Daniel Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nothing has changed. He's still a very promising talent just setting out. The hyperbole after Saturday, when according to some he was going to tear it up in the PL (he might in the future, but not next season) was over the top, as is the "he's only 2nd division level get rid" after last night. Him and Osula have bags of potential (as do a few other youngsters we have) and we have the right management team to nurture that. How they are used next season will be interesting, and influenced by how we recruit, they may figure or be out on loan until January.
Would he be better off working with Jack Lester and getting limited playing time in the Prem, or loaned to a championship or league 1 side where he may not get the right level of coaching?

Nothing has changed. He's still a very promising talent just setting out. The hyperbole after Saturday, when according to some he was going to tear it up in the PL (he might in the future, but not next season) was over the top, as is the "he's only 2nd division level get rid" after last night. Him and Osula have bags of potential (as do a few other youngsters we have) and we have the right management team to nurture that. How they are used next season will be interesting, and influenced by how we recruit, they may figure or be out on loan until January.
Interesting that you mention Osula because although he hasn’t played much for us, I thought his cameo at Stoke showed loads of promise, more physical than Jebbo. A combination of the two of them might make a very good player, although I realise that isn’t very practical 🙂

Would he be better off working with Jack Lester and getting limited playing time in the Prem, or loaned to a championship or league 1 side where he may not get the right level of coaching?

The decision is plenty of minutes at a lower level or further development here with the odd cameo and cup games. Personally, I think he's at the point where doing the job completes the learning better than being taught the job.

He’s 19 years old showing glimpses of raw but real talent. He bags for fun in U23s where he feels confident. He’ll get used to it, if we had stayed down I’d guess he’d have lead our line.
Agree with all that though I would say our under 23s level
"Bambi on ice' was a more polite description.
We were a 3rd division side with no money and a complete Harry rebuild different expectations ( or lack of) on Deane at that level. Jebbison is a International and apparently was on Everton's radar valued at 5 million expectations of delivering with Jebbo much higher.

Let him pass on all he knows? Well, that should take the full morning, and then in the afternoon Jebbz can sit down with Jack and listen to him describe the 1 and only goal he scored at championship level v. QPR. :rolleyes:

We'd be a lot better off getting Brian Deane in as forward coach/player mentor.

He has barely done anything at championship level. We have to loan him out. We cant be expecting him to do owt next season, we cant gamble on hoping he might occasionally have a half decent game. The minimum we should have coming off the bench is mcburnie. If we take sharp and jebbo into the epl we have no ambitions or firepower . -If your struggling at this level, wtf are doing in the prem.
That's fine when you are talking about one player on an individual basis.

But so far we have Osula, Jebbison, Brewster should all be loaned out and Mcburnie and Sharp released.

Fleck, Norwood, Osborn should be let go. Bash should also be added to thwt list even though he's in contract.

That leaves
G - Wes, Davies
RWB - Baldock, Bogle
LWB - RND, Lowe
RCB - Anel
CB - Egan
LCB - Robinson
CM - Berge, Coulibaly
CF - Ndiaye

Remember we might have about 25m to spend and by the looks of what is left, we need 12 players with that.

Think we need to be far more pragmatic. We will probably offload the old guard next season.

That's fine when you are talking about one player on an individual basis.

But so far we have Osula, Jebbison, Brewster should all be loaned out and Mcburnie and Sharp released.

Fleck, Norwood, Osborn should be let go. Bash should also be added to thwt list even though he's in contract.

That leaves
G - Wes, Davies
RWB - Baldock, Bogle
LWB - RND, Lowe
RCB - Anel
CB - Egan
LCB - Robinson
CM - Berge, Coulibaly
CF - Ndiaye

Remember we might have about 25m to spend and by the looks of what is left, we need 12 players with that.

Think we need to be far more pragmatic. We will probably offload the old guard next season.
cant disagree with any of that post cb jebbo is promising but very raw however i think we have to keep him here as 5th choice striker i agree with you about mcburnie and brewster nowhere near premier level either of em so we have to bring at least 2 possibly 3 new strikers in also think giving the 12 players out of contract new deals only means we can then demand some sort of fee for them basham stevens osborn norwood fleck and sharpy all been fantastic servants for the club but their not good enough either for the premier league in my opinion we have to bring a minimum of 8/9 new players in this summer to have any chance of surviving in the premier league

Why wasn't Jebbison loaned out this season? I think that was a huge mistake keeping him here and then giving him barely any game time.

Imagine the player he could be right now if he'd had a decent amount of minutes either here or elsewhere.

Why wasn't Jebbison loaned out this season?

It needs two clubs to complete a loan move. Presumably we could find no appropriate club to loan him to. That, or we thought we needed the players in the event that McBurnie would continue to be ineffective. Which he wasn't, then Brewster got injured.

It needs two clubs to complete a loan move. Presumably we could find no appropriate club to loan him to. That, or we thought we needed the players in the event that McBurnie would continue to be ineffective. Which he wasn't, then Brewster got injured.
McBurnie was only effective until the Word Cup. After that he went long spells without scoring. Also Sharp was 3rd choice despite being clearly past it.

We've stunted Jebbison's development for the sake of 2 players that clearly can't make the step up. It's frustrating but simply key we don't mess the lads development up any further. Let's see how the Summer goes and if we sign some proven quality up front then get Jebbo out on loan, but if we fail to sign quality then he'll have to stay and hopefully hit the ground running.

McBurnie was only effective until the Word Cup. After that he went long spells without scoring. Also Sharp was 3rd choice despite being clearly past it.

We've stunted Jebbison's development for the sake of 2 players that clearly can't make the step up. It's frustrating but simply key we don't mess the lads development up any further. Let's see how the Summer goes and if we sign some proven quality up front then get Jebbo out on loan, but if we fail to sign quality then he'll have to stay and hopefully hit the ground running.
If we get the signing you refer to why cannot Jebbison play alongside him with Ndiaye behind ?
That would still leave 8 to defend !!

If we go with Jebbison, Sharp, McBurnie and Brewster it will be the most lacklustre set of forwards ever to grace a Premier League squad. I don’t think they’d get ten between them all season.

Everyone of them, for different reasons is miles off what we’ll need. It is without doubt the weakest, most ineffectual part of the current squad.

Jebbison needs to go out on loan to League one, score some goals, work on his positioning, sharpen up his anticipation, hone his finishing and increase his confidence in front of goal. In a couple of years he could be a decent striker, but I suspect Osula may get there ahead of him

have to agree with you there im afraid hope im wrong but i just cant see brewster doing owt here jebbo is one for the future but only from the bench next season 2 new strikers needed minimum
Never thought I’d see the day we’d pay a striker 27 grand a week to do fuck all for 4 years! He’s absolutely nowhere near good enough for us.
As for Jebbison, if he hadn’t of scored at Goodison Park 2 years ago, he’d be nowhere near our squad.

Why wasn't Jebbison loaned out this season? I think that was a huge mistake keeping him here and then giving him barely any game time.

Imagine the player he could be right now if he'd had a decent amount of minutes either here or elsewhere.
I have to agree with this, has loads of potential but its slowing his progress sitting on the bench for a season. Playing regular football is the best way for him (any youngster) to learn.

If we go with Jebbison, Sharp, McBurnie and Brewster it will be the most lacklustre set of forwards ever to grace a Premier League squad. I don’t think they’d get ten between them all season.

Everyone of them, for different reasons is miles off what we’ll need. It is without doubt the weakest, most ineffectual part of the current squad.

Jebbison needs to go out on loan to League one, score some goals, work on his positioning, sharpen up his anticipation, hone his finishing and increase his confidence in front of goal. In a couple of years he could be a decent striker, but I suspect Osula may get there ahead of him
I don’t want to agree with this but it’s true. None of those strikers possess premiership quality. Whats worrying is that our midfiled is in just as much need of an overhaul. Looking at a lot of money to make this team competitive next season.

I would be looking to bring in 2 new strikers and ideally 3 in midfield with our current crop (apart from berge, and maybe Norwood) being relegated to bench

Ideally jebbo would find a championship loan but there is a real danger he would be sitting on the bench again at this level and waste more development time.

Let him pass on all he knows? Well, that should take the full morning, and then in the afternoon Jebbz can sit down with Jack and listen to him describe the 1 and only goal he scored at championship level v. QPR. :rolleyes:

Just had a quick look on soccerbase as I was sure you were wrong, and I’m right, you are wrong. Jack scored 30+ goals at Championship level (and won countless penalties). All his goals for us, and most for Forest, were in the second tier.

I don’t want to agree with this but it’s true. None of those strikers possess premiership quality. Whats worrying is that our midfiled is in just as much need of an overhaul. Looking at a lot of money to make this team competitive next season.

I would be looking to bring in 2 new strikers and ideally 3 in midfield with our current crop (apart from berge, and maybe Norwood) being relegated to bench

Ideally jebbo would find a championship loan but there is a real danger he would be sitting on the bench again at this level and waste more development time.
When we went into the premiership last time we never addressed the striker situation, relying on what we'd got, 3 years later and we still haven't done anything about it, as of yet. Same with the midfield, they weren't good enough back then in our second premiership season, and yet,guess what, here we are talking of Fleck, Norwood being retained, they've been excellent in the past, but we need to injet pace and have players who run at defenders, as we've seen in McAtee and Doyle, get players on loan if we can't afford to buy, steady the ship financially and (hopefully ) survive and build in our second season.

Just had a quick look on soccerbase as I was sure you were wrong, and I’m right, you are wrong. Jack scored 30+ goals at Championship level (and won countless penalties). All his goals for us, and most for Forest, were in the second tier.

Sorry just to confirm, how many goals did Jack score in the ‘Championship’?

Nothing against jack Lester but how has he been promoted to super coach when he can't get Burnie and jebbo to score

Sorry just to confirm, how many goals did Jack score in the ‘Championship’?
At Championship level (your words, not mine), he scored 33 goals. Unlike the premier league, the Championship was purely a rebranding exercise. It’s like arguing over whether goals in the premiership count as premier league goals.

At Championship level (your words, not mine), he scored 33 goals. Unlike the premier league, the Championship was purely a rebranding exercise. It’s like arguing over whether goals in the premiership count as premier league goals.

So, despite all the flowery prose, what you’re basically saying is that he scored 1 goal in the championship for Forest v. QPR?

Back
Top Bottom