Get a grip.......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Port Vale......Bury....Colchester.....there was a time when us older Blades would have laughed at the very thought of us playing them, never mind losing to them!
Even worse, we are starting to aspire to them.

Both Colchester and Port Vale played. In a way we haven't matched for quite some time. I missed the Swindon game, and it's been shite other than that (Dinnt V 10 men was Okay). I think you have to go back to Barnsley away last season for a convincing performance, funnily enough one of 2 really good performances by the hapless Coutts.

UTB

That's almost laughable, isn't it? We've got more players suited to league 2 than the championship.

UTB

Yes, this point has been said more than once on quite a few forums and is one of the most laugable opinions I have ever heard. The thought that Baxter, Collins, Flynn, Howard, McEveley etc will be better in a higher and better league is nonsense. This more time on the ball is clap trap too. You actually have to be quicker and do things with more tempo. You also get punished for mistakes more and get fewer chances. Overall it is a higher league as it is better. Simples.

You only have to look at Bristol City, MK Dons and Preston; all who were much better than us last season (when we had Murphy) struggles this year to show how far off we are.

We can't even think about next level until we are anywhere near getting out of this one but if we did 95% of this squad are not good enough.

anyone would think we were bottom of the league. Yes we've lost again , but it's not the end of the world, I've even read a comment saying it's the worst we've ever been........some of you aren't old enough to remember the worst we've ever been.
We are were we are because we have bad players. I do believe that the manager will turn it round and I now believe that he's finally realised that you cannot make silk purses out of these sows ears.hopefully that will mean that he brings in loan players, but only if they enhance the team and of course if they or the team that they currently play for want them to come.
I do realise that patience is a dirty word and I also realise that we have spent a long time in this division.
We have had too many managers . Let's not call for Adkins head....we have to let him get on with his job and fingers crossed this time we'll get out of this league.
Remember United is for ever...........
In fairness the worst ever finishes in the clubs history are

80-81 relegated from Div 3
79-80 Div 3 12th
82/83 Div 3 11th
13-14 League 1 - 7th
14-15 league 1 - 5th (71pts)
12-13 league 1 - 5th (75pts)
11-12 league 1 3rd (90 pts)

I'm not counting promotion seasons in our worst ever seasons.

So 4 of our 7 worst ever season have been in the last 4 years and we currently sit 7th (on target to match our 4th worst season ever) with 1/4 of the season gone. Perhaps these simple facts show the utter despair many fans are feeling.

It's horrible to say it, but it is true. I think fans have been pretty patient and will continue to be if Adkins shows signs of turning it around. That's what we all want.

80-81 relegated from Div 3
79-80 Div 3 12th
82/83 Div 3 11th
13-14 League 1 - 7th
14-15 league 1 - 5th (71pts)
12-13 league 1 - 5th (75pts)
11-12 league 1 3rd (90 pts)

So 4 of our 7 worst ever season have been in the last 4 years and we currently sit 7th (on target to match our 4th worst season ever) with 1/4 of the season gone.
The new ethos experiment has really started to yield results, it seems.

:)

UTB

Back
Top Bottom