Bryan Robbo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can no longer get angry with old Bryan. I just pity the fool. A first class example of an ex player thinking his name gave him a 'right' to manage a top club without having to show any sort of management ability first. Arrogant, clueless imbecile. Was a good player in his time though i will give him that.

Pathetic indeed he was. I seem to recall a similar fucking cretin manning the decks last year a season lower. An incompetent prick spouting bullshit and getting people to defend him as it's all Clough's fault or McCabe's fault.

What happened to the guy who walked from the Kop to the dugout and threw his season ticket at Robbo? (I imagine a short ban? Although I guess he was signaling his intent to not attend home games anyway :D). Does he post on here?

That's another reason why season ticket booklets are better than cards.
It's impossible to angrily thrown a card at anyone, they're too light.
You could theoretically get a bit of pace on it by skimming it like a Ninja star but you'd look like a massive camp twat in the process.

So yeah.....I miss the booklets.

and it will still be Mcnultys fault :rolleyes:

Clough and McCuntly should have a gladiator-style fight to the death in a Battle of The Bell Ends.

Clough would win of course, McCuntly would tap out as soon as his lovely hair gets pulled.

Jeez...please dont remind me of last season and pun tastic Nigel. A man who could have confused the fuk out of the Riddler. At first i thought he came across as an intelligent chap. About 2 weeks in alarm bells were well and truly going off in my head as i started to realise he was just full of fluff and shit. He had obviously spent to many days reading 'corporate' management books to make sure he sounded the part. Pity it was all bollox and he didnt have a clue about football. I spent most of this pre season have therapy lessons anout trying to forget last season. Thankfully im now firmly looking forwads positively as Chris has landed...and i do very much so like the cut of his gibb. He got here just in the nick of time cos we were starting to stare down the barrell of footballing oblivion after employing a series of planks as sufc manager over recent years.

Right
Me and our lass a few years ago went round Cadburys.

All this chocolate flowed by and we were told help yourself fellas o. Staff could tuckin as they wished..

Why some director put Billy bunterr charg. Of the tuck shop,is beyond me..

There was a great picture of a spectacularly hungover-looking Capt Marvel wearing Blades training gear, carrying a kettle. I saved it on a laptop at the time, but the laptop later blew up.

I don't suppose any Blades fans have a copy of this iconic image that they'd care to post here ?

There was a great picture of a spectacularly hungover-looking Capt Marvel wearing Blades training gear, carrying a kettle. I saved it on a laptop at the time, but the laptop later blew up.

I don't suppose any Blades fans have a copy of this iconic image that they'd care to post here ?

robboD2109_468x696.jpg

Kin 'ell I've seen better begging half cut on West Street

I think Viv Anderson deserved a lot of credit for his Boro team. Along with having Juninho in it. (Anderson was also coach at Barnsley when they went up to the top flight I believe)

I hoped having Kidd alongside him would counter my reservations re Robbo but sadly not. My memories of the time are the most expensive team I've ever seen passing it slowly across the back with no movement in front of them, maybe for four passes, then Kilgallon would launch it a foot over Beatties head. It was really dull considering the team we had.

If anyone wants to PM me a good drunken Robbo story I'm all ears. I am aware of the accusations but not of any evidence.

Interesting article in todays Sun. Robbo commenting on English Managers. To Quote " I had spells at Bradford and Sheffield United, good clubs, but for all my so-called pedigree and having worked my way into management, NO MAJOR CLUB EVER CAME IN FOR ME " !!!!!!!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O. Wonder why Bryan ??

I'll take this one if I may?

Because you're a fucking terrible manager, a drunk and a terrible human being Bryan.

That's another reason why season ticket booklets are better than cards.
It's impossible to angrily thrown a card at anyone, they're too light.
You could theoretically get a bit of pace on it by skimming it like a Ninja star but you'd look like a massive camp twat in the process.

So yeah.....I miss the booklets.

Agreed. It's a bit weak isn't it if you leap gazelle-like over the hoardings, evade the grasping arms of the portly stewards and storm across towards the technical area full of fury with a resounding cheer of the Shoreham fresh in your ears. Then throw your season card at the twat in the dugout and it lands about 3cm ahead of you, Gary Sinclair averting his eyes as the shame engulfs you.

Agreed. It's a bit weak isn't it if you leap gazelle-like over the hoardings, evade the grasping arms of the portly stewards and storm across towards the technical area full of fury with a resounding cheer of the Shoreham fresh in your ears. Then throw your season card at the twat in the dugout and it lands about 3cm ahead of you, Gary Sinclair averting his eyes as the shame engulfs you.

I had a dream/nightmare once where almost the exact same thing happened. Mickey Adams was in charge at the time.

Brian Robson is just about the only football person I've seen in vivo, he was supping a beer with some bint in a cafe near the Colliseum in Rome, before he became our " manager"

That moment when you found out Hendrie was on £20,000 a week. :(:(:(
I'll always remember the interview the evil pixie did when he signed, and he looked genuinely amazed he'd been offered a three year deal as he was ' only expecting two..'

I'm guessing whoever negotiated that one won't be pitching up on The Apprentice any time soon.

Before the sacking I believe he was offered a DOF role at the club, I think we would have found the perfect role for him, he could persuade any footballer to sign for him, who could say no to Bryan Robson ??

However his ego at he still wanted to manage made him say no to that, then he was fired or whatever....

He built a great side, pity he pants at managing a foot

Clough and McCuntly should have a gladiator-style fight to the death in a Battle of The Bell Ends.

Clough would win of course, McCuntly would tap out as soon as his lovely hair gets pulled.
That's bullshit TD, you should know better. Clough will hold out for a draw, the first draw ever in Gladiator fighting.

That moment when you found out Hendrie was on £20,000 a week. :(:(:(
Jimmy Bullard does a podcast called the magic sponge and Hendrie was on it. He basically admitted to being a piss head throughout his career who got by because he had a natural fitness that allowed him to get away with it. Sadly it seemed he just carried on drinking but without any performances for us and it says a lot that we stopped him for Jordan Stewart who ranks highly on my worst ever list. It also says a lot about Derby that they were willing to trade because Stewart was so bad and on big money. . . He also ranked Kenny as one of the biggest nut jobs he ever played with and described him as a "wrong un, just wrong in the head".

Interesting article in todays Sun. Robbo commenting on English Managers. To Quote " I had spells at Bradford and Sheffield United, good clubs, but for all my so-called pedigree and having worked my way into management, NO MAJOR CLUB EVER CAME IN FOR ME " !!!!!!!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O. Wonder why Bryan ??

Utterly ridiculous comment. The jobs he got far outweighed any managerial ability he showed. He made a career out of football management for about 13 years I think before his shortcomings caught up with him. Without his reputation as a player, he would have never managed in the professional game.

Interesting article in todays Sun. Robbo commenting on English Managers. To Quote " I had spells at Bradford and Sheffield United, good clubs, but for all my pedigree and having worked my way into management,
owning a tin of pedigree chum is not a shoe into football management
not being able to walk in a straight line at 3 o clock in the afternoon doesnt help

Back
Top Bottom