Glad I went tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If anyone thought last night was dogshit then I shudder to think what their assessment of Burton at home last year was.

I was suprised by some of the negativity I read on here and on social media.

Last edited:
Have a look at the paragraphs in Sitwell's post that actually assess the game as opposed to his view of what others might think. He has it absolutely right, unlike the dogshit man, who was talking, well....dogshit.

As to which posters you know, that cuts no ice with me. He was attention-seeking in the grand manner. You might want to leave matters of Bladesmad comity behind...

Those parts of his post aren't what I was addressing, and I agree with parts of it.

The 'dog shit' poster isn't typically an attention seeker. I don't care if that 'cuts no ice' with you. I'm better placed to comment on him than you are.

If anyone thought last night was dogshit then I shudder to think what their assessment of Burton at home last year was.

I really enjoyed last night and was suprised by some of the negativity I read on here and on social media.

Aye, if last night was indeed dog shit, then my vocabulary doesn't stretch to describing the Burton game.

Saying the performance was 'dog shit' isn't even criticism, it's just a cheap ill-judged throwaway remark. Criticism is supposed to be reasoned and constructive.

So it wasn't the greatest performance, I don't think anyone disputes that, but there were a lot of positives as pointed out very well by Kenilworth .

I think some people just think, it's only Bristol Rovers, and expect us to steam-roller them about 4 or 5 nil. I think people tend to forget that like it or not, we're a League 1 side, we're going to have to work very hard to get promoted and there are no easy games for us.

Winning ugly is not a bad trait to have, I'd welcome another 30 ugly 1-0 wins this season.

Those parts of his post aren't what I was addressing, and I agree with parts of it.

The 'dog shit' poster isn't typically an attention seeker. I don't care if that 'cuts no ice' with you. I'm better placed to comment on him than you are.

As am I, he bought me a pint of Jaipur last night.

Not to mention the fact that he already played down his earlier description hours ago. Everything since has just been a case of the angry village folk going after him with pitchforks.

Saying the performance was 'dog shit' isn't even criticism, it's just a cheap ill-judged throwaway remark. Criticism is supposed to be reasoned and constructive.

So it wasn't the greatest performance, I don't think anyone disputes that, but there were a lot of positives as pointed out very well by Kenilworth .
I'm not fecking Adkins, tha kno's :mad:

Actually I've just read the opening 'dog shit' post and the post itself isn't as provocative as the title of the thread. Whether the title was intended to attract attention - I can't say. The post itself is fairly reasonable even if I don't agree with the opinion.

He was attention-seeking in the grand manner

The 'dog shit' poster isn't typically an attention seeker.

I'd say he wasn't that tyoe of poster normally, plus, to be fair he has said that dog shit wasn't the right type of phrase to use. Though I agree with sitwell that it is crazy that anyone would even think of using that term in the first place. There was a lot of negativity on here and social media around last night and not much of it warranted imo.

No, because you described the same performance as I saw it, whereas I always thought Adkins must've been watching some other game from his interviews. :)
Ha - and I wasn't there - only what I gleaned from listening to the full game over Blades Player, the crowd noise (both sets) and the comms from Paul Walker - means he was doing his job reight.
To be fair to Keith Edwards - I'm pretty sure that he would have highlighted the same stuff - he's only overly critical when there is no heart in the team.

You need to wind your neck in, young man.

I don't think people have been too scathing to be honest. We were a long way from good and before the goal, they looked the more likely team. But we ground one out whilst being relatively poor and it keeps some momentum going. I thought it was a battle and we didn't look any better than them. Given that we were at home and have a tonne more resource, we might expect better. But was we say, we won, that's what ultimately matters.

Very good response, 10/10.

'Young man'... thought you were a bit of a Brian Clough wannabe.

You are a little too full of yourself and it's unattractive. You might want to refrain from the "I know better than you" approach. That comes across from you time after time. In my case you are very unlikely to be correct.

A wise warrior picks the fights he can win, mate. Let's try and get on, eh?

You are a little too full of yourself and it's unattractive. You might want to refrain from the "I know better than you" approach. That comes across from you time after time. In my case you are very unlikely to be correct.

A wise warrior picks the fights he can win, mate. Let's try and get on, eh?

I should think you'd be the last person to lecture anyone else on questionable personal traits. Especially in this case because exactly the same thing applies to you.

Please forgive me for taking your comments with a huge pinch of salt. Like most sensible posters on here do.

I should think you'd be the last person to lecture anyone else on questionable personal traits. Especially in this case because exactly the same thing applies to you.

Please forgive me for taking your comments with a huge pinch of salt. Like most sensible posters on here do.

Okay. Your choice. Im not surprised by your response. I've tried to help you...

That's satire, right? If not, it's just about the biggest case of the pot calling the kettle black I think I've ever seen...

LOL.

Time for you to crawl back into Tyler's pocket I think.

Ah, that would be a Pyrrhic Victory for those who effect to use phrases when they haven't a fucking clue what they mean, wouldn't it?

Fucking hell, I'm up against it, now. Two brain cells.

One of my proudest moments following The Blades was sitting with pup in the corner stand, v Stockport County I think, and him saying that I moaned even more than him. We won 3-0 :)
I remember seeing him on the John street concourse at half time one game and we were winning and playing well ,with a wry smile he said ,'Im getting fucked off with this ,Ill have nowt to moan about soon'.:)

Ah, that would be a Pyrrhic Victory for those who effect to use phrases when they haven't a fucking clue what they mean, wouldn't it?

Fucking hell, I'm up against it, now. Two brain cells.

Looks like a 2-0 advantage already then.

You ever get tired of being humiliated on here? You're a living joke and everyone knows it.

Don't get all the bickering on here after the victory.
I've been entertained the last three home games makes a welcoming change from the last few years.
Passed the ball well, solid at the back just the final ball.
When everyone's fit we've got attacking options another thing we haven't had for a while

You don't win every game with free flowing Barcelona football at a canter. That doesn't mean you can't be entertained. Last night was a gritty hard fought 3 points where we showed flashes of quality and mountains of teamwork, fight and spirit. It wasn't out of this world. It wasn't dog shit but it was an entertaining victory and 3 vital points. Plenty of positives and a couple of negatives if we want to get nit picky. We undoubtedly would have crumbled last season so credit where it's due to Wilder and the players. Roll on Saturday. I'd take the same again right now

Back
Top Bottom