Forget the maths…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thing is it’s not. And my god we are absolutely shite but we aren’t.

1. We already have more points than derby
2. Our goal difference is actually (amazingly) on track to be similar to theirs - may end up slightly worse but won’t be much in it
3. We’ve won 3 (THREE!) games compared to their solitary 1
4. We have the same points as Burnley. We genuinely might not even finish bottom this season, which is absolutely mindblowing

Make no mistake we are absolutely shit and yet we still won’t be the worst ever

Not been biased. But think this is going to happen a lot in near future. Teams going up who just aren't good enough and haven't got backing to get anyway near.
If anything, Luton have been the exception but even then, there is still every chance they get relegated.

It does seem like the divide is widening. The FFP seems to be heavily weighted to keep the top teams at the top. Saying that, you are badly run and your recruitment has been cr@p for 4 years. Had you recruited right when Wilder had some cash, you might have been ok. Sadly, you didn't and to compound it the Prince is not a good owner.

It does seem like the divide is widening. The FFP seems to be heavily weighted to keep the top teams at the top. Saying that, you are badly run and your recruitment has been cr@p for 4 years. Had you recruited right when Wilder had some cash, you might have been ok. Sadly, you didn't and to compound it the Prince is not a good owner.
FFP is an absolute joke. It penalizes the wrong people.
The Sovereign wealth funds and billionaire owners can pump in as much supporting cash as they need.
The Premier League won't want to mess with their gravy train making billions of pounds per year and growing by double digit percentages each season.
Must be going into a lot of happy pockets somewhere.
Arsenal lost $65m last year which was their fifth year of heavy losses.
Which normal industry would accept this?

The Sovereign wealth funds and billionaire owners can pump in as much supporting cash as they need.
The Premier League won't want to mess with their gravy train making billions of pounds per year and growing by double digit percentages each season.
Whilst I agree FFP is making it harder, we shouldn’t end up with Prem money and get relegated with a worse team than the one th at got us promoted!

Yep. I think there are some good elements to the FFP; trying to safeguard clubs losing shed loads of money. But as you say, it doesn't really penalise the big clubs unless they waste money like Chelsea did. But in reality, it is causing more issues than it perhaps fixes; clubs having to sell players and often homegrown ones to maximise profit, hindering natural progression and bridging the gap, and others. It also doesn't really address the issues of how money is fed down the pyramid.

I have always thought and predicted that there would be a Super League, and have done so for 15 years or so. It almost came close in recent years but I cannot help thinking this FFP will be used as an excuse one day for a need for a Super League, perhaps framed as 'to save football'.

This was an interesting take on FFP. It is long but I had it on twice the speed as I went about doing other things;

Back
Top Bottom