2022/2023 Match Thread Bristol City v. Sheffield United - 1st November 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRIS
BRIS
BRIS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Banned
1667325692201.png vs. 1667325698520.png

Championship Week 19 - Tuesday 1st November 2022 - 20:00 - Ashton Gate
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/bristol-city-vs-sheffield-united.623/

Officials:

Referee: Stephen Martin
Assistant Referee: Adam Crysell
Assistant Referee: Mark Stevens
Fourth Official: James Linington

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1667325784440.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (to be updated):

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 18.03.37.png

Original content from robbiez666 below:

As there's no match thread yet (I assume Dempsey & Makepeace are busy childing) putting this here.

Going to be a tough game. I fancied City at the start of the season but they've been inconsistent. They certainly have the attacking players to hurt us.

If everyone was fit enough to play, I'd go:

----------------------Wes

Baldock - Basham - Egan - Robinson - Osborn

--------Doyle----Norwood-----Fleck

-------------Sharp--- Ndiaye

Anel suspended and giving McBurnie a rest.

I reckon we're going to get a few surprises though listening to the press conference.

Sachdev and Arblaster not travelled with the U-21s so likely in the squad.

I reckon McAtee or Khadra will start. I have a feeling Ndiaye might not.

I reckon a draw might be the likely outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm going to do a heckky, listen, Robinson looked ok, Clarke coming back so LCB looks better, anel has served his ban so the back 3 is looking better. Hopefully Tommy Doyle isnt too bad and can come back Saturday, so little steps to get a better squad

...and there's the next transfer window too!

[but when we get there, t'cupboard'll be bare, and poor little Hecky'll have none]

You‘re missing the obvious tho.
One off great or poor performances are pretty much irrelevant, all the top teams have had crap games and all the bottom teams have had 1 off great perfirmances.

Judge us over a series of matches.
Eventhough we’ve had 10 players out injured most games all the XG data shows us as the 2nd best team in this league.
Overall we’ve been unlucky this season, so we are due some luck.

When we get our players back we should win the league, if we avoid more bad luck with injuries.

If we did actually win the Championship it would be the first time we've held that particular trophy in our hands for 125 years!

1667397493207.png

It could be worse, we could be moaning about this kind of meaningless defeat from yesteryear...

1667398009828.png 1667398063410.png

... and of course, it mattered at the time! 🤣

I must say I do really enjoy Heckinbottom's interviews nowadays. I'm not sure what it is about it, it just comes across as a really level-headed and intelligent bloke. I imagine he's very well liked in the game.

Wins man of the match.
I know, extraordinary- shows how much attention pundits give the game. Admittedly, he made a couple of great clearances but otherwise was awful. Looks so easy to go past now, uncomfortable on the ball and resorts to lumping it long pretty much every time when he sees any pressure coming. He’s been fabulous for us but not at the moment.

You want the players to go in after a tackle like that, it's shows team spirit and aggression
No reason for Baldock to go in like a demented Banshee. Tackle wasn't the worst I've ever seen and we were lucky one or two of ours didn't get a more severe admonishment.

No reason for Baldock to go in like a demented Banshee. Tackle wasn't the worst I've ever seen and we were lucky one or two of ours didn't get a more severe admonishment.
Furious George living up to is nickname!!

Back
Top Bottom