Can't win em all...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't think we should over react on the basis of one bad result and I don't think it is yesterday that is the main concern. These things happen (remember Colchester away in the old 4th division). What does worry me is the performances. Looking at the 4 league wins if these had ended in 3 draws and a defeat arguably this would not have been an unfair reflection on the games. On the other side we probably deserved a point against Bristol and Coventry (on the basis that Coventry were just as crap as us).This would have left us on 6 points, joint 2nd bottom. This reminds me of Wilsons second season where results were better than performances. Eventually the results started to match the performance and I fear the same this season. We have not controlled or dominated any game for significant periods. We do not yet know what our best starting 11 is. Our forward line changes every game (so far Higdon , Mcnulty , Murphy, Baxter). The "game changing investment" has gone the same way as "the Blades way". I still think we have the basis of a promotion chasing squad and a good manager but we need a couple of quality loan signings who can make a real difference (centre half and forward). Otherwise it is another season in this division and the board can't be expecting 18,000 to continue to turn up every week if that is the case.

Back
Top Bottom