David Barrington

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Right let's inject a bit of Christmas into this thread and take the thread away from thieves and their clients (!)

HOBOTT, if I'm right, stands for House of Barrington Official Teamster Top.

The rather grandly named 'House' was in fact where Pizza Hut now is, next to the old Abbeydale cinema. I don't recall a second branch anywhere else, but do remember going up some rickety stairs to look at the 'Ajax' style United kit one Christmas and being served by some old crone with super thick lenses glasses like her from 'On the Buses'.

It may actually have also been the first year I doubted that Father Christmas existed. My childhood beliefs being brought into dark question by my mum who insisted that I need to go and try on the shorts in order that Santa knew whether I was large boys or small mens size.

Mind you, if Santa did collect my shorts, I wonder whether he too is owed money by Barrington?

Santa, now there's someone you don't want to mess with.....

Actually I forgot ,I don't know if this was Woolhouse but I know he was blamed. I sponsored Brian Gayles kit one season through my business ,and paid up front for the pleasure. 3 months later I got another invoice from Sheff Utd ,then another and a follow up threatening court, I kept calling and saying it had been paid ,but eventually a bailiff came to my office. I managed to get proof from the bank that the invoice had been paid and they went away. Someone in the club told me Woolhouse had it away with loads of money from the club which probably included my payment but I never received any explanation or apology from the club. The closest Ive ever been to walking away from Utd.

Actually I forgot ,I don't know if this was Woolhouse but I know he was blamed. I sponsored Brian Gayles kit one season through my business ,and paid up front for the pleasure. 3 months later I got another invoice from Sheff Utd ,then another and a follow up threatening court, I kept calling and saying it had been paid ,but eventually a bailiff came to my office. I managed to get proof from the bank that the invoice had been paid and they went away. Someone in the club told me Woolhouse had it away with loads of money from the club which probably included my payment but I never received any explanation or apology from the club. The closest Ive ever been to walking away from Utd.
I seem to remember that some of the cash received for the 1993 semi final tickets "went missing" from the club's safe, think paper reports suggested that Woolhouse was involved although he attended the match at Wembley. In 1993, my dad spoke to Woolhouse and his wife (I think they were separated but were still in good terms) at one or two pubs in Barlow quite a few times, my dad also spoke to Michael Wragg too

Father in law was stung badly by Mr H to the tune of many thousands of pounds. He was employed directly by Mr H and when it all went teets up he didn't get what he was paid. In his prime apparently he was a very friendly man to those who worked for him and looked after them well however when the shit well and truely hit the fan he had many of people running around for him on empty promises and doing his dirty work for him however the monies owed didn't come to fruition.

Back
Top Bottom