Diego at chezzie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Here's Rob Staton's commentary from 30th April 2017...

"Conor Dimaio, skips past Reed like he wasn't there, plays it forward to De Girolamo on the left, who nutmegs Brayford who is now sat in a heap. De Girolamo has space here, he cuts inside and plays a beautiful drilled cross field pass and EVANS!!! 12 YARDS OUT, ROOF OF THE NET AT A THE KOP END OF BRAMALL LANE. HE'S SCORED A FEW GOALS FROM THERE BEFORE BUT NONE COULD'VE PREDICTED THIS ONE.. Evans runs to Danny Wilson to celebrate, gets a high five from Chris Morgan... What a fantastic goal from Chesterfield and a sucker punch for Sheffield United. We're into the 4th minute of only 3 added on minutes of stoppage time and that goal looks like consigning Sheffield United to their 7th season in the third tier, with Chesterfield taking the final play off spot at their expense! What an unbelievable end to the season we have here at Bramall Lane"

"Conor Dimaio, skips past Reed like he wasn't there, plays it forward to De Girolamo on the left, who nutmegs Brayford who is now sat in a heap. De Girolamo has space here, he cuts inside and plays a beautiful drilled cross field pass and EVANS!!! 12 YARDS OUT, ROOF OF THE NET AT A THE KOP END OF BRAMALL LANE. HE'S SCORED A FEW GOALS FROM THERE BEFORE BUT NONE COULD'VE PREDICTED THIS ONE.. Evans runs to Danny Wilson to celebrate, gets a high five from Chris Morgan... What a fantastic goal from Chesterfield and a sucker punch for Sheffield United. We're into the 4th minute of only 3 added on minutes of stoppage time and that goal looks like consigning Sheffield United to their 7th season in the third tier, with Chesterfield taking the final play off spot at their expense! What an unbelievable end to the season we have here at Bramall Lane"

Alternatively, Wilson and Morgan sacked before Christmas, Ched guilty again and hounded out, Diego out on loan at Alfreton Town.

Alternatively, Wilson and Morgan sacked before Christmas, Ched guilty again and hounded out, Diego out on loan at Alfreton Town.

Bert , that senorio will be near to the truth . Past Glory , dreamworlds , if buts and maybes , seem to be the order of the day at downtown Chesterfield.

Yes the Laitner murders ,all a bit strange. Basil was a very good friend of my boss at the time ,another jewish guy ,really shocking. There was also Ian Wood a couple of years later who killed his girlfriend and shot her young son in the head twice before fleeing to Paris and threatening to throw himself off the Notre dame. You couldn't make it up.

My late Grandfather (who took me to my first matches) knew the Laitners, but I can't remember how or why he knew them, I assume through work or business.

Ian Wood was from Stannington area I think? Ex Myers Grove pupil? or am I getting that mixed up?

Evans and DDG up front for Chessie, could be an interesting mix.

My late Grandfather (who took me to my first matches) knew the Laitners, but I can't remember how or why he knew them, I assume through work or business.

Ian Wood was from Stannington area I think? Ex Myers Grove pupil? or am I getting that mixed up?

Don't know if its there now ,but Basil Laitner had a plaque on that walkway by the cathedral for many many years after he died ,so I presume his solicitor practice carried on ,unless it was left out of respect.

Thought Dimaio had been released by Chesterfield? Or am I mistaken?

Sean , we've had some strange people in the Sheffield area but also some characters . Pond Street Nora became part of the football Saturday special for me .

Tramp bloke with a beard on a moped with all his belongings riding round Sheffield City centre .

UTB
I remember a tramp called Cyril who would roam around the subway leading to the hole in the road. He was always opening his mouth wide. Think he froze to death sleeping outside during the cold winter of 1976/77

I remember a tramp called Cyril who would roam around the subway leading to the hole in the road. He was always opening his mouth wide. Think he froze to death sleeping outside during the cold winter of 1976/77

Bert remembers him as well, Subway Cyril. When he died The Star did an article on him and quite a few people contributed to flowers for his funeral.

"Conor Dimaio, skips past Reed like he wasn't there, plays it forward to De Girolamo on the left, who nutmegs Brayford who is now sat in a heap. De Girolamo has space here, he cuts inside and plays a beautiful drilled cross field pass and EVANS!!! 12 YARDS OUT, ROOF OF THE NET AT A THE KOP END OF BRAMALL LANE. HE'S SCORED A FEW GOALS FROM THERE BEFORE BUT NONE COULD'VE PREDICTED THIS ONE.. "

nah you lost credibility when you said dG passed the ball.

Bert remembers him as well, Subway Cyril. When he died The Star did an article on him and quite a few people contributed to flowers for his funeral.

Wasn't it in the Penthouse / Rebels doorway on Dixon Lane?

Wasn't it in the Penthouse / Rebels doorway on Dixon Lane?

Bert's memory can't recall where he died, but it does remember that they had a collection for him in the newsagents in the Hole in the Road and that quite a few went to his funeral.

Did the article say that he had a very good job before he had the nervous breakdown that led him to become a homeless person?

Did the article say that he had a very good job before he had the nervous breakdown that led him to become a homeless person?
Apparently rumour had it that prior to having a nervous breakdown, he had a property development company & owned 50% of an ailing lower league football club, before things got on top of him.

Strange really.

Ian Wood was a pupil at Birkdale. Being from Low Edges I never made it there, but my fishing pal was in the same year as him.

Ian Wood was a pupil at Birkdale. Being from Low Edges I never made it there, but my fishing pal was in the same year as him.

Cheers Robby, I seem to think that some lads I knew (when it was in the papers about him murdering), said he used to drink in the Hollybush at Rivelin,. I could be mistaken though pal

Cheers Robby, I seem to think that some lads I knew (when it was in the papers about him murdering), said he used to drink in the Hollybush at Rivelin,. I could be mistaken though pal
Unless I'm thinking of someone else I remember a couple of mates who went to Myers saying they knew who he was from school. I suppose it's possible he attended more than one school, may have moved house or been bullied or got expelled etc

Unless I'm thinking of someone else I remember a couple of mates who went to Myers saying they knew who he was from school. I suppose it's possible he attended more than one school, may have moved house or been bullied or got expelled etc

Danielle Lloyd the French partner of Ian Wood was initially married to a PE teacher who worked at Myers Grove.

Danielle Lloyd when murdered was pregnant at the time .

His defence for murdering his partner , her daughter and attempted murder of her son , was a agreed suicide pact , which the court jury didn't believe.

I believe Ian Wood is now released and lives around the Bakewell area.

Danielle Lloyd the French partner of Ian Wood was initially married to a PE teacher who worked at Myers Grove.

Danielle Lloyd when murdered was pregnant at the time .

His defence for murdering his partner , her daughter and attempted murder of her son , was a agreed suicide pact , which the court jury didn't believe.

I believe Ian Wood is now released and lives around the Bakewell area.
Shame his partner ,here daughter and unborn baby don't have the same privilege , hope the cunt tries another suicide pact with himself.

Shame his partner ,here daughter and unborn baby don't have the same privilege , hope the cunt tries another suicide pact with himself.

Sitters agree .

It's when you read and memories come back on this , IMO hanging would have been too good and quick for the bastard .

I am not one to advocate capital punishment but certain crimes , past or present makes you think. Fuck knows what the bloke does for a job or makes money , but hanging him would have saved us tax payers a lot of money .

The young lad who survived has now a family of his own , and God bless them.

UTB

Sitters agree .

It's when you read and memories come back on this , IMO hanging would have been too good and quick for the bastard .

I am not one to advocate capital punishment but certain crimes , past or present makes you think. Fuck knows what the bloke does for a job or makes money , but hanging him would have saved us tax payers a lot of money .

The young lad who survived has now a family of his own , and God bless them.

UTB
How do you find stuff like this out ?

How do you find stuff like this out ?

My wife was a very good friend of Danielle's and went to toddlers group with the daughters at the time in Loxley and Bradfield.

Didn't really know Wood very well , as we just didn't get on and had no common denominator .

Thank fuck he wasn't a Blade .

My wife was a very good friend of Danielle's and went to toddlers group with the daughters at the time in Loxley and Bradfield.

Didn't really know Wood very well , as we just didn't get on and had no common denominator .

Thank fuck he wasn't a Blade .
I lived at Loxley for a few years but had moved out when this happened ,however I was aware of Ughill Hall as we walked up there and round Bradfield. Bet your wife was beside herself :(

Back
Top Bottom