Can we sell out Def Leppard/Motley Crue?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you compare every band you see to Queen at Wembley in 86, then you're going to gave a lot of dissapointing nights
Went to that one. INXS were on first and were booed off. Status Quo were good, but Queen! Roasting hot day in that there London. Bottles of piss flying round. Took our youngest. Almost the best day of our lives. Leicester away just about beats it. Don't tell the missus.😉

So who else had this Half man half biscuit lyric going through their head last night?

Oh help me Mrs Medlicott
I don’t know what to do
I’ve only got three bullets
And there’s four of Motley Crue

I most certainly did.

Vince, Tommy and Nikki for my money. Mickars gets spared.

We are in the ideal location to hold many more events like this, close to the train and coach station etc.

I know very little about the music industry but I presume the cost to set up and dismantle the stage is a big chunk of what's made from the gigs. Surely it would have made sense to try and get another one or two acts on before taking it all down again?
Without a doubt. City centre on the doorstep, with plenty of bars, places to eat and hotels within a 15 minutes walk, max.

Not sure how it works with the stage. But I'd suspect the band take it with them.

Well me & my daughter really enjoyed it & seemed a decent sized crowd. Motley Crue were much better than I expected & Def Leppard were excellent.
My ears were still ringing by the time we got back to Stockport!

Without a doubt. City centre on the doorstep, with plenty of bars, places to eat and hotels within a 15 minutes walk, max.

Not sure how it works with the stage. But I'd suspect the band take it with them.

That’s it, the band takes the stage on their tour, it’s not a case of having one stage being suitable for all bands.

For example, I can’t see Taylor Swift using the Rammstein stage 🤣

1684834500678.jpeg

That’s it, the band takes the stage on their tour, it’s not a case of having one stage being suitable for all bands.

For example, I can’t see Taylor Swift using the Rammstein stage 🤣

View attachment 161171
Depends. Some venues will put up a basic stage and have a number of acts use it. Not normally football grounds but a lot of cities now have a number of different acts play the same stage and not in a festival way. Eden project has done it a lot for example.

The Leadmill team had the chance to buy the lease but tried to do it on the cheap. Their poor decision. The team who owns it now is behind Electric Brixton so they're hardly "shite". The venue may change name and have a spruce up but it'll remain a music venue.

Back to Mötley Crüe...

Even worse than that. I was informed that they were offered it on the comparative cheap and still said no

Pissmoor on twitter says it was less than 15,000.
I’m pleased that the dirty scrubber has proffered his ill informed opinion on the matter. He knows the square root of fuck all about most things, especially this.

In the good old days he’d be banged up in a penal colony, digging holes & filling them in, not spouting nonsense on social media for people to believe.

The man is nothing more than a tax burden with a puffed up sense of self worth that’s been enabled by Radio Sheffield. Their useful idiot.

It wasn’t 15k and it certainly wasn’t a sell out. The gate was a figure slightly north of 25k, which was more than acceptable to all parties in the circumstances.

Also half the crowd were kids from local primary schools I’ve heard, or foreign students getting free tickets.

Reverend & the Makers and ZZ Top would have sold Hillsborough twice over
Funny though isn't it? Local boy made good Joe Elliott sells out Bramall Lane for a homecoming gig with his band. My pig mate who went tells me how good the acoustics are at the lane, generally positive reviews all round.

Why then, are noted truffle-hunters and all-round bellends the Arctic Monkeys playing in Hillsborough Park? Surely they should be selling out all 300,000 seats at the theatre of rust/the old slag?

Could it be that one team has a modern, well-built stadium with all the necessary facilities to host a huge event, and the other team has a rusting deathtrap that isn't fit to host the AGM of the hillsborough branch of the WI? Surely not.

The bands are just too greedy and make millions from these big venue concerts

Only way they can make money these days, people just download music from illegal websites or just stream from spotty fy who pay the artists 2p for each play.

Aye, ours too. Made me wonder what it was like on Shoreham Street!

I could 'feel' it in my workshop at Portland Works. Which is where the band used to have a rehearsal room when they first formed.
Loads of metal tourists at the works on Monday from Canada Norway and the USA all wanting to see the 'birthplace' of the band.
Also the birthplace of making cutlery using stainless steel.

IMG-0820-Unveiling-group.jpg

My hand on the left attached to the red sleeve..

Harry Brearley was a Blade, in more than one way :)

Bruce Springsteen great concert at Bramall Lane a few years ago.

They heard that one in Rotherham.

I saw his guitarist Nils Lofgren play at the Lyceum, after it was opened by the guys from the Limit.

The Lyceum is a great small venue for music when the seats are taken out.
The acoustics at the Leadmill are abysmal.

Back
Top Bottom