Fitness and Half Time Contrasts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sometimes you see players needing three or four strides to build up a head of steam and increase pace, Harry Maguire was a great example, once he got up to speed he was unstoppable. Yesterday, Coutts had three or four strides and started slowing down, and was inevitably caught by a Wigan player who then proceeded to dispossess him. How many times were the crowd shouting, "man on, man on!"

Excuse me for butting in but it's purely down to vision and mindset.If you don't
see the pass you can't make it,if you don't see the space or anticipate the next
move you won't make the run beat the man or score the goal.We are not switched on and we don't think one step ahead.
I remember being a kid in the school yard playing footie,
I was the one left at the end,the dregs
that no one really wanted in their team.
This pissed me off after a while and I became super determined to prove I was as good as the other kids.Sure enough I made my way up the pecking order until
the day I got picked first,over 40 years ago now but it was a life lesson for me.
I did'nt suddenly become more talented,just applied myself,got switched on
and became first choice.
There is talent at the lane no question about it,you can not fake your way into
Professional football.
It could be partly Adkins tactics stunting any creativity or his team talks not motivating them or too much tech talk and no blood and guts war cry Basset or warnock style but the real hurdle is in the minds of the players of that I'm sure.
A lot of truth in what you say Loxleyblade but having all the skill in the world wins you nothing if you can't get around the pitch ,every team we play embarrasses us with there running and I don't beleave Burton have more skill in there squad than we do but look where they are.As a team we are scared to attack in number as when it brakes down we are up the Creek with nobody able to get back,everyone is vulnerable to a quick break away .It's a big problem for us when two down yesterday on the occasion s we did have a break on our lack of players in forward
positions was costly as lack of support for the player with the ball was very apparent and sure enough it fizzled out.Adkins will be aware of all this but solving it is another matter,there's no one in the squad that offers a solution.You did offer your experiences as a boy and it is true you can bridge the gap in quality by determination to succeed and at our level that is vital ,that's something else we have in short supply.

Coutts played a very decent role? In what sense? I thought it was a disgraceful performance, and I rarely stretch to that sort of language.

Totally agree. He had no intention of ever making any sort of a challenge when they had the ball. He cheated his teammates yesterday.

Any chance of another tactical masterclass Bergen Blade about how the physical limitations of the squad affect how we can play?

Keep hearing about how crap we are, we need to work out why!

If they're not fit enough they won't get into their positions, will lose their men, will make stupid challenges

Coutts and Baxter both were a shambles yesterday in terms of work rate. It was embarrasing to watch them barely jog around.

Back
Top Bottom