Do not over react - message to the Board

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolutely. Write this season off and go back to the championship in a better place to go back up. To be honest that was quite possibly the aim before a ball was kicked this season.
But other than Sunday we haven't been that far off. If we can get back to that and find an extra something we stand a chance. Maybe that extra something is a new manager.

I am not married to the idea Hecky is irreplaceable even if he's been hard done by from the owner

One or two rumours of financial problems brewing right now. Next summer we’ll have no money to spend and only a handful of players under contract. Squad will need a huge amount of investment. It’s very worrying.

The crucial thing is the takeover.
Maybe so. But where would we have been if we hadn’t been promoted? This season was about getting the money not the season itself. So as I say write it off and keep Heckingbottom regardless of what happens. We go from there.

But other than Sunday we haven't been that far off. If we can get back to that and find an extra something we stand a chance. Maybe that extra something is a new manager.

I am not married to the idea Hecky is irreplaceable even if he's been hard done by from the owner
The reason we have been in games is because of our defensive shape instilled by Hecky and the coaching staff. Sacking them won’t make these players better. Egan isn’t suddenly going to become better in the air or Norwood more mobile. We’ve got what we’ve got. Unfortunately it’s a team full of championship players.

The reason we have been in games is because of our defensive shape instilled by Hecky and the coaching staff. Sacking them won’t make these players better. Egan isn’t suddenly going to become better in the air or Norwood more mobile. We’ve got what we’ve got. Unfortunately it’s a team full of championship players.
I broadly agree but a what if with 170 million hanging over it is a hard thing to ignore. It's not like hecky is the only man who could get us back up.

I broadly agree but a what if with 170 million hanging over it is a hard thing to ignore. It's not like hecky is the only man who could get us back up.
Even Sir Alex Ferguson in his prime couldn’t keep this squad in the premier league. I think going down is a certainty. I’m not sure what sacking him achieves. Who do you propose we appoint as manager?

Even Sir Alex Ferguson in his prime couldn’t keep this squad in the premier league. I think going down is a certainty. I’m not sure what sacking him achieves. Who do you propose we appoint as manager?
I think we all know who the board are going to choose...

I am not sure I am willing to just surrender and go down. If that noise is coming from the board more performances like Sunday will happen. That cannot be allowed.

Back
Top Bottom