Flares

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No problem with flares or smoke bombs whatsoever as long as they aren't aimed at anyone.
I'd like to see more actually, the type of "support" we see at English football grounds is boring and sanitized as fuck.

The fashion police should be able to spot someone entering the ground in flares
image.jpeg

On a serious note this is worrying. I have had serious words with the missus who insists in taking a feckin shoulder bag to the match filled with supplies for the whole family stand, blanket, gel hand warmers, additional clothing, food, seats, drinks, etc all the essentials to survive a football game!

So you can imagine how obvious said bag is yet 8/10 she ducks in without being stopped and she finds it amusing but I feckin don't! If she can use such stealth (jokin) to get in anyone can. Time for metal detectors at all turnstiles?

Some lads a few rows behind me chucked them last time we were there not surprised they got them in tho security at Barnsley is shit n ours is that good I get my pockets searched when i have my rolling tin and tobacco in my pocket they hit one of the fans at the front last time as well one landed in his hood gonna happen all the time until someone sorts security out at games
Almost as easy as smuggling sentences into S24SU without punctuation.

One of the smoke bombs thrown that missed the crowd and hit the track was still sparking for a few seconds after it landed, lucky it wasn't in someone's hood.... The muppets with these are going to seriously hurt someone chucking them around. At best they are likely to give someone an asthma attack at worst? Who knows? Not that the muppets throwing them will care it's all a good laugh isn't it????

No problem with flares or smoke bombs whatsoever as long as they aren't aimed at anyone.
I'd like to see more actually, the type of "support" we see at English football grounds is boring and sanitized as fuck.
Sorry mate, have to disagree with the situation around the world and recent events in Paris, do you honestly think families want to go to any type of event that has a potential to put fear and risk of harm just so it ups your enjoyment. Quite sad really in my opinion.

Sorry mate, have to disagree with the situation around the world and recent events in Paris, do you honestly think families want to go to any type of event that has a potential to put fear and risk of harm just so it ups your enjoyment. Quite sad really in my opinion.

Well Paris is a bit of a non-sequiter for a start, I really don't see the connection with that one.
If English football gave a shit about families then ticket prices wouldn't be so astronomical.
Besides which, we have an entire stand which exclusively accomodates families, I don't see why both styles of support can't co-exist as they do across all of Europe.

Never usually any complaints when it's just the usual thousand or so willing to travel further than south yorkshire

Well Paris is a bit of a non-sequiter for a start, I really don't see the connection with that one.
If English football gave a shit about families then ticket prices wouldn't be so astronomical.
Besides which, we have an entire stand which exclusively accomodates families, I don't see why both styles of support can't co-exist as they do across all of Europe.
They give a shit, that's why it's illegal to take them into the ground. And I don't see the connection with ticket prices and flares, whoever wants to use flares go ahead, I just hope that no innocent person suffers the consequence of others actions.

The fashion police should be able to spot someone entering the ground in flares
View attachment 14574

On a serious note this is worrying. I have had serious words with the missus who insists in taking a feckin shoulder bag to the match filled with supplies for the whole family stand, blanket, gel hand warmers, additional clothing, food, seats, drinks, etc all the essentials to survive a football game!

So you can imagine how obvious said bag is yet 8/10 she ducks in without being stopped and she finds it amusing but I feckin don't! If she can use such stealth (jokin) to get in anyone can. Time for metal detectors at all turnstiles?
Maybe it's just obvious that you and your missus aren't there to cause bother and probably don't have a flare in your bag.

Those that like flares and smoke bombs should really fuck off to Cleethorpes' beach in a force 10 gale and jump into a kids inflatable where they can be carried out to sea, they can then shoot their flares and smoke off to their hearts content but somehow I don't think the cretins would enjoy that experience too much.

I thought I remembered similar incidents at last season's game and after a bit of searching I found this letter sent to SUFC after the game.

Did you throw a flare on Saturday?

If so, please read this - particularly if you threw the second flare after we scored. I was sitting on the front row. To my left was my wife, my seven-year-old grandson and my daughter, together with a young disabled girl and her mother (who attend every game home and away.) To my right were two middle-aged ladies who I also see regularly at away matches. Compared to me, as mid-fifty-year-old, they were people who could reasonably be classed as 'vulnerable'.

As I turned round to face our fans, I saw your flare flying towards us. Fortunately I was able to push my wife out of the way and cover my grandson, and the flare hit me on the back, bouncing off my thick coat, singeing the fleece of the lady next to me, and landing on the gangway, so the only damage was to two coats. I realised afterwards, however, that I was extremely fortunate that the flare hadn't landed in my hood.

I am not judging you or demanding any punishment - that is for other people to decide. However, if you have been lucky enough to get away with it on this occasion, I would ask you to think very carefully about the possible consequences of what you did, and the serious injury you could have inflicted on one of YOUR OWN fans. Leaving aside the issue of a lifetime ban from the Club and other prosecution simply for throwing the flare, I want you to consider that, under very slightly different circumstances, you could well have been facing the possibility of a very serious charge and lengthy prison sentence, all as a consequence of a few drinks (perhaps) and the supposed 'thrill' of sneaking the flares in and throwing them.

I don't go to matches expecting to be surrounded by a bunch of saints who behave politely and don't swear. I do, however, expect my Club's fans to stick together and not act in such a way as to put fellow Blades in danger.

So think about it - is your matchday experience really enhanced by such actions? Or have you been lucky this time, and can you not only learn from it, but perhaps also tell your mates not to be so daft as well?

Read more at http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/sheffield-united-pyrotechnics-2382692.aspx#khW1O3yBSwEoktsF.99

It doesn't really matter that they were only smoke bombs and not really flares.

Back
Top Bottom