Hawksbee and Jacobs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Davalon

Live for today
Reaction score
Probably contradicting myself a bit here as I think some fans can be overly sensitive to how the media perceive us but thought a comment I've just heard on this show was a little below the belt.

Discussing Spurs and the situation with Sanchez and Dier and a couple of defensive injuries could really weaken them.

Jacobs says it will be interesting how Ange lines them up against Sheffield United in a couple of weeks.

Hawksbee replies, 'I think you could play against Sheffield United'

Jacobs is pushing 70. In fairness, he did respond by saying he didn't think we were bad on Saturday.

Obviously said in jest but slightly surprised he was that disparaging.

Over to you Oli and Cam.

Probably contradicting myself a bit here as I think some fans can be overly sensitive to how the media perceive us but thought a comment I've just heard on this show was a little below the belt.

Discussing Spurs and the situation with Sanchez and Dier and a couple of defensive injuries could really weaken them.

Jacobs says it will be interesting how Ange lines them up against Sheffield United in a couple of weeks.

Jacobs is pushing 70. In fairness, he did respond by saying he didn't think we were bad on Saturday.

Over to you Oli and Cam.
The very reason it's so sweet when you do get a result against any of these self entitled wankers. Lets face it they are not alone in being so dismissive of us.

Just hope Hecky and crew can work their magic and stuff it right down ALL their throats and create shock after shock..

Over to you Oli and Cam.
You sure you haven't got them mixed up
Paul hawksbee is usually very even handed and fair about other clubs

Over to you Oli and Cam.
Have they forgotten about the 20 odd pass goal against them a couple of yrs ago ?

You sure you haven't got them mixed up
Paul hawksbee is usually very even handed and fair about other clubs
Yeah I thought the same, but I think Hawksbee’s lad used to watch the pigs when he was at Uni in Sheff.

Over to you Oli and Cam.
Ignoramuses.

Always makes me laugh how ignorant many talking heads are when it comes to newly promoted teams.

The Blades just won promotion automatically from the Championship. The way some talk, you'd think it was a raffle they'd just won to play there.

Any newly promoted team, trying to break their way into what, on the whole, is almost a cartel, is worth the respect they deserve.

Any absence of respect says more about those making the comments than anyone else.

…It’s like the old Ant and Dec conundrum, who is Hawskbee and who is Jacobs?

Over to you Oli and Cam.

I can't put up with listening to them. I turn Talksport off as soon as White & Jordan's show has finished.

Tin hat on - we did get promoted to be greeted by everyone saying relegation was going to be Luton, us and one other (which was unfair). But since then we have mustered a single point from a possible twelve so we’ve hardly ‘shown them’ yet. We all know why we have been slow starting and many (myself included) think we have a decent chance of survival but from an outsiders viewpoint you can see why we might appear shite at the moment.

Over to you Oli and Cam.
They have to say something controversial so that people ring up and argue with them. It’s all Talksport is

Over to you Oli and Cam.
No idea who they are. Replies seem to indicate they are on talk sport.

I had the misfortune to catch 20 minutes of that radio station once and it was the biggest pile of shite I’ve ever heard.

Hawksbee and Jacobs are great
Andy Jacobs can be a bit of a tit but I think he is the most genuine representation of a football fan across all media

The guy has been watching Chelsea all his life and he's in his 70's now and acts like a bit of a prick when they lose and towards other teams but don't we all ?

He also offers genuine Insight
Into The game from a fans perspective, some of you are a bit too sensitive
I couldn't give a fuck if any one likes us or thinks we are shit
That's for the massive across the city

The problem started when you tuned in to talksport.

Love Hawksbee and Jacobs, two of the very small number of proper presenters on TalkSport. The way they bounce off each other is excellent.
Used to listen to them years back and thought they were funny. I remember them commenting on the teams entered into one of the early T20 IPL Leagues - Rajastan Royals & Chennai Superkings. Paul Hawksbee said that both teams sounded like a box of 20 fags 😆

Love Hawksbee and Jacobs, two of the very small number of proper presenters on TalkSport. The way they bounce off each other is excellent.

Didn't like them, seemed over confident and didn't like how Jacobs laughs at everything Hawksby say
but got used to their humour and personalities and they are OK.

Quite like Hawsby, seems a decent bloke, not as keen on Jacobs though, he comes across very much as a football snob.

Paul Hawksby is a Spurs fan, he mentioned when Wilder was manager, that his daughter was going to Sheffield University
and he said he likes the city, described us as a genuine football city.
He always used to speak highly about us and seemed quite knowledgeable too, seemed quite sincere too.
Over the years he's bigged up Bramall Lane as having a rocking atmosphere
remembers when it was a cricket pitch and occasionally mentions Tony Currie as a special player.

The other guy is Andy Jacobs, a Chelsea fan but he's so self entitled it's quite incredible.
When Chelsea are 6th in the league, he talks about how tough it is being a Chelsea fan
and how they should be top 3 every year. When Chelsea lose it's never about the opposition playing well, it's always Chelsea were poor.

I remember Chelsea in the 80's and they were a very similar club (size wise) to West Ham.
A biggish club but nothing special and nothing compared to Arsenal and Spurs.

Hawksby seems keen to discuss news items at clubs in the EFL and talks about smaller clubs with enthusiasm
where as Jacobs attitude suggests he doesn't want to lower himself by talking about a club outside the big 6 or outside London.

When we drew 1-1 away at Spurs (the John Lundstram big toe match) Hawksby gave us massive credit and admitted for long spells we played them off the park.
Danny Kelly, another Spurs fans, also gave us plenty of credit after the draw, saying we were robbed with the offside disallowed goal and deserved to win.

Last edited:
Didn't like them, seemed over confident and didn't like how Jacobs laughs at everything Hawksby say

Quite like Hawsby, seems a decent bloke, not as keen on Jacobs though, he comes across very much as a football snob.

Paul Hawksby is a Spurs fan, he mentioned when Wilder was manager, that his daughter was going to Sheffield University
He always used to speak highly about us and seemed quite knowledgeable too, seemed quite sincere too.
remembers when it was a cricket pitch and occasionally mentions Tony Currie as a special player.

The other guy is Andy Jacobs, a Chelsea fan but he's so self entitled it's quite incredible.
When Chelsea are 6th in the league, he talks about how tough it is being a Chelsea fan
and how they should be top 3 every year. When Chelsea lose it's never about the opposition playing well, it's always Chelsea were poor.

I remember Chelsea in the 80's and they were a very similar club (size wise) to West Ham.

Hawksby seems keen to discuss news items at clubs in the EFL and talks about smaller clubs with enthusiasm
where as Jacobs attitude suggests he doesn't want to lower himself by talking about a club outside the big 6 or outside London.

When we drew 1-1 away at Spurs (the John Lundstram big toe match) Hawksby gave us massive credit and admitted for long spells we played them off the park.
Danny Kelly, another Spurs fans, also gave us plenty of credit after the draw, saying we were robbed with the offside disallowed goal and deserved to win.
Well, Danny Kelly is different gravy.

I think it’s fully intentional that Andy Jacobs comes across as the curmudgeonly pantomime villain.

They are one of two Talk Sport shows I cannot stand and have to turn off. The other is Game Day Warm up with Max Rushton, (who isn't too bad) and Charlie Baker, who by far is the most annoying twat on the airwaves.

Back
Top Bottom