FA Youth Cup tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some quick impressions, and a similar United player

Ryan Andrews - left footed gk. Simon Tracey

Jack Waldron - RWB. Captain. Short, but stocky, strong and aggressive. He's got a good leap and is sometimes used as an outlet for a diagonal high ball. George Baldock/Craig Alcock.

Jayden Prunty - RCB. Only played first half. Athletic lad, but liked to get involved in attacks as well. Jack O'Connell.

Dovydas Sasnauskas - CB. Elegant lanky sweeper. Leigh Bromby.

Zain Tahir - LCB. Tidy left footed centre back. Did well. Anel Ahmedhodzic/Martin Cranie.

Frankie Jones - LWB. Energetic left back. Faced a good opponent in Wimbledon's RW. Chris Armstrong

Sam Aston - RCM, then CM. Another very tidy midfielder in the mould of Sydie Peck, Owen Hargreaves and Charlie Staniland. Looked good at everything and my MoM. Lee Williamson

Jaye Long - CM. Had to come off early, bit hard to assess. John Ebbrell.

Billy Blacker - LCM. Think he's been playing as a forward, but brilliant on occasions in midfield. Loves dribbling (bit like Louie Marsh) and was able to keep the ball in 'impossible' situations. But also ran in to trouble a few times. Scored the winner. Michael Tonge

Jevan Beattie - ST. Tall striker. Struggled tonight, but showed enthusiasm and didn't hide. Joe Ironside.

Ryan One - ST. Not his best game either. So big and strong that defenders get away with a lot of dirty stuff against him. He may need to learn when to go down to win a free kick, and when to smash his opponent (fairly) to prevent them from wrestling/clinging on to him on every occasion. Christian Nade.

----

Ethan Cummings - RCM. Came on in the first half and had a few mazy runs second half. Iliman Ndiaye.

Seth Okyere - RCB. Second half sub. A real athlete. Acrobatically set up the winner. Auston Trusty.

Well done to Wimbledon who had a number of good players as well. It was a pretty even game for quite a while.

Didn't he pick up a bad injury last season, think this was one of his first games back.
I know this u18 level, but thought he stood out as a player to watch for the future.
Didn’t play like he’d been out injured. Crunching slide tackle near the end got a big roar from the stand.

Billy blacker the no.10 had some great feet and technical ability in some tight areas. He looks good. Last 20 he wasn’t quite as effective as he was tired but he seemed to hold and retain the ball the best of all the forward players.

Didn’t play like he’d been out injured. Crunching slide tackle near the end got a big roar from the stand.
Just looked on the Sufc team page, evidently he picked up an ACL injury which ended his first season with us. Good to know that he isn't afraid to get stuck in, let's hope that he can make real progress this season.

Does anyone know what happened to Kurt Havenhand? He was scoring loads last season but haven't seen his name for ages. I assume he's injured? If so, must have been a bad one.

Thought Waldron had a very good game. Defended well and put in some good balls at the other end. Okyere and Cummings also did really well off the bench.

Nice to see George Baldock in the stands too along with a couple of the younger (older) lads like Brooks posing for selfies etc et halftime.

Did we put out a fairly young side? Didn’t recognise a few of the names, but then again I’ve not paid as much attention this season, so the ones I’m more familiar with may now be in the level above.

So the original fans don't count!?
Of course they do, the whole thing was a cunts trick but the phoenix club (where the original fans are) has got back into league and if I'm right are in same league as MK Don's now. From my blades view though away days to Dublin are much preferable to going to Milton Keynes!

Does anyone know what happened to Kurt Havenhand? He was scoring loads last season but haven't seen his name for ages. I assume he's injured? If so, must have been a bad one.
I think he was at the end of our row at Wembley. He was on crutches and had a big knee brace on - and so assume some kind of knee ligament injury. So yes, it looked bad.

Back
Top Bottom