Hawksbee and Jacobs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Never heard of them.

They are 2 London based comedians who know alot about and have an enthusiasm for sport.

So they have a daily slot on Talksport between 1pm and 3pm, their radio show is quite similar to Soccer AM.
So it's more of an light hearted comedy based angle on sport, mainly football.

It's deliberately meant to be different to all the other radio programmes, as the other shows are much more serious.

I was similar to Torrid when I first heard them, had to turn it to another station as it was just stupid banter that wasn't funny.
Then I stuck with it, must have got used to their personalities because I now don't mind the different format.

Still not got used to Max Ruston yet, he's with an Irish guy and its quite boring but I think it's meant to be just a warm up show.

They are 2 London based comedians who know alot about and have an enthusiasm for sport.

So they have a daily slot on Talksport between 1pm and 3pm, their radio show is quite similar to Soccer AM.

It's deliberately meant to be different to all the other radio programmes, as the other shows are much more serious.

I was similar to Torrid when I first heard them, had to turn it to another station as it was just stupid banter that wasn't funny.
Then I stuck with it, must have got used to their personalities because I now don't mind the different format.

Still not got used to Max Ruston yet, he's with an Irish guy and its quite boring but I think it's meant to be just a warm up show.
Barry “who he?” Glendenning, Mester Uber Dull. Also, he’s from Birr in County Offaly, which my Father in Law says makes him even worse.

I occasionally flick on talk sport if I’m in the car and for the most part it’s complete and utter shite, fully intended to provoke people into ringing in. It’s purely for the entitled premier league untouchables and they care little about anyone else.
I find Hawksbee and Jacobs about the only listenable show on there and even then only in small doses.
White and Jordan is nauseating white noise. Bob Mortimer’s take off on Athletic Mince is supremely accurate and well worth a listen.

No idea who they are. Replies seem to indicate they are on talk sport.

I had the misfortune to catch 20 minutes of that radio station once and it was the biggest pile of shite I’ve ever heard.
It's wank. Like listening to a radio version of The Sun. Adverts every 5 fckin mins as well.

TalkSPORT = Talkshite . Have we forgot that bellend Adrian Durham 🤔

Max Rushden was the presenter who’s stint on soccer am after tim lovejoy coincided with the start of the decline. They’ve leapt from one idiot presenter to another ever since.

Ignoramuses.

Always makes me laugh how ignorant many talking heads are when it comes to newly promoted teams.

The Blades just won promotion automatically from the Championship. The way some talk, you'd think it was a raffle they'd just won to play there.

Any newly promoted team, trying to break their way into what, on the whole, is almost a cartel, is worth the respect they deserve.

Any absence of respect says more about those making the comments than anyone else.
That said, Champers... IMO we are considerably weaker than when we came up. We may improve, as the new signings settle but we've not gelled yet, and I'm not sure we know what our game plan is. We started GW1 with Bash and Ozzy in CM, so I think we've looked every bit the raffle winning side, at times, sadly.

This side loses to the side that came up previously, and to last season's promotion winning side, as things stand. All IMO of course.

I like them, they are genuinely witty and funny.
I forget which is which but the Spurs fan is much more knowledgeable about the game than the Chelsea fan.

Paul hawksbee always seems a genuinely decent and funny bloke.

Andy jacobs on the other hand is a just a cock who’s making a living by chuckling at anything hawksbee says.

That said, Champers... IMO we are considerably weaker than when we came up. We may improve, as the new signings settle but we've not gelled yet, and I'm not sure we know what our game plan is. We started GW1 with Bash and Ozzy in CM, so I think we've looked every bit the raffle winning side, at times, sadly.

This side loses to the side that came up previously, and to last season's promotion winning side, as things stand. All IMO of course.
I'd like to think we are around parity; whether that will be good enough is something else.

I think Hamer will be more effective than Berge. Whilst I really liked Doyle, I also think Souza is more of what the team needs. Archer and Ndiaye are not the same but you can't deny the former has made a positive start.

With the likes of Trusty we seem to have better depth and Thomas made a promising start.

But it is ultimately about points on the board.

I can imagine Luton and Burnley being down there. So can we take points from them and then find one more?

If we start winning games people will say nice things about us
That's how it works
People were wanking themselves silly pre covid and when we were awful no one really mentioned us

The Ohara Cundy show after 10pm is utter gash. I sometimes have my radio tuned in on my way home from work but it soon gets turned over to Absolute 80’s.

What gets me is why us and Luton are favourite for relegation but not the mighty Burnley. How many goals have they conceded, have they got a point NO, but still favourites to stay up

Talksport. Listen at your peril (as I do and invariably I am angry at myself). Essentially an Old Boys network of hopelessly out of touch ex players and journalists, freeloading off gambling companies. Throw in the excitable nodding dog that is Jim White, along with Simon Jordan, the stupid person’s idea of an intelligent person, and it’s a recipe for disaster.
Laura Woods is the exception as she is a competent presenter and seems to know her stuff. There may be others but I am not aware of them.
It is completely Sky 6-centric, no football exists unless it can somehow relate to them, therefore pointless listening to it.

Probably contradicting myself a bit here as I think some fans can be overly sensitive to how the media perceive us but thought a comment I've just heard on this show was a little below the belt.

Discussing Spurs and the situation with Sanchez and Dier and a couple of defensive injuries could really weaken them.

Jacobs says it will be interesting how Ange lines them up against Sheffield United in a couple of weeks.

Hawksbee replies, 'I think you could play against Sheffield United'

Jacobs is pushing 70. In fairness, he did respond by saying he didn't think we were bad on Saturday.

Obviously said in jest but slightly surprised he was that disparaging.

Over to you Oli and Cam.

Couple of cunts, they do it for the phone calls, hope a bus runs them both over.

Frank skinners death will be celebrated too, and yes I hold grudges.

Talksport. Listen at your peril (as I do and invariably I am angry at myself). Essentially an Old Boys network of hopelessly out of touch ex players and journalists, freeloading off gambling companies. Throw in the excitable nodding dog that is Jim White, along with Simon Jordan, the stupid person’s idea of an intelligent person, and it’s a recipe for disaster.
Laura Woods is the exception as she is a competent presenter and seems to know her stuff. There may be others but I am not aware of them.
It is completely Sky 6-centric, no football exists unless it can somehow relate to them, therefore pointless listening to it.

The media is still choking on Chelsea cock etc, it must kill them that city are the best team on earth..

Danny Kelly is a really genuine bloke who knows a bit, but also knows his limitations.

Most of their commentators and pundits are shite, but Danny Murphy isn't afraid to go against the accepted trend and speak his mind.

Simon Jordan managed to spunk his own fortune on Palace, but is still listened to reverently, as some kind of football business sage. He speaks a little sense, but likes the sound of his own voice too much, so he usually manages to eventually back himself into an indefensible position.

Back
Top Bottom