Compared with last season...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1993-94 - P5 W2 D1 L2 F8 A10 Pts.7
2019-20 - P5 W1 D2 L2 F5 A6 Pts.5
1992-93 - P5 W1 D1 L3 F7 A10 Pts.4
2006-07 - P5 W0 D2 L3 F3 A6 Pts.2

View attachment 61332

The new, improved (?) version. After the Chelsea game, we were 'on course' for a very comfortable 48 points. One game later, we're in 'squeaky bum 38 points' territory. All early days and nothing too much to worry about. Get something at Everton (no more difficult a game than away at FLCFC) and Liverpool will be shitting themselves...
Looking at the near future 'Winnable' games (Watford, West Ham, Burnley) are now looking more like 'Must wins' for us to be on track.

I definitely still think we can get something out of Arsenal, Tottenham and Man U, but psychologically for the team, it'd be better for them to be 'free hits' in-between our more winnable games.

Then realistically the lead up to Xmas Wolves - Watford is vital. This is where we will earn our first big chunk of points... we MUST hit form in those games to do well before JTW.... We will require the footie gods shining upon us with injuries... plus some excellent tactics from Chris (as always) and good grind from the lads (of which I have no doubt)... I think we can do it, none of those teams scare me in that run.

This is a really solid start to the season. By this point teams can already have a huge mountain to climb to stay in the division.

I think the thing that will keep us in the league is the fact that this team just doesn't lose 4-5 games in a row. I just can't see it happening. We'll keep picking up points even if it's just grinding out draws.

There are other teams in this league that are so much more likely to lose 4-5 games in a row: Newcastle, Norwich off the top of my head. Even teams like Bournemouth and Palace are more likely than us to have a points drought, in my opinion.

My biggest fear is simply injuries to key players: Henderson; Egan; Stevens; Norwood.

This is a really solid start to the season. By this point teams can already have a huge mountain to climb to stay in the division.

I think the thing that will keep us in the league is the fact that this team just doesn't lose 4-5 games in a row. I just can't see it happening. We'll keep picking up points even if it's just grinding out draws.

There are other teams in this league that are so much more likely to lose 4-5 games in a row: Newcastle, Norwich off the top of my head. Even teams like Bournemouth and Palace are more likely than us to have a points drought, in my opinion.

My biggest fear is simply injuries to key players: Henderson; Egan; Stevens; Norwood.

Lundstram

As many enjoyed the various graphs last year, and now the season is taking shape, I've knocked this together. Not including today (Orient), at Match 10 we've got 18 points compared to 20 last season. Mind, after Match 12 last season we'd only got 21 points, so a chance to catch up...

Hope it reads OK...

View attachment 5316
I think we should build some regression model for clear calculation :)

I think we should build some regression model for clear calculation :)
grafikhaus said:

As many enjoyed the various graphs last year, and now the season is taking shape, I've knocked this together. Not including today (Orient), at Match 10 we've got 18 points compared to 20 last season. Mind, after Match 12 last season we'd only got 21 points, so a chance to catch up...

Hope it reads OK...

View attachment 5316

We could be pushing 50+ points?

Eight more points than in 2006-07 and the late equaliser means we keep up our near-5 year record (The last league game where we were winning at half-time and lost the game was on 1st Jan. 2014 v Walsall away (264* league games ago). 1-0 up at HT (Chris Porter, 17), Walsall scored in 52 mins and 62 mins. to win 2-1.)

God, I love this club!

1574621037160.png

A great point! Nine more points than in 2006-07 (although we got 10 points out of 12 after this stage back then).

I'm especially pleased that we preserved our remarkable record - we've now played 266 league games since the last time we were winning at half-time and lost the game - 1st Jan. 2014 v Walsall away. 1-0 up at HT (Chris Porter, 17), Walsall scored in 52 mins and 62 mins. to win 2-1.

1575216584801.png

Bit worrying now. Despite our good unbeaten run, there's too many draws and - by the time we play Brighton - we could be behind our 2006-07 tally. Norwich & Villa are huge games...

1575614666814.png

Needed that! United have now equalled Blackburn Rovers in the 1992-93 season in being unbeaten in their first eight away games on their return to the Premier League. Rovers were the richest club in England at the time, boasting the country's most expensive player (Alan Shearer at over £3m). Kenny Dalglish's Rovers would finish that season in fourth place before being champions of the PL two seasons later.

1575820880254.png

United have now been unbeaten in their first nine away games on their return to the Premier League. This is the first time in 72 years that this record was set in the top-flight by Burnley in the 1947-48 season. That's eighteen away games since our last away defeat - January 19th 2019 at Swansea (0-1).

We're now on course fror 59 points which would have achieved seventh place in last seasons PL:

1576949018549.png

Make no mistake, three of our recent games have been significant. Norwich away (keeps them down there), Watford at home (don't underestimate a point against the resurgent Hornets) and last night. Games like Liverpool and Man. City, we don't expect much. A home loss against upcoming Bournemouth would be 'disappointing', but to win against West Ham is our 'bread and butter', means a late-season collapse is less likely and reinforces our great season.

Well done, Blades.

1578717784279.png

Back
Top Bottom