Blades are a fighting club .

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Adkins, Weir, Peters and Jokanovic tried to snuff that fight out of us and make us a 'football team' in their eyes. All 4 failed miserably thank fuck and didnt last long. I still think the least fight I saw in a Utd team was Bury away on a Tuesday night when Adkins made Coutts and Sharp subs, that was a fucking low. Hecky has gone down in my estimation the last few weeks, rolling it out from the keeper is simply not Sheffield United, you have to get the crowd behind you.
Wilder would at least bring the fight and passion back, the only passion Ive seen is Souza diabolically celebrating winning a throw in on a few occasions. Lots of injuries are usually a clue to players not buying into the manager. Wilder had very few .
Do you think players are feigning injuries?

Being a fighting club is great. It’s gets the crack heads at the back of the Kop all worked up !

At this level, you need quality ALL over the pitch. Even at the compromise of aforementioned “fight”.

We don’t got it.

UTB IMG_0347.png

I've been following this club for over 50 years . 32 years never missing a home game and went 16 years away . Seen this club in many different countries and regardless I was always proud of our club .
Saw us in division 4 allover ( great memories) after that Walsall match . One thing we have never lacked is fight and accepting defeat . The worst I saw us was the 6_0 defeat at Middlesbrough when we had a certain Brian Smith as centre half and only 400 blades attended ayersome Park.
This team are beyond a joke and no fight, this steps from the management.
What dave Bassett what Neil warnock what Chris wilder brought to this club was wear the red and white stripes and die for this club . We accepted defeat but we never got thrashed or showed no bottle.
We need wilder back regardless , he knows this club inside out . It would reunite the fans seeing players actually break sweat for the club .
We have enough time to dig our way out of this , Bassett proved ot when we beat forest but not a chance under hecky will we compete
Adkins, Weir, Peters and Jokanovic tried to snuff that fight out of us and make us a 'football team' in their eyes. All 4 failed miserably thank fuck and didnt last long. I still think the least fight I saw in a Utd team was Bury away on a Tuesday night when Adkins made Coutts and Sharp subs, that was a fucking low. Hecky has gone down in my estimation the last few weeks, rolling it out from the keeper is simply not Sheffield United, you have to get the crowd behind you.
Wilder would at least bring the fight and passion back, the only passion Ive seen is Souza diabolically celebrating winning a throw in on a few occasions. Lots of injuries are usually a clue to players not buying into the manager. Wilder had very few .
Howard Kendall and Nigel Spackman made us a football team

Brentford are a perfect example of how we should be.
A club who try to play football on limited resources but each and every player has fight and bottle and a structure .
Brentford also have a fantastic scouting and recruitment network due to their director of football. I've said it since Wilder left, we need a director of football at Bramall Lane.

Brentford find players who suit their system and because of that they thrive, the club does well and they sell them on for huge profits.

We don't. We pick any old player and try to get them to fit our system in the hope that it might work out. It doesn't and they leave for free or at a loss. Our recruitment has been garbage for four years now except for loan signings.

You either buy players to fit your system, or change your system to suit the players you have. Square pegs in square holes or round pegs in round pegs.

We hardly did it last season, it was introduced in the stuttgart game.
Hardly did what last season? Passed the ball?

How many times did Wes pass to Egan last season? At one point Egan was our 2nd highest in terms of touches of the ball, that doesn’t suggest we shelled it forward at every opportunity to me. We played patient football for the most part against teams who just sat in. Banging it forward would not have got us promoted.

Great, another discussion about how we are a club that “gets stuck in”!

You can still pass the fucking ball and open teams up with some passing and still get stuck in FFS!

It’s our biggest problem not our biggest strength.
Working hard and being determined are standard for all clubs that are successful, the ones winning stuff are the ones trying to play football that is exciting, attacking and with some flair with players like…what…Ndiaye!!

We were fucked the minute we sold the only quality attacking player we had capable of laying a glove on opponents.

We simply must get a new owner in who can pick the club up and support it financially until we get the structure and scouting in place to compete with clubs of a similar size. I fear that the misguided belief that we have spent sensibly and wisely to come back up will be a huge shock to many when we are in the bottom 3 of the championship in 12 months!!
Only yesterday we got physically outmuscled by one of the most technically gifted teams in the country.

When you listen to some of our fans it's binary and you must choose one over the other.

No but maybe not making as much effort as they would if we were winning, it's amazing how fit players become when a cup final is on the horizon. Not exclusive to utd
I think that's possibly fair for a few. Also, can't see those who are pushing 30 or older and have been told "they try harder in the last year of a deal" coming back unless they are 100% ready. Why injure yourself for a club that doesn't value you?

I recall ched Jamie ward and mark yates feigning injury and not training for micky Adams.

I think that's possibly fair for a few. Also, can't see those who are pushing 30 or older and have been told "they try harder in the last year of a deal" coming back unless they are 100% ready. Why injure yourself for a club that doesn't value you?
I’d forgot about that interview, cheers for reminding me. No wonder we are so screwed this season with a bloke applying Yee-Har Ball principles to us. We’ll be getting Ted Lasso in to replace Hecky next.

No fight last 2 games, think the tank is empty now.

Great, another discussion about how we are a club that “gets stuck in”!

You can still pass the fucking ball and open teams up with some passing and still get stuck in FFS!

It’s our biggest problem not our biggest strength.
Working hard and being determined are standard for all clubs that are successful, the ones winning stuff are the ones trying to play football that is exciting, attacking and with some flair with players like…what…Ndiaye!!

We were fucked the minute we sold the only quality attacking player we had capable of laying a glove on opponents.

We simply must get a new owner in who can pick the club up and support it financially until we get the structure and scouting in place to compete with clubs of a similar size. I fear that the misguided belief that we have spent sensibly and wisely to come back up will be a huge shock to many when we are in the bottom 3 of the championship in 12 months!!
Wish I could give this 2 likes.

No team has lasted in the PL by “getting stuck in”. That’s just antiquated bullshit and has been since Wimbledon & our Bassett side got found out in the very early years of the PL. Far more is needed in today’s game, especially with how easy it is to pick up a yellow card in today’s game. Aggression on its own will achieve exactly fuck all & hasn’t since the 90s.

Back
Top Bottom