Hecky and Coaching Team Out - Yes or No

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HECKY OUT

• YES

Votes: 672 88.9%
  • NO

Votes: 84 11.1%

• Total voters
I've said "out" for a little while, before our "mini revival", but today was the final straw.

It's hard to believe there are so many who say "who can make a difference?" Someone else might not but the brutal truth is that Hecky is not suited to management at this level.. He did a very good job picking up the pieces of the wasteland of the end of the Wilder era - and also getting us to the play offs and promotion thereafter - kudos for those, but if we have to endure any more of this clueless, mostly negative, shite from front to back then I for one will find it very difficult indeed to continue bothering to watch.

Unlike those poor sods who have season tickets I was able to go and do something productive after the half time whistle - as I also did when the 4th went in against Newcastle, so I'm surprised so many are willing to continue with months more of this on the flimsy basis that "if" we go down (that's a laugh) he's the best man to bring us back up. I would ask the salient question - what would be the fecking point in that even if it was achievable? He's just the latest in a long line of managers like Warnock and McCarthy who can't cut it in the First Division.

Bournemouth somehow managed to appoint one of the most highly regarded coaches in Spain during the summer and it looked like it today, whereas we stuck with the usual. I had no issue with that initially but it was clear weeks ago that we cannot compete on any level and I simply don't believe a better manager can't get a game out of the players in this squad. Some of them are perfectly decent.

I never thought we'd survive but I expected way better than this. He should have gone after the Fulham game, probably along with the rest of the coaching staff, but I doubt this board have even given a single thought to who they might bring in instead.

One thing really annoying me is that whilst Norwood and Souza both have their defenders on this board as individual players, I can’t think of a single person who thinks it’s a good idea to play them together.

I think this is telling as to how bad a tactical decision it is. Which is one of the reasons I want him gone. He’s overmatched and lacks imagination.

I've said "out" for a little while, before our "mini revival", but today was the final straw.

It's hard to believe there are so many who say "who can make a difference?" Someone else might not but the brutal truth is that Hecky is not suited to management at this level.. He did a very good job picking up the pieces of the wasteland of the end of the Wilder era - and also getting us to the play offs and promotion thereafter - kudos for those, but if we have to endure any more of this clueless, mostly negative, shite from front to back then I for one will find it very difficult indeed to continue bothering to watch.

Unlike those poor sods who have season tickets I was able to go and do something productive after the half time whistle - as I also did when the 4th went in against Newcastle, so I'm surprised so many are willing to continue with months more of this on the flimsy basis that "if" we go down (that's a laugh) he's the best man to bring us back up. I would ask the salient question - what would be the fecking point in that even if it was achievable? He's just the latest in a long line of managers like Warnock and McCarthy who can't cut it in the First Division.

Bournemouth somehow managed to appoint one of the most highly regarded coaches in Spain during the summer and it looked like it today, whereas we stuck with the usual. I had no issue with that initially but it was clear weeks ago that we cannot compete on any level and I simply don't believe a better manager can't get a game out of the players in this squad. Some of them are perfectly decent.

I never thought we'd survive but I expected way better than this. He should have gone after the Fulham game, probably along with the rest of the coaching staff, but I doubt this board have even given a single thought to who they might bring in instead.

You probably spent more time typing that post than you have spent watching the Blades.

You won't be missed

Luton are doing better with a smaller budget and a weaker squad. Heckingbottom has taken them as far as he can we are a better squad than we have shown and deserve to be where we are on Hecky's performances .Put Hecky back in his position with the youth until his contract runs out.
Luton are an example of what I was hoping we would be, aggressive, committed and hard to beat. The problem with playing defensive football is that none of our wing-backs or central midfielders can defend. Souza and Norwood make me nostalgic for Monty and Leighterwood, who whilst often looking like giraffes trying to stamp on a beach ball, at least understood that their main role was to protect the defence from midfield runners

We're not good enough, that's clear. However, against a relegation rival the absolute very least we should expect is effort, fight, desire. We were second to every first and second ball. No hunger, no desire, just going through the motions. They took the piss without getting out of second gear. All of this starts and finishes with the manager. The players should be sat in that dressing room having strips torn off them for that performance. Can anyone imagine that's what's happened tonight? I don't. I imagine it's a 'been a poor result today lads, back to training, we'll go again'. Unacceptable.

We lose the ball within seconds of getting it and can't tackle or intercept anything.
What we do in training I can't imagine!

Whilst at the match, at one point, me and my son counted how many seconds we had the ball before we lost it, after he commented on the fact we can't pass.

A lot of the time we couldn't even get past 10 seconds. We tried to count Bournemouth's possession, we got bored. Says it all really.

We need a MIDFIELD. We have needed one for quite a few years really, but managed to scrape along.

I find it funny that no one other than McBurnie and previously Billy Sharp and Didzy. Play to Norwood's strenghts. He has been here years now, has even been vice-captain and now captain by default. Yet, we all as fans know what a Norwood ping is and roughly where they are going. Yet he does that now and no one is there, other than the opposition. Even Norwood can't play to his potential with how he is deployed, playing more a CDM and to his own admission he's crap at tackling.

Suffice it to say the midfield is more like a minefield.

We were pathetic today.

Foderingham at fault for the second.

Anel falling asleep at the back stick for the third.

We didn't deserve anything but at 0-1 we could have found something in that second half. We could have turned it into a Wolves second half performance

Someone with a bit of spirit? In his interview he might as well have shrugged his shoulders and said “be reyt. If we’re not so poor” He looked as disinterested as his players.
Who would that be then? I'm not happy with Hecky but I'm not sure anyone can realistically come in and improve us with the team and injuries that we have.

Who would that be then? I'm not happy with Hecky but I'm not sure anyone can realistically come in and improve us with the team and injuries that we have.
That not being my job doesn’t mean l shouldn’t comment on it or have to suggest a replacement if l do.

If Hecky is deemed to be the answer abecause no one else is available/anffordable, out there for this squad, we really are up the creek. With the broken oar stuck through the floor.

Until today I’ve been sat on the fence with the Hecky out or in debate. Today though has made me decide that his time is up - I can’t remember a worse performance. Even the GCB at the start of the second half was a miserable effort as the life was sapped out of the supporters as well as the players. Can Prince afford to move him on though🤷‍♂️

Someone that gives them a fucking rocket and demands more effort and bollocks than is currently being displayed. I can accept technically more accomplished players, I can't accept a lack of giving a fuck.

I voted Hecky in.

I’ve always said for about 6 weeks now I wanted Wilder in. Now it’s too late to be saved. I say we keep him and see what next season brings.

No point getting Wilder in to try and save a team that has zero confidence. Let Hecky have ago at fixing this mess.

I wish I wasn’t right for the last few weeks. But now it’s time to enjoy Saturdays.

I voted Hecky in.

I’ve always said for about 6 weeks now I wanted Wilder in. Now it’s too late to be saved. I say we keep him and see what next season brings.

No point getting Wilder in to try and save a team that has zero confidence. Let Hecky have ago at fixing this mess.

I wish I wasn’t right for the last few weeks. But now it’s time to enjoy Saturdays.
So what happens next season, any players that are actually left completely devoid of confidence, still playing for a manager with no plan, we just continue to merrily accept it as he did well once and may get better one day

I’ve been strongly in the get rid camp for a while and have been whining about how bad we’ve been since last year.

I still think hecky is a poor/average manager, but a decent bloke. He did do well last season but our style of play was always going to mean we struggled this year. We have no identity at all. You can’t be this average and expect to compete in this league. To be this incompetent in everyway is almost challenging. I’ve not checked the stats after today but to be one of (and in some cases the) worst team in attack, defence, and possession says it all.

I would get rid of McCall, Lester & recruitment team as well. This weird inbred policy of recruiting ex-blades has to stop. It’s so limiting. Fuck knows what they practice in training.

While Hecky is here we will never be anything other than mediocre. If we want to compete in the prem then we need a manager who has a footballing philosophy.

I didn’t watch the game today and i’m really glad that i didn’t ruin my Saturday again. Until he goes i don’t think i can stomache watch us. It really ruins my day watching us at the moment. Well done to all those who keep turning up 👏👏👏👏

Back
Top Bottom