Brandy - Wants a quick decision

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think he's a good player and although I doubt it will happen I wouldn't mind him coming back. The problem he had in his first spell is that he played a normal RM role and got the ball on halfway, where it's hard to jink all the way to the box. He would need to get the ball in more attacking areas in and around the box, where he can make things happen. I think he, Baxter and Murphy could be our main 'match winners'.

Move him on and get someone in who doesn't get himself
I think he's a good player and although I doubt it will happen I wouldn't mind him coming back. The problem he had in his first spell is that he played a normal RM role and got the ball on halfway, where it's hard to jink all the way to the box. He would need to get the ball in more attacking areas in and around the box, where he can make things happen. I think he, Baxter and Murphy could be our main 'match winners'.

Doesn't (couldn't) Scougall already fill that role?
And without the attitude problem/tendency to get sent off.

Get rid of him in my opinion.

He has said nothing wrong there. If I were in his situation I'd be saying exactly the same thing. I would want it sorting out quickly so I knew what the hell I was doing and could devote myself to it.

All he did was get sent off once under Clough, he didn't kill his grandmother. Talk of attitude problems is a bit overblown and speculative if you ask me.

Are you reading, Mr Brandy?

From a link on BM regarding Connor Dimaio

http://www.sheffieldunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/youngster_to_be_given_chance_831292/index.shtml

(Connor Dimaio) is not a one-dimensional player at all. He's still got a lot of work and improving to do yet but, perhaps the most important thing, is that he's shown an excellent attitude and the willingness to do all of that."

Whyve we still got a big Chengdu Blades logo on there? Have we still got ties with them? I thought wed binned the off after all the match fixing

As I said them many months back he does offer certain attributes, like pace and trickery.
Since he's still under contract I think we should give him another chance, maybe he will right his wrongs next season but if he is going to he will need a chance.

He could be good but the signing of Scougall and probable signing of Davies is a clear sign there is no future for him at SUFC under Nigel Clough.

We stand to lose Porter, Miller, Ironside & Brandy in the summer. Surely that alone gives us enough resource to sign a good striker without Princes investment, cup run etc.

He could be good but the signing of Scougall and probable signing of Davies is a clear sign there is no future for him at SUFC under Nigel Clough.

We stand to lose Porter, Miller, Ironside & Brandy in the summer. Surely that alone gives us enough resource to sign a good striker without Princes investment, cup run etc.

I don't mind letting Brandy go if we get someone better in. But the linked Croft, the probable Davies and the not-right-winger Scougall are not better options if you ask me.
--------------
Update, just saw Clough has dismissed the Croft-link.

Move him on and get someone in who doesn't get himself

Doesn't (couldn't) Scougall already fill that role?
And without the attitude problem/tendency to get sent off.

Get rid of him in my opinion.
Why does no one realise Scougall's a centre mid?

Why does no one realise Scougall's a centre mid?

He's an attacking midfielder (in my opinion) who can quite easily compliment a front man because of his pace.
With the formation we have been playing that role seems perfect for him and the team.
Now all we need is a more consistent front man goal scoring/holding the ball up wise.

As I alluded to in the thread about next season's squad, Febien Brandy will not be a United player next season unless he sorts out the basic disciplines. It's patently obvious that Clough expects players to behave like adults - eg turn up for training on time. Brandy, from what I've heard, is unlikely to do that and that's probably why he's on loan at the moment.

There is a good player in there and if he was willing to listen, learn and improve his behaviour he could be an asset next season. As it is, he's going to throw that away because he's just not that willing.

The quote I've got about Brandy sums him up - this is slightly paraphrased - "Not sure he'll ever do well at United, he's more suited to a smaller team where they'll cut him more slack. Febien's always late. There's always and excuse - his car's got a flat tyre, he's locked himself out".

It's a shame.

He's an attacking midfielder (in my opinion) who can quite easily compliment a front man because of his pace.
With the formation we have been playing that role seems perfect for him and the team.
Now all we need is a more consistent front man goal scoring/holding the ball up wise.
I think he's a CM who attacks rather than on off the forward player like Baxter. My point in saying he's a CM though was more that he and brandy would not both have the same role.

Last edited:
If Clough deems the bloke deserves a chance then that's good enough for Me. He can play that's a fact but with the combination of what we have and what we may be getting in would Brandy be surplus to requirements?

If he does stay then he should get a clean sheet like everyone else.

Didn't see anything in the interview that suggested anything unrealistic either. Sounded like common sense answers.

As I alluded to in the thread about next season's squad, Febien Brandy will not be a United player next season unless he sorts out the basic disciplines. It's patently obvious that Clough expects players to behave like adults - eg turn up for training on time. Brandy, from what I've heard, is unlikely to do that and that's probably why he's on loan at the moment.

There is a good player in there and if he was willing to listen, learn and improve his behaviour he could be an asset next season. As it is, he's going to throw that away because he's just not that willing.

The quote I've got about Brandy sums him up - this is slightly paraphrased - "Not sure he'll ever do well at United, he's more suited to a smaller team where they'll cut him more slack. Febien's always late. There's always and excuse - his car's got a flat tyre, he's locked himself out".

It's a shame.

That's what I had heard about him as well.

A poor attitude will get a player no where with Clough in charge.

Brandy is a winger ,why does he have to score loads of goals?its what he creates what counts,we need 2 strikers to score us the goals ,if he chipped in with a couple of goals then so be it.Flynn 9 goals in 92 appearances,murphy 5 goals in 48 appearances,no one bats an eye lid at their goalscoring do they?

I would suggest that a good winger needs to be contributing say 5 to 8 goals per season, however, he should be making double that in assists.

Sadly, Brandy's record does not even come close even in making assists. Flatters to deceive ......
UTB & FTP

The one thing i cant get my head round though is how alot of people dont want brandy because of his attitude,yes attitude,yet an hell of alot of people are allright with a convicted rapist playing for uso_O

Probably because Ched Evans would probably have finished as the Divisions top scorer and fired us to promotion if he had kept his d**k in his trousers .......
UTB & FTP

I would suggest that a good winger needs to be contributing say 5 to 8 goals per season, however, he should be making double that in assists.

Sadly, Brandy's record does not even come close even in making assists. Flatters to deceive ......
UTB & FTP
Cant disagree with that darth but i think if cloughy got hold of him and worked his managerial magic i think hes capable of doing this for us next season only my view though

Back
Top Bottom