Danny v Radio Pig

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

beightonblade

On yer bike !
Reaction score
Good on yer Danny.......they shud have been fooked off long ago.

no interview due to RS coverage of the ched trial and how they broke the virdict according to RS straight after the game saturday.

MunXy

Apparently its not just how they reported the incident but I heard they called up all of Uniteds sponsors and asked them if they were going to stop sponsoring us because of it. Also they were trying to demand a statement of us and were making a big issue out of 'the wall of silence' coming out of BL. What did they expect us to say, he's appealing FFS

What else would you expect from the BBC? State sponsored bullshit, the thing that really pisses me off is you can't opt out of paying for it (unless I go all Keith Moon and chuck the telly out of the window).

What else would you expect from the BBC? State sponsored bullshit, the thing that really pisses me off is you can't opt out of paying for it

Really? That does surprise me... ;)

Don't believe the bullshit about them being able to detect if your aerial is receiving signals either.

I can think of a lot of reasons to be pissed off with RS over the years including its pig fan love-ins and unquestioning acceptance of their delusions of grandeur but we may picked a very dangerous issue for the straw that broke the camels back.

I don't know enough of the facts about what has happened but I hope as a club we don't end up in a Dalglish/Suarez scenario.

As for RS they probably think they don't need us any more given the pigs' 400,000 fans in Sheffield will now be mobilised and regular listeners.

no interview due to RS coverage of the ched trial and how they broke the virdict according to RS straight after the game saturday.

MunXy

So they never mentioned the verdict on Friday or Sat morning?

about time to lets start our own radio station simply called blades radio and fook them off for good.

So they never mentioned the verdict on Friday or Sat morning?
As I said, its more to do with them calling the sponsors and telling them that they shouldn't be sponsoring us any more

What exactly was said?

Ditto!

I certainly hope we've done what Barnsley did the other year and told Radio Pig to fuck off. If they have, expect smarmy twats like Staton and Bennett to claim that they'll still have 5 million listeners. With this and what that fat, untalented cunt Foster Tweeted on another thread, they need a reality check.

Miss Radio Sheffield? No. Like the Green 'Un, it's had its day.

As I said, its more to do with them calling the sponsors and telling them that they shouldn't be sponsoring us any more

That just smacks of a pig stirring trouble maker as opposed to cutting edge journo doesn't it?

i reckon that has come down from board level then.. if that is true it is absolutely outrageous.. why don't we just ban them like Barnsley did??

As if they did that! Bloody hell, they are worse than I thought. Rob Staton said on Twitter yesterday that Wednesday are definitely up as Wycombe are 'abysmal'. What excellent, unbiased journalism there, Rob.

the thing that really pisses me off is you can't opt out of paying for it.

Hey guess what? Despite what the TV licencing nazis would have you believe no one is actually obliged to have a TV licence!

i reckon that has come down from board level then.. if that is true it is absolutely outrageous.. why don't we just ban them like Barnsley did??

It has come down from board level, I was told about it at half time, someone very high at the club is very very pissed off with RS because of this

Yes, but will the club have the bollocks to ban these cretinous scumbags from BL, impose a complete blackout to all BBC journos, and ban Walker, Giddings, Staton and Bennett for life from BL? Because that is what the situation calls for.

I can think of a lot of reasons to be pissed off with RS over the years including its pig fan love-ins and unquestioning acceptance of their delusions of grandeur but we may picked a very dangerous issue for the straw that broke the camels back.

I don't know enough of the facts about what has happened but I hope as a club we don't end up in a Dalglish/Suarez scenario.

As for RS they probably think they don't need us any more given the pigs' 400,000 fans in Sheffield will now be mobilised and regular listeners.
only 400.00 think its more than that tuns,dont forget their fookin maaaaaassssssiiiiivvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i,ve started listening to 606 and call collymore now,at least when people ring in the presenters will listen to their gripes and argue back with the callers if needs be,its loads more entertaining than just listening to the same boring bastards night after night. RS would be better suited in a communist country were you,re not to supposed rock the boat

A BBC journalist would not have told the sponsor that they shouldn't be sponsoring us but it would be relatively normal practice for a journo to ring the main sponsors to ask if they had withdrawn sponsorship given the context.

It's perhaps a bit mishevious or misjudged on the part of the news editor/journo given it's very unlikely a sponsor would withdraw from United on ths issue but it's right a journo has the freedom to make the call and ask the question and not be in fear that United could ban them because of it.

If this really is the issue then United need to learn to pick the right fights.

The most cynical part of it all is that Radio Sheffield will know the club is in a position where they can't comment whilst the appeal is still going through. Basically, RS were suggesting that by not commenting on Ched they were endorsing him. Sickening.

I heard the coverage on Toby Foster and the way they handled it was disgusting. I can't believe we have to pay the licence fee for that type of garbage. Danny does right good on him!

The Star have lost about £1000 worth of advertising per annum from me ,radio pig has lost a listener and all credibility. I tweeted the breakfast show politely in response to fosters outburst against me ,no response so in the words of a second rate comedian ,'do feel free to fuck off'

Back
Top Bottom