Does 'how' United are relegated matter?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

does the manner of relegation hold significance, or is finishing of 18th or worse the sole cause for

• No, relegated is relegated and it won't effect 24/25

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Yes, if the Bournemouth game is an example then the hangover will be lengthy

Votes: 153 89.0%

• Total voters

It matters, it really matters. Not just for the sake of looking like twats week in week out but for us poor fuckers who have to pay to watch it.

Normally Hecky would go now but the difficult part of it all is as a fan base we need to understand that when he leaves some one new will need to know the academy, deal with a huge shift in long standing players leaving the club and an owner who couldn’t sell a life jacket on titanic. It’s no small job!!

Hecky there until January, then gone so we don’t have to sign anyone.

To be perfectly honest, I really hope Luton succeed in their fight to stay in the Premier league. They’ve shown the guts and courage required to claw themselves away from the bottom. Yes they might ultimately fail, but at least they’re giving it a go…Unlike the blatant cowardice shown by my team and it’s coaching staff.
And their recruitment has been far far superior to ours.

We're probably going down whatever unless something miraculous happens but if Hecky stays and we have no cash we've got two options.

An Ethan Ampadu Relegation - A gutless, lightweight impression of playing football, while not really bothering to ever get stuck in as you know you're gone at the end of the season anyway.

A Kean Bryan Relegation - Hopelessly out of your depth, sometimes embarrassing but always trying the best you can with the odd great day along the way even though you'll be gone at the end of the season anyway.

There's absolutely no redeeming features about the first one, while the second one is still shit but at least some fans will appreciate the effort.

"Does how you're relegated matter if your owner doesn't give a shit?" could be a better question. As honestly even if we go down with fire, grit and determination, they'll be out of contract in the Summer anyway, so it wont really impact next season, and we all know the Prince ain't going to spending what's required to rebuild an new team to get us competing well in the Championship.
What about all the fight that players show in the last year of their contract?!

Oh yeah, that was Abdullah talking shite and applying American Football principles to our club.

In reality they play within themselves to protect themselves from injury so that they can get a juicy signing on fee and wage bump next season.

If Hecky stays then I want us to take Derby's record as the shittest Premier League team ever.....not because I will take £750 from SkyBet but because it will serve everyone at SUFC fucking right....(apart from us fans of course).

I would gladly trade that potential winning bet right now to see Cluelessbottom sacked and if we still took Derby's record I would donate the lot to charity.

It’s very hard to know whether it’s better to just let PH take us down and then fire him, or whether we should get someone in now to assess the team in readiness for next season.

The cynic in me says we’ll do the former, leave it late, have a shit preseason, poor summer transfer window and then wonder why.
You've more faith than me!

There's a third alternative where we bring Wilder in to much noise - we stink the PL for the rest of the season - lose all the players who are out of contract - start the Championship campaign like a wet fart - realise all the players we let go werent as bad as we thought - and end up sacking Wilder this time next year and wonder where it all went wrong...

Happy Monday!

You've more faith than me!

There's a third alternative where we bring Wilder in to much noise - we stink the PL for the rest of the season - lose all the players who are out of contract - start the Championship campaign like a wet fart - realise all the players we let go werent as bad as we thought - and end up sacking Wilder this time next year and wonder where it all went wrong...

Happy Monday!

And that's quite believable...

We finished on 23 last time out and only by picking up a few results late on when we were long relegated mathematically. If we can beat that then it's marginally less depressing and makes it look like we've had a go. Not finishing bottom would also make things slightly more palatable.

Losing feels a bit different this time around because when we lose, we're getting thrashed rather than losing by ones and twos. Even when we were at our absolute worst under Wilder, there were only a handful of occasions where we were royally hammered but the fact we failed to score in over half our games that season meant that the opposition didn't need to score more than one to feel pretty safe about the result.

It's not the defeat, it's the manner of defeat. Too many late goals and players who stand about feeling sorry for themselves and chucking the towel in like they did against Newcastle and at the weekend. Losing to Man United like we did is one that's easier to take - the lads had a good go and were unlucky. Losing 1-0 to Palace with a team we'd have thought would get us relegated from the Championship never mind the Premier League as another example.

If we'd hung on to beat Spurs who at that point were the next big thing, fortunes could have been so much different but that was the big turning point where heads dropped and then got compounded by the 8-0 shitshow and we are where we are.

The Wolves result should have been the catalyst for getting the season up and running but losing like that to a key relegation rival shows the players and the coaching staff up for what they are - not up to the job. We might pick up the odd result, cup tie style but week to week, we just don't have enough skill, intelligence, concentration, discipline, creativity or will to win.

The signings we've made haven't improved the squad - other than Archer and Hamer, there's nobody who is an automatic starter or we'd be excited about signing. Same issue as we've had under Wilder where we can't seem to sign people who consign players like Norwood, Egan, Robinson and various others to the dustbin because we either just don't recruit well enough, can't afford to sign the finished article and end up signing a load of cheap, random foreigners in the the hope that we can find a wedding ring whilst digging around in the dogshit.
Standing about feeling sorry for themselves is exactly what I’ve seen after every goal conceded,This is the big hole that Billy sharp left.There’s no one picking up the pieces like he did.

If our beloved team is humiliated week in week out, it stands to reason that we as a fanbase are humiliated week in week out.

If Hecky stays then I want us to take Derby's record as the shittest Premier League team ever.....not because I will take £750 from SkyBet but because it will serve everyone at SUFC fucking right....(apart from us fans of course).

I would gladly trade that potential winning bet right now to see Cluelessbottom sacked and if we still took Derby's record I would donate the lot to charity.
The sad thing is we ARE SUFC. The owners, the staff and the players are effectively just passing through.

Back
Top Bottom