Bottle thrown at Lampard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

silverfox

Reaction score
I never saw this.......

Bottle incident angers Mourinho

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho said a fan who threw a plastic water bottle at Frank Lampard during Saturday's 2-0 win over Sheffield United should be jailed.

The incident happened late in the game as the England midfielder went to take a corner at the Blades' Kop end.

Mourinho told the Daily Mail: "If we can catch him and send him home or get him to spend a night in jail, that would be perfect.

"But it wouldn't be fair to punish the club or 30,000 fans."

Lampard attempted to play down the incident, saying: "It was only a plastic water bottle and there are no hard feelings for me.

"I know it's not something you want to see but if it had landed on me I might have felt different.

"There was quite good banter in the far corner and nothing nasty aimed at me."

Credit for Lampard really. Most players would be making a right fuss about it.

Obviously no need throw a bottle anyway.

I saw it happen, Lampard just tossed it back to the side of the pitch and carried on.
It landed a good 5 - 10 yards away from him too, Could have been a girl who threw it :D

I did see it... think it was before they were going to take a corner.

No need for it, especially after the trouble we've had with ground closures in recent times.

Idiots like that shouldn't be in football grounds and if anyone knew who it was, they ought to report them.

One plastic water bottle too many could mean money lost and points docked for the club - sure they'd fel very clever then.

Yea i noticed it aswell although good to see lampard not make a fuss.

Although didnt something similar happen against norwich last season when there players celebrated in front of the KOP and something was thrown ?

i think so bladesman yead, i dint see the fat frank incident but any one see phil neville flinch when he came to take a throwing the other week? the guy infront tore up a betting slip and threw it in the airquite funny lol

I rememebr the norwich incident, they were winding us up on that day and i rememebr that they were celebrating the goal in front of the kop and a few things got launched towards them. They gave us a hiding if i remember right.

On occasions like that one can see why it happens, though i suppose it is still unacceptable.

Didn't see this incident on Saturday, but there was always going to be something that Jose was gonna have a moan about...

jodman said:
I rememebr the norwich incident, they were winding us up on that day and i rememebr that they were celebrating the goal in front of the kop and a few things got launched towards them. They gave us a hiding if i remember right.

On occasions like that one can see why it happens, though i suppose it is still unacceptable.

Didn't see this incident on Saturday, but there was always going to be something that Jose was gonna have a moan about...

3-1 if i remember rightly, with a morgan own goal?? or am i thinking of a different game

It happened cos Jags kicked the ball off Lampard for a goal kick but the ref gave a corner instead. The ref was near the incident too so it could have been aimed at him.

Still not acceptable tho!

Was it not that little shit McVeigh :mad:

Yep it was McVeigh, he scroed a great goal though - i think Norwich were on a crap run and i remember worthington dancing like they had won the cup...pig!

Bladesman said:
Yea i noticed it aswell although good to see lampard not make a fuss.

Although didnt something similar happen against norwich last season when there players celebrated in front of the KOP and something was thrown ?
It were Paul McVeigh who did that, and then later on Huckerby picked up a bottle and almost threw it back into the crowd.

Mouseytheblade said:
It happened cos Jags kicked the ball off Lampard for a goal kick but the ref gave a corner instead. The ref was near the incident too so it could have been aimed at him.

Still not acceptable tho!

Yep that was the incident but the ref had moved away and it was definately aimed at Lampard. I saw where it came from but couldn't see who did it, it was a few rows infront of me and a good 30 seats to my left closer to the goal.

I Love Chip Butties said:
credit to mourinho, alot of people would have said to punish theblades
Definatley, i don't usually agree with mourinho, i think he tries to find excuses too much. But i totally agreed with what was said by him

It surely can't be too difficult to find the clown that threw the bottle. There are so many cctv cameras in the ground, find them then give them a big ban, say 5 or 10 years, or maybe life. A big ban might, just might make other dickheads think twice before they chuck stuff on the pitch.

Still it's nice of them to investigate something which didn't even reach the referee's report (not that i'm condoning it!)... and yet totally ignore the incident that sparked it - Mr Lampard blatently conning his way to a corner.

i didnt see it myself, but i will never diss any england players, i didnt diss crouch or gerrard or any other england players

Some serious bottle throwing action from the Chelsea fans on the top tier of the Nou Camp last night.....

Linz said:
Some serious bottle throwing action from the Chelsea fans on the top tier of the Nou Camp last night.....

On Sky sports news higlights of the Copenhagen Man Utd game it seemed like something came flying in from the crown aimed at Rooney after a missed chance. Rio gestured to the crowed after but nothing was mentioned about it, anyone watch the game, was it a bottle?

Back
Top Bottom