Formation v Citehhhh

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have to play Jebbo.

They attack with so many bodies, best chance we've got is winning possession while they are high and Norwood pings to Jebbo.

We did this quite well at their place when Moose scored that offside goal.

JLT panics when pressed so gone for Clark.

----------Wes---
----Anel - Egan - Clark----
Baldock Norwood berge Coulibaly Lowe
----------Ndiaye
----------Jebbo

McBurnie the main subs if still in it for aerial presence.

Rest of subs purely for legs.
Looks good mate but unsure on Coulibaly against city. Osborn over him for pure energy in that midfield

My back three would be:
Clark
Egan
Anel

Robinson - LWB
Baldock - RWB

Arblaster - DM

Berge & Coulibaly

N'Diaye (free roll) behind Jebbison

Tried to go for energy rather than players that slow us down, if we play the usual suspects we won't get out of the box, this is a free hit for me and a chance to go a bit left field and fill the team with some pace. Something like this gives us chance to get up the field, we accept we're likely to lose but I'd rather it be by doing something like this rather than just playing slow passes trying to get outside the 18-yard area

I'd be vaguely tempted to play a defensive back 5 with 2 holding midfielders (one might have to be Fleck. Imagine that!) and then play Jebbo and McBurnie upfront with Ndiaye in behind. cut out the midfield altogether and just go direct.
Introduce Pep to

"GET IT IN THE FUCKING MIXER"

we will play 541 no doubt in my mind and maybe on this occasion we will play baldock and bogle in same team back 5 should be baldock anel egan clark and robbo midfield 4 bogle norwood berge nidaye up front jebbo

Owt with pace

I’d be playing with Brewster if he is back

Only way to beat them is pace on the break/transition

Owt with pace

I’d be playing with Brewster if he is back

Only way to beat them is pace on the break/transition

You'd play a striker who has spent almost all of this season on the sick list at Wembley against one of the most robust and skilled defences in the world.

UEFA A License there, readers.

pommpey

It will be genuinely interesting to see how they line up, do they need to risk playing Haaland? This is how they lined up against Bristol City, they could easily line up a similar way with Haaland on the bench should he be needed. If they do line up in this 3-6-1 formation the secret to winning is getting the fecking ball!

Attachments

• bristol-city-v-manchester-city--fa-cup-fifth-round--28-02-2023--line-ups--besoccer.jpeg
    bristol-city-v-manchester-city--fa-cup-fifth-round--28-02-2023--line-ups--besoccer.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 22
-----------------------------Fodders---------------------------

--------------Anel-----------Egan---------JLT-----------------

Baldock------Berge-------Norwood----Coullibally---Osborn

----------------------------Ndaiye-----------------------------

----------------------------McBurnie---------------------------

Clark
Basham
Sharp
Bogle
Lowe
Fleck
Jebbison

We are gonna spend much of the game in our half. Anything we venture out with will be quickly returned and they'll try to find gaps and channels in between the back three. As long as we put Anel on the Robot and Baldock and Osborn glue themselves to their attacking wingers we need the midfield to also not let the likes of Gundughan and De Bruyne dictate the tempo. I expect us to pick yellows up but get to half time within one goal or at 0-0 and we have the chance of frustrating them into an error. Don't ask me where that comes from because all of their outfield eleven are pretty much flawless footballers. It's the likes of their keeper fucking up a shot on goal and if (pray) we take the lead, then battening down the complete onslaught. Its a fucking Everest sized mountain to climb in midwinter in fucking flip flops and speedos. But that is what we demand. What I don't want is Citeh 'teaching us a lesson' and at 5-0 up subbing off their entire first eleven for trainees on sixty. We have to make our mark and if sinking, go down with our guns still firing.

pommpey

👍👍 Before reading this I was about to suggest exactly that line up .

Trying to stop them by packing the box which many teams do is a futile exercise . To have any chance of matching them the key in my view is to try to stifle them in midfield and cut off the supply chain into the box , at the same time hoping to get the odd chance on a breakaway .

The chances of us getting anything out of this are extremely remote but if we are to have any chance at all , I believe that your suggestion or something very similar is probably the only one which has any possibility of succeeding .

All 10 players run at em screaming like basterds and scissor them right at kick off, fuck going for ball.
10 red cards in the first minute. I'd laugh my tits off.
Lose the cup. Lose promotion. Sack Hecky. Have a fucking guinness with Umbongo bloke. In bed before 9.
That's my idea. And it beats owt swallowcumfield could come up with.
Bangin.

City have the away leg at Bayern Munich and the potential title decider with Arsenal either side of our game with them.

It seems highly likely they will take the opportunity to rest a few of their key players against us.

We should play our usual formation and our strongest available team. It’s not too long ago that we gave them two tough games in the Premier League with the same tactics and a similar squad.

You'd play a striker who has spent almost all of this season on the sick list at Wembley against one of the most robust and skilled defences in the world.

UEFA A License there, readers.

pommpey

Yes Portsmouth I would

You watched him? Could be the making of the lad. Played V Spurs don’t forget and did alright.
He was largely average and we improved when he came off. He was very safe with the ball. I just don't see it working for him, doesn't appear to have the athletism that you need in English football.

-----------------------------Fodders---------------------------

--------------Anel-----------Egan---------JLT-----------------

Baldock------Berge-------Norwood----Coullibally---Osborn

----------------------------Ndaiye-----------------------------

----------------------------McBurnie---------------------------

Clark
Basham
Sharp
Bogle
Lowe
Fleck
Jebbison

We are gonna spend much of the game in our half. Anything we venture out with will be quickly returned and they'll try to find gaps and channels in between the back three. As long as we put Anel on the Robot and Baldock and Osborn glue themselves to their attacking wingers we need the midfield to also not let the likes of Gundughan and De Bruyne dictate the tempo. I expect us to pick yellows up but get to half time within one goal or at 0-0 and we have the chance of frustrating them into an error. Don't ask me where that comes from because all of their outfield eleven are pretty much flawless footballers. It's the likes of their keeper fucking up a shot on goal and if (pray) we take the lead, then battening down the complete onslaught. Its a fucking Everest sized mountain to climb in midwinter in fucking flip flops and speedos. But that is what we demand. What I don't want is Citeh 'teaching us a lesson' and at 5-0 up subbing off their entire first eleven for trainees on sixty. We have to make our mark and if sinking, go down with our guns still firing.

pommpey
It will be this team but with Fleck for Coulibaly....no chance he starts Coulibaly. He barely gets in the squad for league fixtures never mind starting this game. I appreciate this is what you'd play not what you think will play.

Maybe Jebbo for Mcburnie just so we have something on the break.

1679395907673.png

That would be my attempt at containing the impossible (injuries permitting).

My workings:

- Need fight, character and energy, so Baldock over Bogle, Osborn in midfield etc.

- McBurnie gets the nod due to defensive heading ability as much as anything else - we're going to be giving away a lot of free kicks and set plays around our area. Also has the ability to make the ball "stick" up top when we clear our lines.

- Robinson always has an error in him and could be a liability at LCB against Man City - Clarke and Osborn included to help him out down the left. He has to be in the lineup because his long throws could be one of very few threats we pose during in the game.

- Osborn given the nod to be a non-stop thorn in the side of the City players - need him snapping at their heels and tracking runners from midfield. Also need him him to cover and help out Norwood with his defensive responsibilities.

- I worry about Berge because I think he's a nesh, but I think he'll be up for showing what he can do in this one - his big mate Haaland will be in the other side and it's a huge stage to display his abilities to the watching world. Has the potential to relieve some of the pressure from our defence with his ball carrying out of midfield.

- As is so often the case, Ndiaye will be absolutely crucial to us getting anything from this game. He has the ability to put them on the back foot, drag players out of position and turn defenders towards their own goal. His runs from deep will offer a threat if we can get him on the ball. He's very good at nicking the ball off the opposition and turning defence into attack all by himself. A baller and a battler.

He was largely average and we improved when he came off. He was very safe with the ball. I just don't see it working for him, doesn't appear to have the athletism that you need in English football.

He was largely safe and ensured Spurs didn’t score. That’s what you need V a far superior City. We ought to be safe and muddy up the waters in the middle of the park. Coulibaly will help with that.

He was largely safe and ensured Spurs didn’t score. That’s what you need V a far superior City. We ought to be safe and muddy up the waters in the middle of the park. Coulibaly will help with that.
His lack of athleticism worries me. He’s not quick at all. Don’t get me wrong he’s probably no slower than most of our team but they know the system we play like the back of their hand.

I’ve seen Coulibaly have two 5/6 scoring performances out of 10 in two games. Nothing that warrants me suggesting he should start in the next league or cup game.

Doesn't really matter who we play or what formation but I think I'd go

Weslar

Baldock
Lowe
Anel
Egan
JLT

Norwood
Osborn
Berge

Ndiaye
Jebbo
Been thinking exactly this, unless by some miracle RND gets fit in time to give us a more solid alternative to Lowe

Wes
Nine defenders
Billy up front on his own

Billy to get a cheeky shitliner of a goal in the second minute from a hopeful punt, then defend like it's Rorke's Drift for the rest of the match. This management lark is frankly a piece of piss when you're not actually the manager.

His lack of athleticism worries me. He’s not quick at all. Don’t get me wrong he’s probably no slower than most of our team but they know the system we play like the back of their hand.

I’ve seen Coulibaly have two 5/6 scoring performances out of 10 in two games. Nothing that warrants me suggesting he should start in the next league or cup game.
Like I said, I think the type of game we’ll have against City will be a fit for him. Each to their own opinion though. We’ll see what Hecky goes with.

It doesn't really matter what team we put out, we will get our arses handed to us regardless......just go out and enjoy it will be the message to the players and to the fans exactly the same with lots of frothy beer!

Play whoever is available and hope 1) They play out of their skin 2) Don't concede early 3) City have an off day and miss chances 4) we score everything that can even be classed as a 1/2 chance 5) Ili is the best player on the pitch

All that happens and we could be level going into the last 10 and then who knows?

Most likely outcome is a heavy defeat obviously. But Sheffield Eagles beat Wigan at Wembley as a 15/1 outsider in a 2 horse race.

Whatever happens, we have to score if we create a good chance and we need to not concede early.

I'd give us a 1% or less chance of going through. Still a chance though

We need to think outside the box here I would have thought.
Personally, I'd consider Voodoo. A couple of sacrificed chickens on both penalty spots before kick off and burning effigies of the entire City team around the pitch during play.
utb

Play whoever is available and hope 1) They play out of their skin 2) Don't concede early 3) City have an off day and miss chances 4) we score everything that can even be classed as a 1/2 chance 5) Ili is the best player on the pitch

All that happens and we could be level going into the last first 10 and then who knows?

Fixed it for ya!

Back
Top Bottom