fa cup draw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Imagine if we get MK Dons. Then we'll have played them 4 times in 2014. Such a privilege.

We're ball 39. If you want to draw a non-league side, they're numbers 49-80.
My preference - Hemel Hempstead (subject to them winning a replay) or Braintree away for a new ground with not far to travel or Weymouth or Worcester City away for a nice day out!

Very good!. Played at Concord Park for Sheffield deaf between 1979 and 1983. Our home pitch was always number 1

Sheffield Friendlies League wasn't it Silent Blade?

We probably kicked lumps out of each other as I was playing on the right wing for Firth Derihon in the same league. Our home pitch at Concord Park was no. 7.

Happy days. :)

We're ball 39. If you want to draw a non-league side, they're numbers 49-80.
My preference - Hemel Hempstead (subject to them winning a replay) or Braintree away for a new ground with not far to travel or Weymouth or Worcester City away for a nice day out!

When each ball is drawn out of the bag, the host usually makes a little comment to qualify each team. For example; "Maidstone United - who beat Welling United on Saturday to get to the first round proper."

I just hope that when ball 39 is pulled out, the host says "Sheffield United - Nigel Clough's team who did the Football League proud in reaching the semi-final last season" instead of "Sheffield United - who are currently embroiled in off the field controversy etc, etc"

A bit far fetched perhaps but with regard to the BBC, it wouldn't surprise me if they took the opportunity to stick the boot in too. :(

The Draw Numbers
1 Accrington Stanley
2 AFC Wimbledon
3 Barnsley
4 Bradford City
5 Bristol City
6 Burton Albion
7 Bury
8 Cambridge United
9 Carlisle United
10 Cheltenham Town
11 Chesterfield
12 Colchester United
13 Coventry City
14 Crawley Town
15 Crewe Alexandra
16 Dagenham & Redbridge
17 Doncaster Rovers
18 Exeter City
19 Fleetwood Town
20 Gillingham
21 Hartlepool United
22 Leyton Orient
23 Luton Town
24 Mansfield Town
25 Milton Keynes Dons
26 Morecambe
27 Newport County
28 Northampton Town
29 Notts County
30 Oldham Athletic
31 Oxford United
32 Peterborough United
33 Plymouth Argyle
34 Port Vale
35 Portsmouth
36 Preston North End
37 Rochdale
38 Scunthorpe United
39 Sheffield United
40 Shrewsbury Town
41 Southend United
42 Stevenage
43 Swindon Town
44 Tranmere Rovers
45 Walsall
46 Wycombe Wanderers
47 Yeovil Town
48 York City
49 Spennymoor Town Or AFC Telford United
50 AFC Fylde
51 Grimsby Town
52 Norton United Or Shildon
53 Warrington Town
54 Alfreton Town Or Lincoln City
55 Macclesfield Town Or Wrexham
56 Chorley Or FC Halifax Town
57 Altrincham
58 Blyth Spartans
59 Chester
60 Gateshead
61 Tamworth Or Southport
62 Bristol Rovers
63 East Thurrock United
64 Forest Green Rovers
65 Dartford
66 Maidstone United
67 Gosport Borough
68 Weston Super Mare
69 Eastbourne Borough Or Dover Athletic
70 Weymouth Or Braintree Town
71 Worcester City Or Greenwich Borough
72 Canvey Island Or Havant & Waterlooville
73 Concord Rangers
74 Basingstoke Town Or Harrow Borough
75 Aldershot Town
76 Eastleigh
77 Bromley
78 Chelmsford City Or Barnet
79 Nuneaton Town Or Hemel Hempstead Town
80 Woking

Would fancy a trip to the seaside for a non-league side. On second thoughts maybe Spennymoor Town for the name.

P.S Google maps is getting a right going over with some of these teams

Yeovil away would be great for me.

1: it's 10 minutes away, and 2: One we could win quite easily - well, should do.......

Sheffield Friendlies League wasn't it Silent Blade?

We probably kicked lumps out of each other as I was playing on the right wing for Firth Derihon in the same league. Our home pitch at Concord Park was no. 7.

Happy days. :)
Yes, Friendlies League 3rd div. Dont remember Firth Derihon but remember a cup match against Firth Park Villa in 1980-81. Did Sheffield Deaf play Firth Derihon before 1979-80 season? Trying to remember the teams in that division for the 1979-80 season

Blake Athletic
St Nathaniels
Wincobank & Blackburn
Pneumatic Components (I scored 4 in a 5-5 draw!)
Davy Athletic (never forgot the mass brawl in a match against them on FA Cup semi final day in 1981!)
Escalopians
Wincobank WMC
Stocksbridge
Greenhill
Cant remember the two or three more teams, I became the secretary of the club in 1980 and remember being hammered by Melanic and Caribbean (both teams had black players who were strong and fast) in the 1980-81 season

Yes, Friendlies League 3rd div. Dont remember Firth Derihon but remember a cup match against Firth Park Villa in 1980-81. Did Sheffield Deaf play Firth Derihon before 1979-80 season? Trying to remember the teams in that division for the 1979-80 season

Blake Athletic
St Nathaniels
Wincobank & Blackburn
Davy Athletic (never forgot the mass brawl in a match against them on FA Cup semi final day in 1981!)
Escalopians
Wincobank WMC
Stocksbridge
Greenhill
Cant remember the two or three more teams, I became the secretary of the club in 1980 and remember being hammered by Melanic and Caribbean (both teams had black players who were strong and fast) in the 1980-81 season
Shouldn't Wincobank WMC be Wincobank & Blackburn WMC ?

Blyth Spartans, cause it's a cool name. I'd need Google to tell me where in the country they are though!

Shouldn't Wincobank WMC be Wincobank & Blackburn WMC ?
Yes you are right it was Wincobank & Blackburn WMC but I do remember another team in the division with the name Wincobank. It was either just "Wincobank" or Wincobank something

Yes you are right it was Wincobank & Blackburn WMC but I do remember another team in the division with the name Wincobank. It was either just "Wincobank" or Wincobank something
Maybe Wincobank Hotel perhaps, the only other team in Wincobank would have been the Foundry Arms. I don't think the Conservative club had a team.

Blake Athletic
St Nathaniels
Wincobank & Blackburn
Escalopians
Wincobank WMC
Stocksbridge
Greenhill

As I recall, our first season was around 1981 (we were in dark orange shirts with black trim, black shorts, orange socks). I cant remember what division we were in to begin with although I can remember the teams we played were The Blackstock, Claymore A & Claymore B, Sheffield Deaf, Wincobank Hotel, Foxhill Community Centre (we had some right ding-dongs with them). We played Melanic in a cup game and they were a very good team.

As I recall, our first season was around 1981 (we were in dark orange shirts with black trim, black shorts, orange socks). I cant remember what division we were in to begin with although I can remember the teams we played were The Blackstock, Claymore A & Claymore B, Sheffield Deaf, Wincobank Hotel, Foxhill Community Centre (we had some right ding-dongs with them). We played Melanic in a cup game and they were a very good team.
I was the secretary for the 1981-82 season too and attended Friendlies League meetings at Trippet Lane every month. I remember Blackstock also Claymore Swords, Target (players often met at the pub in Hyde Park Flats and I remember drinking with a few of them there), Mansel (there was player who was a nasty show off who teased our team until one of our players punched him- the ref didnt even send him off!) and Red Grouse. I remember the 1979-80 season better than in 1981-82 and in 1982-83 cos playing in an adult football league for the first time was an eye-opener for me also in 1981-82 and in 1982-83 I was often going to York for weekends to see my then girlfriend and often taking the day return on the train from York to Sheffield on Saturdays so the recollection of our opponents were not really sticking in my mind. The club withdrew from the Friendlies League midway in the 1983-84 season cos we were short of players. In the mid 1980s the club played on Sundays in the Sinatras League but I wasnt the secretary. My Norwich mate who stayed over at my house for this weekend (we were at the Sty yesterday!) recalled watching me play for Sheffield Deaf somewhere in the Rotherham area in November 1986 (the previous day we beat Sunderland 2-1, David Frain scoring a superb winner). I remember the Sunderland game but not that Sinatras League match!

Back
Top Bottom