Do we really need to recruit?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have a team just about good enough for top 2, however we need to stop leaving it to chance and squad players. I would rather we brought in players who are going to improve the 1st 11 or young players for the future.

If we do go up, we are not going to be able to compete with the money being spent, so we need to build the team here and now and see where it takes us. Improve playing staff now and let the team grow.

How far off is Coutts? Wallace is almost there so CM is not as pressing as CH.

That's my concern, Coutts and Wallace seem incapable of doing Saturday to Saturday never mind Sat, Tues, Saturday games. As much as I rate Baxer, he does like a red card. Abit of cover in CM wouldn't go a miss. As Essex said it would also mean we could push Basham back to CB if needed.

we need 2 a cb and a midfield / wide player
what we had are getting to show their worth going forward
many have been stifled, and can save us as bit now as we see they might not be so bad , used properly

Players thats had some stick , mainly as theyve been mis used are getting their head above the parapets and one or two will fill some voids

Imagine Che coming on at the 60 minute mark when we need a goal at home against the bus parkers (& we're going to get 'em from here on in). Go 3 at the back & put Che in behind Sammon & Sharpy, we'd win more than we'd draw, & that's the difference between top 2& the lottery of the play offs.
If the bus is parked then there is unlikely to be a great deal of space in behind making Che largely ineffective. I'd agree on Done and have him replace Che but Adams needs to learn outside how to use the ball and beat a man, going eitherway. Then when he is upfront he'll have more to his game and will be more difficult to neutralise. In short, he isn't good enough to play upfront as yet.

We will challenge for autos with this squad, but if we add 1 or 2 then we'll win the league.

I would choose the usual answer to this and say -

"There is no rush to buy for the sake of buying but we should recruit if the right type of player becomes available"..........:)

Yes we do need a CB, and if Wallace is shot another Midfielder

N2 needs to have his eye on next season, if he doesnt fancy Collins, be best to splash now

Princey and McCabe have plenty of money, and they may be getting all excited and giddy

And whats this winning the League, done it once in my 49 years of watching, highly doubtful .... :rolleyes:

If someone becomes available who would improve the squad it makes sense to look at them (continuous improvement) - what we really need to work on is the exit strategy for players who are at best 2nd choice cover or we'd end up with a squad of 50. Has no-one mentioned a centre half? And I am wary of Long as a back-up keeper - it looks like his confidence can deflate faster than a balloon. I think it would be dangerous to over-rely on Reed for similar reasons - he's still very young.

Back
Top Bottom