Eastwood's Rochdale debut... and other ex blade mentions.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
Had a quick search, couldn't see it.... thought it might have popped up on here? Anyway, balls it... I'm talking about it now....

Wasn't the best debut it has to be said..... young Eastwood won't be giving anyone the 'wood' with that performance. Conceding 4 goals on his Dale debut.

Rochdale went 2-0 up early doors, but it became a closer affair.... Never the less, Rochdale led 3-2 up until the 89th minute, but then 2 late Bristol rovers goals saw then walk away 3-4 winners.

But I'm not 'done' here..... b'dum tsssh.

A couple of ex blades in to throw into the mix, firstly the above Matt Done. Although he might as well be called Matt 'done'f**k all this year........ but then again, Barring his first season with us where he actually appeared half decent in league one..... let's face it, he was no Chris Porter was he??

Anyway... he started for Rochdale, lasted seventy odd minutes, didn't score.....and that's his honourable mention over. He's played 24 games for Rochdale this season, and what can I say.... he's no Mitrovic of league two. He's got a staggering 0 goals in 24 appearances record, but hey he's managed an assist.......well done Matty!!

But the real notable mention, with no sarcasm attached.... because let's face it, he was a highlight of a rough time for the club. All things said and done he was a quality midfielder..... to some, a poor man's Michael brown? But I liked him, he was a key foundation in turning around our fortunes and getting us back where we belong.

Who I hear you ask...... no other than

On and on...
His second name is couttsy.....
On and on.....
Signed on a free from Derby....
On and on...
He never gives the ball away.....

For those unaware, he plays for Bristol Rovers these days at the ripe age of 33.

Anyway, there was no earth and wind at the weekend for our Paul.... but there was a little bit of fire.

Deep on injury time (the last of 8 added minutes), Couttsy gets himself a straight red for retaliation. He was on the end of a tackle, after Rochdale desperately pushed for a last gasp equaliser...... With his team on level points for the last automatic spit and with the league two play-off spots being wide open, I'm sure he won't be very happy to have to sit out at this stage of the season.... his manager however is Joey Barton and we all know he wanks over red cards and won't be bothered.

Anyway...... verdict.

Not the best start really. He may have been Ramsdales understudy and training buddy, but he isn't anywhere near on par judging by that performance..... An advance sorry for any Eastwood raters, but I genuinely don't see him cutting it at BDTBl and genuinely see him as a candidate for the released or transfer list.....

Last edited:

Quite surprised he's even still here.

25 now and he's been nowhere near the first team at any point.

No howlers in there but no real presence and maybe he could have commanded his 6 yard box better for the third. The fourth was a reaction save but he did push it straight out.

Must have been a good game to watch though!

Quite surprised he's even still here.

25 now and he's been nowhere near the first team at any point.
There needs to be a certain number of keepers in the squad to make keeper training sessions work, he's probably a cheaper option than bringing in a more experienced keeper as 3rd choice, and it allows the younger keepers to go out on loan rather than being kept at the club making up the numbers in training...

I believe he only went to Rochdale on the day of the game as a very last minute emergency loan.

Eastwoods just a training keeper, he’s earned some decent money doing it, but he’ll never be Uniteds number one.
It’s down to his ambition whether he’s happy with that role or he pushes for a move, until one day when the decision is taken for him.

Hard on the lad, that. Not much he could have done about any of the goals.

Back
Top Bottom