Does Anybody Have An Estimate?...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Of how much a Wembley FA Cup semi-final appearance will be worth to the club in monetary terms? Ticket-sales, TV rights etc?

Just wondering if it will make a meaningful contribution to getting us out of the shit, if indeed the reports are true?

At least 1.5 mill I would've thought

I saw somewhere £450k for winning the quarter and £500k for losing the semi

Of how much a Wembley FA Cup semi-final appearance will be worth to the club in monetary terms? Ticket-sales, TV rights etc?

Just wondering if it will make a meaningful contribution to getting us out of the shit, if indeed the reports are true?
Means the players get paid, we can afford the fuel and hotel rooms for the players, and there might even be enough left, to buy a bit of grass seed for the pigeons!

£500k for losing semi finalists plus tv rights and a percentage of the gate I read it could be about £2 million gross

I reckon the cup run will net us about 4m.

Prize money = 105+120+225+450+500 = 1.4m
TV money = 110+55+155*+200 = 0.52m
Gate to 6th round = 7,268+9,909+20,310+28,308+25,814 = 91,609 @£15* = 1,374,135 x 0.45 = 618,360.75

*Guesstimate

Semi Final = attendance 70,000? @ £60. Clubs get lower than 45% but cannot locate how much. Let's say 30%. = 1,26m

Total = 3.8m

I'm sure there will be a few additional sponsor add-ons and probably the corporate tickets will take the gate price higher but seems a reasonable figure.

All assumptions based on us losing to City!

Beating Man City to get to the final = Priceless
Beating anyone else in the final = Priceless

For everything else, there’s Doyle and McAtee rested for the league, and available for the final

If we lose then the prize money is £500k. Winning would net us £1m. That is prize monies only, so if you were to factor in ticket sales, TV money etc it will be more.

I can only find TV revenue figures up to round 6 strangely, but round 5 and round 6 TV revenue was £247.5k apiece, rounds 3 and 4 net you £144k. I believe these figures were for 2022 so I'd imagine it would be the same - or close to - this year.

Anyway, taking that into account I'd say it's fair to estimate TV revenue being close to £400k? Plus 45% of total tickets revenue.

I'm going to hazard a guess that if we go out in the semis (very likely even for the most optimistic of blades) we will net around £1m.

A drop in the ocean in today's football financial climate 😑

I found this quite interesting tbh, and is probably one of the reasons the FA cup has lost some of its charm over the years. Realistically, it's usually one of the elite that end up lifting the trophy, so there's no real financial incentive, hence its not taken very serious unless they happen to reach the latter rpunds. To a team lower down the footballing pyramid however, it would be a substantial amount. Makes very little sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom