Formation v Citehhhh

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
I know this thread is premature as hell!

But looking back at how City ripped Burnley a new one and comparing that to how we like to set up and stuff, well It's hard not to think that tactical changes are a must.

The way thay City play the sort of 3-2-4-1 formation, with Foden and Mahrez being constant wide threats....

With the wider CBs pushing over on top of the to completely overload and overwhelm the opposition....

With the CMs pushing on and with City having multiple attacking threats in the box at any given time.....

Well it's frightening isn't it and sends shivers down your spine thinking about it.

If we are to play with a similar formation and starting XI, then it is inevitable that the wing backs are going to find themselves very much hemmed in to form a 5 man defence.

Quite frankly we are going to need somebody dogged in the void in front of the defence. Ordinarily I would love Doyle to be tasked with that CDM role, but who knows what is happening with that.

Then we have the question of forward players as well...Do we play two up top? McBurnie will be expecting a go at City no doubt after helping to earn the opportunity...Would you forfeit a striker in order to bulk the middle of the park and hopefully overcrowd things and stop City from playing and building momentum? Would such a change have a negative impact on things?

How do you go about City??

Burnley went more 4-2-3-1 and barely got the ball out of their own box.

8 plus Wes stood on goal line with other 2 laying across the top of them, go for 0-0 and penalties

I'd be vaguely tempted to play a defensive back 5 with 2 holding midfielders (one might have to be Fleck. Imagine that!) and then play Jebbo and McBurnie upfront with Ndiaye in behind. cut out the midfield altogether and just go direct.

There is just no answer

But maybe start Jebbison for outlet purposes

Maybe Ndiaye in midfield and McBurnie and Jebbison up top

Don't think we can be wheeling out Fleck. Bogle and Lowe shouldn't start unless necessary

Just watch the Southampton game in the tinpot cup when they were crushed 2-1. Rinse and repeat. Easy this management schtick

In all seriousness…

Wes
Anel Egan Robinson
Baldock Coulibaly Norwood Lowe
Berge
Ndiaye McBurnie

Anel man marks Haaland as long as he can keep his wandering hands to himself and not pick up any silly bookings.

Coulibaly in the middle with Norwood sitting ahead of the back 3 to sure up the MF and make it busy trying to snuff out any ball through to Haaland and minimise any of City’s intricate passing infront of our back 3.

Baldock to neutralise Foden 👀

For me the key will be breaking at pace if we get a chance to down city’s left hand side or pushing Lowe up and Egan swinging one over Walker’s head from afar, then from either side trying to McBurnie or Ndiaye. Cross cross cross.

Aside from that, press the fuck out of them and for one game just go hell for leather and try unstable them at that back.

Bring Clark in if possible and shove Robinson over to LWB. Play Baldock, Anel, Egan, Clark and Robbo at the back, have a midfield of Coulibaly, Brooks and Berge with Ndiaye off Jebbo. Get some solidity at the back and some legs in midfield with a dose of quality in the team too, for me, this gives us our best chance without Doyle and Mcatee.

In all seriousness…

Wes
Anel Egan Robinson
Baldock Coulibaly Norwood Lowe
Berge
Ndiaye McBurnie

Anel man marks Haaland as long as he can keep his wandering hands to himself and not pick up any silly bookings.

Coulibaly in the middle with Norwood sitting ahead of the back 3 to sure up the MF and make it busy trying to snuff out any ball through to Haaland and minimise any of City’s intricate passing infront of our back 3.

Baldock to neutralise Foden 👀

For me the key will be breaking at pace if we get a chance to down city’s left hand side or pushing Lowe up and Egan swinging one over Walker’s head from afar, then from either side trying to McBurnie or Ndiaye. Cross cross cross.

Aside from that, press the fuck out of them and for one game just go hell for leather and try unstable them at that back.
Coulibaly v Man City 😭😭😭

Just put 3 players tight around the ball with the other 8 around them in a tight huddle, should get to half time at 0-0, pray we can get back in this formation second half before they score, see easy this football malarcky

Same as Sunday. 3-4-2-1 to flood the midfield and (hopefully) give us an attacking threat. No point sitting back, may as well have a go at the fuckers.

---------------------Wes--------------------
--------------Anel--Egan--JLT------------
Baldock--Norwood--Coulibaly--Ozzy
------------Berge----------Ndiaye---------
----------------------McB--------------------

Davies
Clarke
Bash
Bogle
Lowe
Jebbo
Sharp

Keep 4 persons on the goal line for the 120 minutes. Oh, and start practising penalties now!

Wes
Bogle - Anel - Egan - Robinson - Lowe
Bogle - Norwood - Basham - Osborn
-
-
Ndiaye​

I would try a system similar to Bouncing day and Leeds away 2019. Sadly Basham isn't the player he was in 2017 and if fit is it worth bringing Clark in as a holding midfielder alongside Norwood.

Foderingham

I would try a system similar to Bouncing day and Leeds away 2019. Sadly Basham isn't the player he was in 2017 and if fit is it worth bringing Clark in as a holding midfielder alongside Norwood.

Foderingham
Was distracted. Not the best formation! Should have been:-

Foderingham
Anel Egan JLT
Baldock Norwood Clark Lowe/Ozzy
Berge N'Diaye
McBurnie

Which might not be much better (not sure what's going on with Clark these days)

Hecky just needs to get the players to refuse to leave the dressing room, tell the ref the kitman forgot to fetch any shorts. We might forfeit the game but Citeh won't be putting 6 past us that's for sure.

Have to play Jebbo.

They attack with so many bodies, best chance we've got is winning possession while they are high and Norwood pings to Jebbo.

We did this quite well at their place when Moose scored that offside goal.

JLT panics when pressed so gone for Clark.

----------Wes---
----Anel - Egan - Clark----
Baldock Norwood berge Coulibaly Lowe
----------Ndiaye
----------Jebbo

McBurnie the main subs if still in it for aerial presence.

Rest of subs purely for legs.

Wes
Baldock Anel Egan Robinson Osborn ***
Berge Norwood Ndiaye
McBurnie
Jebbison

*** Clark and Robinson if Clark is fit.... so on second thoughts ignore this bit

-----------------------------Fodders---------------------------

--------------Anel-----------Egan---------JLT-----------------

Baldock------Berge-------Norwood----Coullibally---Osborn

----------------------------Ndaiye-----------------------------

----------------------------McBurnie---------------------------

Clark
Basham
Sharp
Bogle
Lowe
Fleck
Jebbison

We are gonna spend much of the game in our half. Anything we venture out with will be quickly returned and they'll try to find gaps and channels in between the back three. As long as we put Anel on the Robot and Baldock and Osborn glue themselves to their attacking wingers we need the midfield to also not let the likes of Gundughan and De Bruyne dictate the tempo. I expect us to pick yellows up but get to half time within one goal or at 0-0 and we have the chance of frustrating them into an error. Don't ask me where that comes from because all of their outfield eleven are pretty much flawless footballers. It's the likes of their keeper fucking up a shot on goal and if (pray) we take the lead, then battening down the complete onslaught. Its a fucking Everest sized mountain to climb in midwinter in fucking flip flops and speedos. But that is what we demand. What I don't want is Citeh 'teaching us a lesson' and at 5-0 up subbing off their entire first eleven for trainees on sixty. We have to make our mark and if sinking, go down with our guns still firing.

pommpey

The formation doesn’t concern me, it’s more who is fit enough to play and who is in good form. That’s what will decide the formation.

Back
Top Bottom