David McGoldrick for captain next season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Billy Sharp is captain , I dont think he's going anywhere.
He will score goals in the championship

Agreed that IF he plays he will score goals - but a full season of 46 games at his age is not impossible but a tough act.

We also have the unknown of the new manager.

We all love Billy to bits, but captain on the pitch? Perhaps club captain which is what some clubs do.

It really has to be someone who is going to be first name on the team sheet and if Egan stays I believe he has earnt the right.

There should be no sympathy when we are trying to bounce straight back and I reckon even Billy would see that.

UTB

I see the annual write off of Billy Sharp has started already!

Billy to the Championship in terms of Strikers is what Warnock is to Managers.

As long as he's not injured he has to be under consideration.

The Championship is a slog and you dismiss experienced players like Sharp and McGoldrick at your peril.

We should look to eek every last drop out of those two. For all the money we've spunked in that general direction on McBurnie, Brewster, Mousset and Burke; 55m? They are still the most likely guys to get you a goal.
Agree 100% Champagneblade
If we keep a back 3, the answer is Bash.
Egan is the best bet for on pitch captain centrebacks do seem to make good captains as they are central .
Sharp has to keep the club captaincy as he had done a great job over the period.
He will get limited game time as will Mcgoldrick to keep them fresh,both important players in a push to get straight back in my opinion of course.
I will be very surprised if the new manager ignores the experience and nous they bring to the squad.

Back
Top Bottom