Final 23/24 predictions?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Well, I thought it was time to make final predictions for this season. Though feeling pretty depressed last weekend I wasn't sure I could be bothered.
Having picked up only one point since Christmas, when I hoped for 6 or 7, I think we can comfortably say we will be relegated. Hope began to evaporate quickly after the Luton game.
At best I think we could achieve around 30 points in total. This will not be enough unless FFP intervene. I do see us finish above Burnley, and maybe close to Forest, even without FFP. They have a horrible set of games left. We do have a better run in than most around us imo. But we need to start picking up points.
I don't see us catching Luton, Brentford or Palace now. Luton could take a downturn through injuries (thin squad) and suspensions but they have a run of home games coming up that could see them clear. Everton, will yet again probably survive unless FFP remove more points.
So I predict us to finish 19th, above Burnley, and either Forest, Luton or Everton in 18th. It will be closer than a lot think, but we still won't survive. Those 6 or 7 points we could have got in January were crucial.
Finally, I actually think I will look forward to life in the Championship next year. I don't see us sinking further with this squad intact, parachute money and WAK in charge. Much more fun than this somewhat depressing season!

Well, I thought it was time to make final predictions for this season. Though feeling pretty depressed last weekend I wasn't sure I could be bothered.
Having picked up only one point since Christmas, when I hoped for 6 or 7, I think we can comfortably say we will be relegated. Hope began to evaporate quickly after the Luton game.
At best I think we could achieve around 30 points in total. This will not be enough unless FFP intervene. I do see us finish above Burnley, and maybe close to Forest, even without FFP. They have a horrible set of games left. We do have a better run in than most around us imo. But we need to start picking up points.
I don't see us catching Luton, Brentford or Palace now. Luton could take a downturn through injuries (thin squad) and suspensions but they have a run of home games coming up that could see them clear. Everton, will yet again probably survive unless FFP remove more points.
So I predict us to finish 19th, above Burnley, and either Forest, Luton or Everton in 18th. It will be closer than a lot think, but we still won't survive. Those 6 or 7 points we could have got in January were crucial.
Finally, I actually think I will look forward to life in the Championship next year. I don't see us sinking further with this squad intact, parachute money and WAK in charge. Much more fun than this somewhat depressing season!
We aint finishing above anyone.

We'll be lucky to finish on 15 points. Even drawing a match looks beyond us let alone winning one. Even if we gain more points than Derby we will go down as THE worst team in Premier League history. We are woeful in every department and uncompetitive for large parts of matches, outplayed in every area of the pitch with an inability to retain the ball or complete two simple passes. I just can't wait for this crap to be over. But then again the summer fills me with dread given how poor the last three have been with recruitment, planning and lame excuses.

Back
Top Bottom