General blades Negativity corner.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Balanced, respectful and reasoned expression of well - thought- out points of view.
Insights that cause me to challenge my own perceptions, or to see things differently.
Useful information that I didn’t already know.
Things that make me laugh out loud.
There's plenty of that on here. Most of the things in the first two categories will inevitably be on the negative side at present.

Balanced, respectful and reasoned expression of well - thought- out points of view.
Insights that cause me to challenge my own perceptions, or to see things differently.
Useful information that I didn’t already know.
Things that make me laugh out loud.
Ooooh not nasty negative words on the interwebs :( noooo please please go away nasty bad words :( make me cry :(

Despite our start I for one am looking forward to crossing swords with the big boys and hopefully seeing improvement along the way UTB

That’s the kind of exceptional negativity I’m talking about. File that with “we will definitely blow promotion, it’s the blades way” which is now “we’ll beat Derby’s point total”.

“We aren’t really a Premier League club” despite being in the Premier League. Who actually is a “Premier League” club who isn’t in the Premier League? You have to attain that status via a full season playing games of football rather than some dork on twitter saying a club has had “a good window”

Wednesday have been claiming to be a “Premier League club in all but name” for 23 years but they aren’t because they fucking shit when it comes to games of football.

The comparison with the Champions League isn’t a valid one. Champions League is drawn from various countries with wildly differing standards. Sheffield United are probably better than some teams in the qualifying stages. Does that make us a Champions League team? No course it doesn’t.

Also the evidence suggest FMBlade appears to be wrong.
Mention almost any “big club” stat you want. Seasons in the top flight, honours, average attendances, stadium size and
we’re generally 15th to 20th out of the 92 league clubs.
Overall in most ”big club” studies we’re usually 18th, that would put us in a newly formed 20 club Premier League.
So by name and stature we’re a Premier League club and in reality we’re also a Premier League club.

The only stat that backs up FMBlade is the number of season we’ve spent in the Premier League since its formation.
In that respect we’ve massively under performed but we’re still one of the bigger clubs in English football.

Also when we were last in the PL, we were one of the biggest spenders regards transfer fees, spending 120 million in 2 years is well above average for then PL.
However of course our policy was high transfer fees/ low wages…..where as other clubs went more for low transfer fees/ high wages.

Last edited:
That’s the kind of exceptional negativity I’m talking about. File that with “we will definitely blow promotion, it’s the blades way” which is now “we’ll beat Derby’s point total”.

“We aren’t really a Premier League club” despite being in the Premier League. Who actually is a “Premier League” club who isn’t in the Premier League? You have to attain that status via a full season playing games of football rather than some dork on twitter saying a club has had “a good window”

Wednesday have been claiming to be a “Premier League club in all but name” for 23 years but they aren’t because they fucking shit when it comes to games of football.

The comparison with the Champions League isn’t a valid one. Champions League is drawn from various countries with wildly differing standards. Sheffield United are probably better than some teams in the qualifying stages. Does that make us a Champions League team? No course it doesn’t.

I didn't say we aren't really a Premier League club, I said we are a Premier League club in name only. Several championship teams would eat us for breakfast on the pitch. Now that could change quickly depending who we bring in (and indeed who they lose), and believe me I hope things change for the better and the show gets on the road like it did for Florest last season.

I'm not being negative, I'm being factual.

Also the evidence suggest FMBlade appears to be wrong.
Mention almost any “big club” stat you want. Seasons in the top flight, honours, average attendances, stadium size and
we’re generally 15th to 20th out of the 92 league clubs.
Overall in most ”big club” studies we’re usually 18th, that would put us in a newly formed 20 club Premier League.
So by name and stature we’re a Premier League club and in reality we’re also a Premier League club.

The only stat that backs up FMBlade is the number of season we’ve spent in the Premier League since its formation.
In that respect we’ve massively under performed but we’re still one of the bigger clubs in English football.

Also when we were last in the PL, we were one of the biggest spenders regards transfer fees, spending 120 million in 2 years is well above average for then PL.
However of course our policy was high transfer fees/ low wages…..where as other clubs went more for low transfer fees/ high wages.

I'm not talking about historically/status wise, I'm saying that right now we are not one of the top 20 teams in the country on the pitch.

I'm not talking about historically/status wise, I'm saying that right now we are not one of the top 20 teams in the country on the pitch.
With the squad we have right this minute- I'd extend that to 30- absolutely true.

I didn't say we aren't really a Premier League club, I said we are a Premier League club in name only. Several championship teams would eat us for breakfast on the pitch. Now that could change quickly depending who we bring in (and indeed who they lose), and believe me I hope things change for the better and the show gets on the road like it did for Florest last season.

I'm not being negative, I'm being factual.
It’s not factual though is it? It’s entirely subjective.

The fact is we are a Premier League team. We may get relegated and then somebody else takes our place.

You can argue that a number of Championship squads look in better shape than us but that’s for them to prove how good they are on the pitch. People initially thought Watford were a stronger side than us last season and look how they finished up.

You don’t know how our squad will compare over the course of the season as we don’t know how good the players we have signed are, who else we will sign or crucially.

You are either in the league or you aren’t, there is no “in name only” status.

You're welcome, perhaps you can contribute something of what you want, rather than just lurk.
I’m sorry - I simply responded to a question that asked what I want to read on this board. I felt that I was contributing something that described exactly what I want. I didn’t feel that responding to the post, and answering the question directly, qualified me as a “ lurker”, whatever one of those is.

I'm positively negative at the moment... hey ho things can change quickly though!

Back
Top Bottom