Defence What Defence & A Cheer-Up Graph

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ucandomagic

Reaction score
As the Americans say - "Offense wins matches - Defense wins titles".

But Defence - What Defence?

Photo 1:
What is Osborn doing? The rest of the line has moved out perfectly and Ossie has committed the amateur offence of getting involved with his man and forgetting his professional discipline. All he had to do was step out.

Photo 2:
No comment really needed. Yates' volley was beautiful, but somewhere George, Bash and Egan got their responsibilities completely wrong. Yates had time to stop the ball, have a couple of scotches and still score.

Photo 3:
Before the 3rd goal - we still haven't realised that Yates (9) is on the other side and needs to be marked but...

Photo 4:
...why pass to an unmarked Yates when Egan will play a perfect through ball for Dougall!

Hopefully Anel, Egan and JLT will start next time and have a few days hard training sessions on defensive discipline. Actually, I don't think Blackpool score their first 2 goals if Anel is on the pitch.

Finally, just Graph 1 this week to show that we are still 3 points clear of my playoffs certain benchmark - although we have slipped 5 points below my Autos Certain benchmark results.

UTB & Slava Ukraini

Photo1:
IMG_2260.JPG

Photo 2:
IMG_2261.JPG

Photo 3:
IMG_2264.JPG

Photo 4:
IMG_2263.JPG

Graph 1:
Matchday 14.jpg

As the Americans say - "Offense wins matches - Defense wins titles".

But Defence - What Defence?

Photo 1:
What is Osborn doing? The rest of the line has moved out perfectly and Ossie has committed the amateur offence of getting involved with his man and forgetting his professional discipline. All he had to do was step out.

Photo 2:
No comment really needed. Yates' volley was beautiful, but somewhere George, Bash and Egan got their responsibilities completely wrong. Yates had time to stop the ball, have a couple of scotches and still score.

Photo 3:
Before the 3rd goal - we still haven't realised that Yates (9) is on the other side and needs to be marked but...

Photo 4:
...why pass to an unmarked Yates when Egan will play a perfect through ball for Dougall!

Hopefully Anel, Egan and JLT will start next time and have a few days hard training sessions on defensive discipline. Actually, I don't think Blackpool score their first 2 goals if Anel is on the pitch.

Finally, just Graph 1 this week to show that we are still 3 points clear of my playoffs certain benchmark - although we have slipped 5 points below my Autos Certain benchmark results.

UTB & Slava Ukraini

Photo1:
View attachment 145774

Photo 2:
View attachment 145777

Photo 3:
View attachment 145778

Photo 4:
View attachment 145779

Graph 1:
View attachment 145780
On the first goal Osborn tries to push up twice but gets dragged back like a rag doll by Yates

So when they complain about mcburnies foul on the keeper for our equaliser live by the sword ...

Photo 1:

Photo1:View attachment 145774

I'd like to see another angle but Yates looks offside to me.

3 was when Egan had decided he's a striker and decided not to defend and with RND bombing forward there was absolutely no cover at the back. He tends to do this for a few weeks after he's scored a goal. He had that left footed shot when he should have been nowhere near their area. While RND gave the foul away before the first and got done for the second, as a unit of 3 and then 5 they were dire. All over the shop. They had little help from 2 of the 3 midfielders, but still.

Not when the cross comes in I.don't think

IMG_20221016_113626.jpg

ucandomagic 's original picture was very close but not quite on the point of contactso I've rolled the footage on by a frame and, in my opinion, it looks slightly more offside than it did originally. That suggests Yates was on the way towards goal and Osborn on the way out. We know that's true by how far clear Yates was by the time he headed it.

We'd still need to see a picture along the line to be sure, but from this angle Yates' left leg and left half of his body looks to be behind Osborn.

View attachment 145781

ucandomagic 's original picture was very close but not quite on the point of contactso I've rolled the footage on by a frame and, in my opinion, it looks slightly more offside than it did originally. That suggests Yates was on the way towards goal and Osborn on the way out. We know that's true by how far clear Yates was by the time he headed it.

We'd still need to see a picture along the line to be sure, but from this angle Yates' left leg and left half of his body looks to be behind Osborn.
Maybe so then he would have been clearly off but if you watch Osborn tries to.step up twice and Yates drags him back

I mean the second one is quite obvious - RND gets done by Lavery so Egan goes over, Bash goes to Egan's man and Baldock is presumably high for the goal kick which we never really looked well set up for all game. The lack of a target up top meant we struggled to get the ball to stick.

Why we didn't just hit them wide and keep a relatively structured shape from them is another matter but assume all the players were under specific instruction to set up that way.

First goal is offside. Just. But offside.

Back
Top Bottom