Dele Alli?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd forgotten yesterday that Everton have to pay £10m to Spurs if Dele plays another 7(?) appearances. So it's unlikely they'll be able to give him a fair chance, even if they wanted to (as they've financial issues already).

Balcdock, give him a call. Baldock, Baldock give him a call.

So it’s pretty much confirmed that Dele Alli will be out of contract this summer. I’m not saying I would sign him but resurrecting this to see what people’s thoughts are now we’re heading back to the Championship. Could Wilder get a tune out of him? Pay as you play sort of deal? We know that somewhere in there, deep deep down, that there is a good attacking midfielder. Would anybody be tempted to take a look at him in the Championship on sensible wages and/or a sensible deal structure?

Good luck to the lad but injuries and form over a long time suggest it's a big risk.

Always thought his game suffered when he got control of the nasty streak he had where he would occasionally step over the line.

Hes just starting as a pundit on sky so his mind may not be on getting a team lined up. What he had to put up with as a child is beyond comprehension you can only hope he fully gets over it. As for him as a player if we could get someone with his talents in our budget it would be a no brainer

So it’s pretty much confirmed that Dele Alli will be out of contract this summer. I’m not saying I would sign him but resurrecting this to see what people’s thoughts are now we’re heading back to the Championship

The exact opposite of what we should be doing

Absolute smacked arse of a footballer.hes got a rolls Royce but ain't one. Stole a living

It has the finger prints of a Wilder signing.

But will he play like Ravel Morison or like Ross Barkley. That’s the issue.

So it’s pretty much confirmed that Dele Alli will be out of contract this summer. I’m not saying I would sign him but resurrecting this to see what people’s thoughts are now we’re heading back to the Championship. Could Wilder get a tune out of him? Pay as you play sort of deal? We know that somewhere in there, deep deep down, that there is a good attacking midfielder. Would anybody be tempted to take a look at him in the Championship on sensible wages and/or a sensible deal structure?
I'd be extremely tempted. People seem to forget he was one of England's very best players for a couple of seasons. That was awhile back, but he's at a good age theoretically.

We know now he's been impacted by a difficult childhood, but it's the most recent injury that would make this a risky signing.

If Luton stay up I bet they try and do a Barkley with him. I'll be wishing Alli all the best.

I'd be extremely tempted. People seem to forget he was one of England's very best players for a couple of seasons. That was awhile back, but he's at a good age theoretically.

We know now he's been impacted by a difficult childhood, but it's the most recent injury that would make this a risky signing.

If Luton stay up I bet they try and do a Barkley with him. I'll be wishing Alli all the best.
Due to his time out I would suspect a period of genius followed by a few regular injuries is most likely, but if you could get a second season out of him then I would see significant benefit from him, rather like Davies.
However, whoever takes the risk is also most likely to suffer from the Eriksen situation where you get them back on their feet and then they leave for a better offer once fit. Luton will see this next season, certainly with Barkley.

There’s just no need to be embroiled in something like this.

There isn’t one salvage project that has worked.

Just make sensible signings that had a good track record and can add to the lot. We don’t need baggage and distractions.

The like of McNair, Dunne, Keiffer Moore, Charlie Taylor etc who do what it says on the tin.

None of this 1% he might be a star of the division, 99% he’ll be more trouble than he’s worth.

Just make , solid, sensible signings please.

Things go pear shaped when people try to be too fucking clever.

I’d rather shit on my hands and clap than sign him

Poor poor poor me on £200k a week and chucked it down the drain to do balloons

There’s just no need to be embroiled in something like this.

There isn’t one salvage project that has worked.

Just make sensible signings that had a good track record and can add to the lot. We don’t need baggage and distractions.

The like of McNair, Dunne, Keiffer Moore, Charlie Taylor etc who do what it says on the tin.

None of this 1% he might be a star of the division, 99% he’ll be more trouble than he’s worth.

Just make , solid, sensible signings please.

Things go pear shaped when people try to be too fucking clever.
Despite my temptation, you're almost certainly correct here.

Back
Top Bottom