Outgoing? Calvert-Lewin to Man Utd?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You know how our management were complaining that teams up the price when we come knocking? Well take that million, times it by 5, add on a 20% sell on clause, another million for an England cap, and that's your starting point for negotiations. And a hint, when you're negotiating a sale, the price goes UP.

Why so negative about DCL?, no fan at the lane has seen enough of him to have a true opinion! Teams must see something in him to keep offering million plus offers (even though a million is nothing to a premier league club) I hope we get to see his potential with us before we look to cash in! Wilder is in a good position to judge so lets trust him on DCL!

• Banned
Why so negative about DCL?, no fan at the lane has seen enough of him to have a true opinion! Teams must see something in him to keep offering million plus offers (even though a million is nothing to a premier league club) I hope we get to see his potential with us before we look to cash in! Wilder is in a good position to judge so lets trust him on DCL!

I'm only being sarcastic in my O/P. I rate DCL, I can see that he definitely has something about him and is the sort of player with a lot of natural development left in him.

£1m is less than nothing to Man Utd. We should ask for at least £3m. I'd rather keep him but if we sell then I'd rather it be in January, when we have more time to re-invest.

There's extremely little if any evidence (so far) that DCL is or can be any more than a mid table league one striker.

There's young players in the lower divisions that have shown far better technical ability, and more consistently, with much better scoring records, so this interest in him is perplexing to say the least if true, although I believe this one is more than likely bollocks.

I went to an u21s match two seasons ago (v Crewe) hoping to see DCL, I bumped into Brian (who regularly goes to Academy matches, u21s and reserves matches- he is always scribbling down notes during matches and told me he keeps these notes at home since 1988, I think). He told me that DCL is the best prospect from our Academy. DCL didnt play that night

There may be something in this. Nick Cox knows him very well. If he goes he may well not go straight into the first team...

Oh, Nick, Louis Reed is here as well...

I agree but Wilders current view is not in the squad at all or on the bench when all other strikers aren't fully fit - would either be a great deal for us or Chris Wilder is a poor manager for not seeing enough in him to get him involved. It puts into perspective his opinions of teams quoting silly prices for players if we get a bid of £1m - maybe he needs to pay a decent fee if he rates the players he is looking at?

It's The Daily Mail...

Ya know, The Daily Mail.

Headlines like these....

So-called refugees have been drilling for oil in one family's back garden the Mail can exclusively reveal.

In a shocking indictment of our permissive society it has this week emerged that cyberterrorists have been setting fire to pensioners whilst high on skunk and crack.

Richard Littlejohn has today said "society needs to condemn a little more and understand a little less.".

In a shocking indictment of our permissive society it has this week emerged that homosexuals have been reading the works of Karl Marx.

Shocking news has come to light that a recent spate of plotting to kidnap a senior royal has been perpetrated by unemployed layabouts demanding benefits with menace.

The Daily Mail, yeah?

Forgot that Nick has moved there so he must have convinced the club to go for DCL
Man U have a current shortage of players for their U23 squad and are actively recruiting for this.
Having said that DCL certainly hasn't been on the radar of the person around these parts who scouts for MUFC.

Man U have a current shortage of players for their U23 squad and are actively recruiting for this.
Having said that DCL certainly hasn't been on the radar of the person around these parts who scouts for MUFC.
He will have known about DCL's injury problem this summer making him unavailable to play in most matches?

Players are "&£@%s" whilst they are here, and world beaters once they've left. Par for the course mate.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin. What a great name.Obviously destined for greatness. Just like Diego Di Geralamo.

FFS grab £5m,(which is absolutely fuck all to ANY prem,or even Championship team,which shows what a shit fee we got for Adams) and run the fuck back over the Pennines.

There's extremely little if any evidence (so far) that DCL is or can be any more than a mid table league one striker.

There's young players in the lower divisions that have shown far better technical ability, and more consistently, with much better scoring records, so this interest in him is perplexing to say the least if true, although I believe this one is more than likely bollocks.

I would agree with you that there are better young players out there, but I still think you're being a little harsh.

"There's extremely little if any evidence (so far) that DCL is or can be any more than a mid table league one striker"

This quote annoys me somewhat, there's little evidence for anything: we've only seen cameos from him in a poor squad. Some young players make an instant impact, but the majority take time (often several seasons) to begin to realise their potential.

The staff at the club hold him in high regard: and there's apparent interest from PL clubs. Aren't these encouraging signs?

I would agree with you that there are better young players out there, but I still think you're being a little harsh.

"There's extremely little if any evidence (so far) that DCL is or can be any more than a mid table league one striker"

This quote annoys me somewhat, there's little evidence for anything: we've only seen cameos from him in a poor squad. Some young players make an instant impact, but the majority take time (often several seasons) to begin to realise their potential.

The staff at the club hold him in high regard: and there's apparent interest from PL clubs. Aren't these encouraging signs?
DDG MK2. Only Southampton get absolute top,top,top dollar for young player sales. We get bottom,bottom bottom.

I suppose that's why Everton and now Man Utd are showing an interest in him.Tell me Barney how you know that a young player won't develop when
top professional s with two leading premiership clubs obviously rate him ,and both clubs have got great academy s ??.
It seems you delight in bringing us down are you a pig in disguise,if you are your not hiding it very well.

It's The Daily Mail...

Ya know, The Daily Mail.

Headlines like these....

So-called refugees have been drilling for oil in one family's back garden the Mail can exclusively reveal.

In a shocking indictment of our permissive society it has this week emerged that cyberterrorists have been setting fire to pensioners whilst high on skunk and crack.

Richard Littlejohn has today said "society needs to condemn a little more and understand a little less.".

In a shocking indictment of our permissive society it has this week emerged that homosexuals have been reading the works of Karl Marx.

Shocking news has come to light that a recent spate of plotting to kidnap a senior royal has been perpetrated by unemployed layabouts demanding benefits with menace.

The Daily Mail, yeah?
Don't forget "chicken gives you cancer".

Back
Top Bottom