Can we please stop....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can everyone stop moaning about the manager, the players when it’s not going to help the situation. Just creates a bad atmosphere all round. We will be fine, I don’t think our performances have been too bad apart from the Arsenal Newcastle and West Ham game, it’s just down to mistakes. They need our support and we aren’t giving it apart from the fans who stayed at the end of the Arsenal game cheering the players on.

The talk of we simply aren't good enough to compete?

Whilst we might not or probably don't have the quality to potentially stay up we are good enough to compete better than this even with the injuries.
Lower league teams can give Prem sides a game and be more threatening than we can be at times.
This is not a bash at everyone but more so this mindset from our fans that we are utterly hopeless and lets just fastrack to relegation.
We are capable of picking up results, how many who knows but there is definitely reasonable room for improvement.

Some games such as the weekend's heavy defeat to Arsenal are not one's to judge unless of course you come away with a surprising result but we did let it become a heavy defeat and without offering anything at all going forward. But ultimately away at Arsenal we are right to expect a defeat.
But the games against Everton, Fulham and even West Ham are games we should have offered more in. I'm excluding Palace and Forest because we were woefully short still in incomings.
Despite picking up the point against Everton and nearly nicking it we didn't control enough of the game and that is what's killing us, that and we then compound it with basic defensive errors and poor attacking play. All of which we should see improvement on.

When you think back to how we played first season back up under Wilder it wasn't just about using our overlapping centrebacks. We would keep possession better and for longer and build up the play that bit more gradually pinning the oppositions back to then create overloads. Lundstram covered alot of ground getting forwards and back too in midfield.

We also did do alot of just clearing our lines and knocking the ball back into the oppositions half but also we would see a midfielder or striker drop into space so a defender has another option other than kick it out or long.

When we weren't in possession we were comfortable at keeping teams at arms length and letting them have possession to a point because the defenders knew they could deal with most crosses in and we had the numbers back to crowd out attackers. Obviously it wasn't fullproof we didn't win every game but we were more resolute in defence and more patient but also threatening in attack.

We can still do this with the squad we have now, it may or probably still not be enough to get us enough points but performances wise we should be expecting better even with our predicament with how our squad was shaped with transfers and injuries.

I think this is the reason why if we did make a managerial change I can see the reason behind if for what I've said above. A new manager and staff could help change some of this narrative above.
But I'm not desperate for Hecky to go and whilst he is here I truly want him to turn it around and we see an improvement, I think he possibly can but we absolutely need to and fast. Ideally starting this Sat if he is indeed still in charge!
I'd say Wilder had a better team that Hecky at his disposal. We had Henderson, Stevens, Bash, Egan and O'Connell all on top form in defence, then a younger Norwood, Fleck one of the leagues better midfielders full stop, and the surprise package Lundstram. Up top we had Mousset offering us pace and power, McGoldrick the number 10, and McBurnie the bigger man option and with Sharp off the bench. Now with one or two exceptions such as Baldock, Hamer and McBurnie now, I would say everyone else is worse than what we had then. Even Hamer isn't playing well because he's dragged down by the overall standard of the team. We can only compete effectively by playing a low block, anything else and it would be even more goals against, the teams near the bottom will offer some competitive matches I'd argue but earlier in the season when confidence wasn't so low we were competing better.

We cannot stay up unless we sign 2/3 quality players in January and I don't hold out much hope for that because it will be difficult to sign players who want to come permanently when we're likely to go down and we already have two domestic loans, maybe Thomas will go back if RND is fit. That leaves us with foreign loans and not sure many will be better than what we have.

Can everyone stop moaning about the manager, the players when it’s not going to help the situation. Just creates a bad atmosphere all round. We will be fine, I don’t think our performances have been too bad apart from the Arsenal Newcastle and West Ham game, it’s just down to mistakes. They need our support and we aren’t giving it apart from the fans who stayed at the end of the Arsenal game cheering the players on.
The flip side to that is it's the fans who have to pay, travel and watch the team just not be good enough for an entire season, I don't think any amount of singing would effect matches in the majority of the matches because we're so far off it, but granted we've had a wretched run of fixtures. We didn't expect to be top half, but we should have signed another forward for example, but no we decided to go with Brewster coming back who hasn't ever looked good enough and with McBurnie now injured I can't see any wins without him playing. It's criminal lack of ambition to not sign another forward this summer and I blame the Prince for that, I can't see Hecky wanting just Traore and Archer in, the former is nowhere near good enough yet.

The real reason we are probably not making a change is we can’t afford to pay up the contracts of the manager and coaching staff

The flip side to that is it's the fans who have to pay, travel and watch the team just not be good enough for an entire season, I don't think any amount of singing would effect matches in the majority of the matches because we're so far off it, but granted we've had a wretched run of fixtures. We didn't expect to be top half, but we should have signed another forward for example, but no we decided to go with Brewster coming back who hasn't ever looked good enough and with McBurnie now injured I can't see any wins without him playing. It's criminal lack of ambition to not sign another forward this summer and I blame the Prince for that, I can't see Hecky wanting just Traore and Archer in, the former is nowhere near good enough yet.
Totally agree about having no replacement for McBurnie especially with his injury record, and whether it was the Prince or Heckys decision it has cost the club dearly.

mindset from our fans that we are utterly hopeless and lets just fastrack to relegation.
Hi Stegosaurus here,

We are utterly hopeless though. The worst team I have ever seen in the Premier League, we haven't got a clue.

I actually think we may get less than five points this year. And that is being optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom