New Blades Heaven podcast -- is the cup as important as the league now?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FH Team

Reaction score
Hi Blades!

We have a new Blades Heaven podcast out. Carl Asaba gives his view on a magical night at the Lane against Spurs -- and then he debates whether the league is now as important as the cup, given the rare opportunity United have to make a FA Cup semi-final (and maybe even a final 👀)

Have a listen via the link -- https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f6k590
It's also available wherever you get your podcasts, just search for Blades Heaven

If you want to watch a video of the lads arguing you can also watch this 😝

Hope you're loving the great season and all feedback welcome!

I listened to FH last night (or sport heaven for the pedants) and you asked one guy whether he'd rather the cup or promotion. Think he answered cup but said promotion for the financial future of the club. For me, personally, the cup. As I'm poorly with time against me, I'd bawl like a newborn if we won the cup.

Us or Blackburn in the semi makes it more exciting as a tie though.

I listened to FH last night (or sport heaven for the pedants) and you asked one guy whether he'd rather the cup or promotion. Think he answered cup but said promotion for the financial future of the club. For me, personally, the cup. As I'm poorly with time against me, I'd bawl like a newborn if we won the cup.

Us or Blackburn in the semi makes it more exciting as a tie though.

Obviously the league is so important for the finances and the prestige of being in the Premier League...

But the romance of getting to the FA Cup final, maybe even winning it... I agree that would be so special.

Wigan did it!

If we do get past Blackburn, we need to avoid Man City. Even though they’re well, down the Ethiad pecking order. I can’t see them letting McAtee and Doyle play for us in a semi final.

Both are important, just like they are every season

Typical footballers attitude, they've been allowed to get away with their "tired" bullshit for so long, and it has now made its way through to the fans, media and managers as well, making excuses for them.

Some people do dangerous jobs, dangerous as in they could die, but they still have to do the fucking thing 12 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week no matter how tired, or even ill they are, it's called concentration and responsibility.

That Spurs team was a disgrace, trying to do as little as possible knowing that the fans, the manager and the media would make its excuses for them.

Can you imagine Nadal, Federer or Djokovic prioritising the US Open over Wimbledon and wimping out with a cold

I honestly believe we have the squad to do both. Carl Asaba makes a very good point from a players point of view. As a player he wants to play at the highest level possible in his career. For him, and no doubt a lot of our squad, that is the number 1 priority.

FA Cup wins are an emotional event. Getting out of the Championship into the PL is the bread and butter event for everyone’s future.

Still think we can do both, even if we draw agains Blackburn today!

If we do get past Blackburn, we need to avoid Man City. Even though they’re well, down the Ethiad pecking order. I can’t see them letting McAtee and Doyle play for us in a semi final.
It would be a strange situation the players would find them selves in .I am sure they would want to play in a semi or a final IF we get that far but against City would as you say cause a problem . Can you imagine if and its a big if they allowed them to play and either one of them scored against City what a back lash there would be ? Not sure how the rules stand with loan players playing against their parent club in the cup but can not see City letting it happen .I wonder how the players would feel ?

Screenshot_20230304_063450_Drive.jpg
As per the 2022/2023 FA cup rules...

"The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending club."

To FH team, can you stick an extra valve in yer transmitter pls, as am at the east coast today, so I can listen to the game today.
Ta muchly.

A year into retirement I'd love us to win the cup before I pop off but that said the longer we get to play in the Premier League the more chance we have of winning a cup. So for me the league has to be number one get money into the club and upgrade the academy and facilities which long term filters down to produce better players.

Back
Top Bottom