Football as we know it, is now dead!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some truth in this, sadly. However, more importantly for me, Bramall Lane will be rocking on Sunday, packed to the rafters with working people ( and us retirees!) roaring on our unfashionable team against the might of Saudi wealth. Football still has a strong heartbeat and deep roots in many places, and can hang on against the odds. Let’s shove it right up their rich arses and prove that there’s more to life than money.
Ah! money, nice to live with "loads 'o money", difficult to live without it.:rolleyes:

Football as we know it, is now dead?

Football as we knew it died about 30 years ago.
True, but I still enjoy football today, just as I enjoyed football 40 + years ago.
The pitches are better and the standard of football generally, not just at the top of the PL, is better.

Anyone mid 40s and younger doesn't really know what football was it's changed a fair bit in those 30 years too and it will change in the coming 30 too.

Real Tennis is still the same as it was I suspect. And hardly anyone watches it or plays it
Pigs nicked all the tennis balls.

Genoa - 13th in Serie A
Hertha - 15th in Bundesliga 2
Vasco - 18th in Serie A
S. Liege - 12th in Belgian Pro League
Red Star - 3rd in Serbian SuperLiga
Everton - 18th in PL

They seem to be fantastic at running football clubs

How are Chateauroux de Pape and Beershit doing?! 👀👀

like everything else in life things change, football is different, but 70% of fans can’t remember the good ol days of the 80’s, (which weren’t really that good with the hooliganism and the awful stadiums) when it’s different again in 20 years time we’ll have the same complaints from the millennials that its not the same….

Move on or find something else to do.

True, but I still enjoy football today, just as I enjoyed football 40 + years ago.
The pitches are better and the standard of football generally, not just at the top of the PL, is better.

I enjoy it too. My point was that football as we knew it died 30 years ago. I’m sure that the current game as we know it will die off when the Saudi league (or another equivalent) kicks in.

It’s all about opinions mate. That’s the purpose of this forum.

Explain your opinion then.

How would the top teams fucking off to a European super league miraculously wind back time to 1992?

The Premier League would continue to exist just as it is now.

It wouldn't make one jot of difference.

Explain your opinion then.

How would the top teams fucking off to a European super league miraculously wind back time to 1992?

The Premier League would continue to exist just as it is now.

It wouldn't make one jot of difference.
I explained my opinion in my original post.

Back
Top Bottom