a striker, with the clear implication we are staying with 2 up top, you suggest two players, neither of which are strikers, with the idea of going to one man up top?

Why are we bringing on a striker who's only just come back from Injury might I add, 6minutes before the end of a game we're winning 2-1?

Why have we signed these promising players, if they can't get a game? This isn't something new, this is something Heckinbottom did last season, aswel as this.

Did anyone not consider that he brought on McBurnie because of his height at both ends?

Needed it to stick up top.
I didnt mind the McB sub, it made sense

What didnt make sense was sticking with Fleck and not bringing on Khadra, Doyle or McAtee

We played for a draw today, pathetic

PH struggles away from home needs to be better. Still early days yet harsh with the disallowed goal and penalty shout but that’s a bogey ground for us and we got a point for first time in ages so something to build on. UTB.

Did anyone not consider that he brought on McBurnie because of his height at both ends?

But it didn't stick at either end, he lost his man on the goal and contributed nothing at the other as he's not fit, having a runner to keep Boro on the defensive would have been a far better sub, instead we just invited Boro on and aimlessly lumped it from the point of that sub. That's all on Heckingbottom and he didn't then fix it

Came for a point and got one. He was trying to make two more subs in the 7th minute of extra time to secure the point. No bottle 2 points dropped. Boro will be a different side after the transfer window - opportunity missed.

Totally agree give the 3 young lads a blow out, said earlier today when teams announced why Norwood and Fleck I won't have them collecting the balls anymore. Let alone playing great blade's in past years, but time to step aside out with the old in with the new. Ps happy with a point could have been more 👍🏻

Massive gaps between midfield and forwards, leaving us to play long balls upto to front men. Crying out for a link up player or two. Berge faded and dropped deeper and deeper.

Why do I feel that when McB comes on we’re going to lose? I was.hoping he’d have put two attacking mids on to push their defence back and play balls into the channels. Go for the win ffs

I didnt mind the McB sub, it made sense

What didnt make sense was sticking with Fleck and not bringing on Khadra, Doyle or McAtee

We played for a draw today, pathetic
We were defending. Doyle maybe for Berge but the other two are not tacklers.

He was fucking useless up top never got near a defender to close down and never won a header when he did get it he had no body strength and passed it to them a waste of space

More frustrated about the substitutions than the result. Khadra was stood waiting for about 5 mins before being told to sit back down. Then gets told to get ready 1 minute before end of the game. Doesn’t even get chance to come on.

Bring back Slav

McBurnie was brought on to defend set pieces but is absolutely miles off sharpness for the championship that he actually turned into a liability on them, Heckingbottom should’ve been trying to make subs to get the 3rd and 4th goal which I feel we could’ve got if we were more positive. The space was there for us to exploit when we go 2-1 up, Khadra was such an obvious sub.

Any time Ndiaye comes off it should automatically be for Khedra or McAtee.

They are the only like for like players we have similar to Ndiaye and means we keep that energy and closing down at the top of the pitch.

Mcburnie comes on and almost immediately looks out of breath. He doesn't close down defenders and when he does it's with little intensity to win the ball back or he just gives away stupid fouls.

If we absolutely have to bring Mcburnie on it should only be for Sharp/Brewster at the very top end of the pitch.

We were defending. Doyle maybe for Berge but the other two are not tacklers.
At 2-2 though we shouldnt be defending, yes we were on the back foot but the best remedy for that is hitting them on the break, Khadra or McAtee wouldve made them cautious when attacking, Doyle shouldve replaced fleck imo

Was surprised he Hecky didn’t use more subs yesterday, what was the hold up with bringing Khadra in? Seemed to be on touch line ages waiting to come on.

As soon as that board went up with 7 minutes injury time, if not before especially with the heat, why not throw 3 players on? Fresh legs wouldn’t of hurt, The midfield 3 looked nackered towards the end.

More frustrated about the substitutions than the result. Khadra was stood waiting for about 5 mins before being told to sit back down. Then gets told to get ready 1 minute before end of the game. Doesn’t even get chance to come on.

Bring back Slav

Is it right that he stormed down the tunnel at FT?

I'm happy with yesterday's result, but I think we had an opportunity to change things differently.
We went 2-1 up and IMO we should have opted to hurt them on the break, not bring on McBurnie which was basically an invitation for them to attack more as we'd lost the link between Midfield & Striker.

There was more of an argument to bring on Doyle, Khadra or Mcatee. If you bring Doyle on you could move Berge further forward or Fleck. Khadra/ Macatee are both very good on the ball and would have given us more breakaway opportunities. Heckys game management could be part of our downfall.

Back
Top Bottom