Dribblers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Webber was also decent. The year we got promoted he would run up the pitch from kick off coming close a few times.

Best two dribble goals i have seen in a red and white shirt was Tony Field ( one may have been against Ipswich ) .

The other guy who could dribble was Stuart Scullion . ( i remember him hitting the bar for Watford in a promotion game at the lane which we won 3-0. )

Does get bums off seats .

UTB

We signed Scullion after that match. Early in the following season we were beating Chelsea 1-0 at home, but hanging on to the lead when one of our players, probably Eddie Colquhoun, had to go off injured.This may have left us down to ten men and we were now under more pressure than ever but we got the ball out to Scullion near the half way line. He got the ball and dribbled past 2 or 3 Chelsea players and with no-one to pass to turned and went back and dribbled past them all again.

A couple of minutes later the ref blew for time and we went home top ofthe league. Sadly the following week we went to Old Trafford and Best knackered us with some dribbling skills of his own.

The trouble I found with most of the players that could dribble with the ball was they were never happy with beating their man just the once ......

Back
Top Bottom