Bloody Hell Tel - Use Your Loaf Not Your Todge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In other news, Louis Reed witnessed the buying and selling of stolen goods and failed to report it to the police.
Come on Louis, where's your community spirit...

#OnlyFoolsandHorses

Or it could be people jump to conclusions because their own mind is in the gutter.

So that would be the two people who replied to his tweet and about the first 6 people who posted on here.

That might be what he meant, but most people here who read it, took it to mean sex, and I suspect that's how most people would read it.
In that case it shows how poorly people understand Twitter and that includes those on here overreacting.. The hashtag #firstdates is a big give away...

It also proves that people shouldn't jump to conclusions. There was nothing implying sex, just a boozing!

As the mattbianco1 said, overreaction....

So that would be the two people who replied to his tweet and about the first 6 people who posted on here.
What, so we should metaphorically crucify people because someone else has read their "off the cuff" comment on Twitter/Facebook/other vacuous internet bollocks site and jumped to some sordid conclusion about them? Seems the court of moral indignation is open for business again.

What, so we should metaphorically crucify people because someone else has read their "off the cuff" comment on Twitter/Facebook/other vacuous internet bollocks site and jumped to some sordid conclusion about them? Seems the court of moral indignation is open for business again.

Not all, it's all explained now. However, the words he used would lead most people to think he was referring to sex and a date he was involved in (as we saw here). It's the penalty of thinking it a good idea to tell your thoughts to all and sundry. You can always be misunderstood.

No, most people who read it on twitter would have known he was on about beer.

Massive overreaction.

It that's right, things have changed since I was a lad. Is that what young men want these days, young women who will go out and get pissed with them?

That might be what he meant, but most people here who read it, took it to mean sex, and I suspect that's how most people would read it.

Only if he's having sex with a dimpled jug of Castlemaine XXXX.

It that's right, things have changed since I was a lad. Is that what young men want these days, young women who will go out and get pissed with them?

I'm far from young, and I don't think Id know what to do now if I ever had a first date (although a romantic trip to Bargain Booze could be the answer).

I just cant understand why TKs comments got ripped apart like they did.

I'm no way out to knock Tel K but he needs to be a little but more mature about the stuff he is putting out on social media in this context.
The "My type of girl" comment on some girl who clearly wants to get bladdered on meeting somebody for a date for the first time (regardless of whether it's related to a TV prog or not - which was not abundantly clear) is the contentious element for me, given what when on for the last three years.
It's as though nothing was learned from the debacle of the Evans case and the shit storm the club went through.
It could quite easily turn out to be a PR faux pas that the club has to wriggle its way out of, yet again,

It seemed the lad on the date with her did....

In fairness, you sometimes go on a date with a bird you've met on the Internet and she's not quite how you hoped for a long term relationship, either because of looks or personality differences, so you think 'lets just have a good night, get plastered and then leave it at that'

It seemed the lad on the date with her did....

In fairness, if one goes on a date with a bird one's met on the Internet and she's not quite how one hoped for a long term relationship, either because of looks or personality differences, so one think 'lets just have a good night, get plastered and then leave it at that'
Fixed it for you

I'm no way out to knock Tel K but he needs to be a little but more mature about the stuff he is putting out on social media in this context.
The "My type of girl" comment on some girl who clearly wants to get bladdered on meeting somebody for a date for the first time (regardless of whether it's related to a TV prog or not - which was not abundantly clear) is the contentious element for me, given what when on for the last three years.
It's as though nothing was learned from the debacle of the Evans case and the shit storm the club went through.
It could quite easily turn out to be a PR faux pas that the club has to wriggle its way out of, yet again,
He's a young lad, let's not dress this up as anything more than it was. It WAS abundantly clear he was talking about first dates because he made reference to #firstdates

Kinda puts Ched Evans' "I got a bird" comment into perspective.

As I say, he just saying the sort of stuff young men have always said, but to a much wider audience. I don't know if clubs do give players training in social media, but it really does need to be hammeted into them to think before they press "send". A good rule of thumb would be "would you be embarassed if your mum or gran read this?" If so, don't send it.

Not all, it's all explained now. However, the words he used would lead most people to think he was referring to sex and a date he was involved in (as we saw here). It's the penalty of thinking it a good idea to tell your thoughts to all and sundry. You can always be misunderstood.

But he used the hashtag "firstdates".

Surely you have seen programmes come on these days where the hashtag appears at the bottom of the screen prompting people to talk about the programme they're watching on twitter?

gogglebox.png

Surely you have seen programmes come on these days where the hashtag appears at the bottom of the screen prompting people to talk about the programme they're watching on twitter?

View attachment 11207

Nope - didn't know it existed but that's partially the point - if the two respondents took it that way (not looked ot see if any others have commented) and it contained more than a sense of ambiguity as to Tel's position re getting girls drunk and the possibility of that leading onto a difficult situation then he should have left it well alone - given the scrutiny surrounding the club.

hashtags aren't just for TV progs, though, are they?

As I say, he just saying the sort of stuff young men have always said, but to a much wider audience. I don't know if clubs do give players training in social media, but it really does need to be hammered into them to think before they press "send". A good rule of thumb would be "would you be embarassed if your mum or gran read this?" If so, don't send it.

Fully agree and that was my point - it can be taken out of context with the ambiguity in the tweet - he's a pro player for the club I support and I don't want him getting into any trouble with the Hatchet followers - they could easily grab that and use it - doesn't matter what the truth may be it's the perception that will carry the weight.

View attachment 11207

I don't go on Twitter so was completely ignorant of what the hashtag meant. I had also never heard of the programme concerned. I am not alone in either of those. A fair number of people thought the tweet meant that TK was about to shag a drunken woman on a first date. All that me and Ken are saying is that when you are in the public eye you have to avoid ambiguities like that. It's the price of (relative) fame.

I don't go on Twitter so was completely ignorant of what the hashtag meant. I had also never heard of the programme concerned. I am not alone in either of those. A fair number of people thought the tweet meant that TK was about to shag a drunken woman on a first date. All that me and Ken are saying is that when you are in the public eye you have to avoid ambiguities like that. It's the price of (relative) fame.

To repeat, there was nothing in his tweet to suggest any boning action was about to take place.

Kenilworth - Hashtags are used so that you can freely join a conversation about a particular topic.

For example... a popular one at present is #germanwings (popular as in used a lot).

If I wrote on twitter: "So sad to hear about the germanwings plane crash" only my followers would see it.

If I wrote: "So sad to hear about the #germanwings plane crash" it will be seen by anybody using that hashtag and following posts with that hashtag

Look - https://twitter.com/hashtag/germanwings

Back
Top Bottom