Get me back on that Kop!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Booker4

Reaction score
Went on the BL upper today right at the back hoping for some atmosphere! I tried my best to start it and a few joined in and I'm sure most around me thought I'd had about 6 pints but I was stone cold sober and just being me! Got the three kids next to me saying "Dad start a chant" all match but it was hard work I promise you! Get me back on that Kop! So the point of this message is, please, please, please lets sit in our correct seat when it opens again, I don't want to be in that BL upper again to be honest! And in the meantime, if you're on that Kop sing your heart out! This is a real special season, a real special set of players and from thee BL upper the Kop was too quiet. I don't want to come across as having a go, the atmosphere wasn't bad but we're top of the league and playing some great stuff we should be on top of the world and it doesn't happen every season when we're this good.

So I hope you all have a great New Years, this season is ours for the taking.

UTB - God bless

Books.

Went on the BL upper today right at the back hoping for some atmosphere! I tried my best to start it and a few joined in and I'm sure most around me thought I'd had about 6 pints but I was stone cold sober and just being me! Got the three kids next to me saying "Dad start a chant" all match but it was hard work I promise you! Get me back on that Kop! So he point of this message is, please, please, please lets sit in our correct seat when it opens again, I don't want to be in that BL upper again to be honest! And in the meantime, if you're on that Kop sing your heart out! This is a real special season, a real special set of players and from thee BL upper the Kop was too quiet. I don't want to come across as having a go, the atmosphere wasn't bad but we're top of the league and playing some great stuff we should be on top of the world and it doesn't happen every season when we're this good.

So I hope you all have a great New Years, this season is ours for taking.

UTB - God bless

Books.
Were there the usual shocked heads turning round to stare at you for daring to shout?
People whispering to their kids not to look at you cos it may encourage you?

Were there the usual shocked heads turning round to stare at you for daring to shout?
People whispering to their kids not to look at you cos it may encourage you?
A few of the kids were joining in to be fair, although mine were mostly joining in any my oldest decided he wanted to sing "You're not fit to referee" like all game! I didn't think he was that bad to be fair, had worse!

There were a few guys joining in on the back row, I was on the second to back row and as you say you almost feel like you have to apologise for singing! I definitely don't want to go on there again even though the view is class!

Went on the BL upper today right at the back hoping for some atmosphere! I tried my best to start it and a few joined in and I'm sure most around me thought I'd had about 6 pints but I was stone cold sober and just being me! Got the three kids next to me saying "Dad start a chant" all match but it was hard work I promise you! Get me back on that Kop! So the point of this message is, please, please, please lets sit in our correct seat when it opens again, I don't want to be in that BL upper again to be honest! And in the meantime, if you're on that Kop sing your heart out! This is a real special season, a real special set of players and from thee BL upper the Kop was too quiet. I don't want to come across as having a go, the atmosphere wasn't bad but we're top of the league and playing some great stuff we should be on top of the world and it doesn't happen every season when we're this good.

UTB - God bless

Books.

A few of the kids were joining in to be fair, although mine were mostly joining in any my oldest decided he wanted to sing "You're not fit to referee" like all game! I didn't think he was that bad to be fair, had worse!

There were a few guys joining in on the back row, I was on the second to back row and as you say you almost feel like you have to apologise for singing! I definitely don't want to go on there again even though the view is class!
Kops been quiet since they stop people standing at the back

Went on the BL upper today right at the back hoping for some atmosphere! I tried my best to start it and a few joined in and I'm sure most around me thought I'd had about 6 pints but I was stone cold sober and just being me! Got the three kids next to me saying "Dad start a chant" all match but it was hard work I promise you!
Were they your kids?

100% agree Booker4. I wish I were at my usual place on the Kop! I was on BLUT today (gangway A, John street end), and sorry to say it, but the fans up there need a rocket up their arse to get any noise out of them. I ended up singing on my own like a mentalist 😆 UTB⚔️

Atmosphere was crap today, I’m part of the problem as I sit on the SS and don’t sing but it was crap.
Sick of hearing the away support singing about 'football in a library'. I was doing my best to get some chants going today but I just kept getting dirty looks off the missus who was trying to read her book on the other settee. What can you do?

100% agree Booker4. I wish I were at my usual place on the Kop! I was on BLUT today (gangway A, John street end), and sorry to say it, but the fans up there need a rocket up their arse to get any noise out of them. I ended up singing on my own like a mentalist 😆 UTB⚔️
Why do you sing ? It is upsetting the players.

Went on the Kop for the first time in years, normally John Street, I thought it was excellent. Blades were singing most of the match. Mate on John Street said he couldn't hear anything.

Sick of hearing the away support singing about 'football in a library'. I was doing my best to get some chants going today but I just kept getting dirty looks off the missus who was trying to read her book on the other settee. What can you do?
One of the generic shit trotted out by fans in every ground, every game. I’d love our fans to have the originality not to partake but we fall for it.

Went on the Kop for the first time in years, normally John Street, I thought it was excellent. Blades were singing most of the match. Mate on John Street said he couldn't hear anything.

Couldn't hear anything from from where I was sat on BLUT until we scored our second.

UTB - God bless

Books.
Never been on the BLUT, I bet the view is good from up there though?!

Have you got a book on your house se Jon? ☺️

Bramall Lane Upper Tier isn’t the place to go if you seek a buoyant atmosphere. It is usually made up of cliques of hardcore fans that appreciate the best view in the ground or people that have freebie tickets due to work, their partners work etc.

I don't get it??
If you want to sit on the kop so badly, why not get a season ticket on there??

Bramall Lane Upper Tier isn’t the place to go if you seek a buoyant atmosphere. It is usually made up of cliques of hardcore fans that appreciate the best view in the ground or people that have freebie tickets due to work, their partners work etc.
You're confusing the BLUT with the Westfield corner no STs in the BLUT.

Freebie tickets used to be on South Stood too round about Gangway F used to be behind us level with the gangway entrance few rows back. Also where the players wives, girlfriends and family used to sit.

I don't get it??
If you want to sit on the kop so badly, why not get a season ticket on there??
I don't think he was making a huge point mate, just getting excited and enjoying himself. He already said he'd got 3 kids, not everyone can afford season tickets for all that lot....and obviously folk can't buy tickets on the Kop at the minute (and nobody knew that would be the case at the start of the season). Season of goodwill and all that pal, give the feller a break!

UTB - God bless

Books.
Great view up there but totally lacking in atmosphere. That’ll teach thee to go galavanting .

Some folk just aren't big singers at games, me included. It's just the way it is and it doesn't mean that we aren't fully behind the team.

Songs aside, when it comes to screaming at the ref and shouting the players on, I can be a bit of gobby cunt though.

Back
Top Bottom