Blades are a fighting club .

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derbysufc

Reaction score
I've been following this club for over 50 years . 32 years never missing a home game and went 16 years away . Seen this club in many different countries and regardless I was always proud of our club .
Saw us in division 4 allover ( great memories) after that Walsall match . One thing we have never lacked is fight and accepting defeat . The worst I saw us was the 6_0 defeat at Middlesbrough when we had a certain Brian Smith as centre half and only 400 blades attended ayersome Park.
This team are beyond a joke and no fight, this steps from the management.
What dave Bassett what Neil warnock what Chris wilder brought to this club was wear the red and white stripes and die for this club . We accepted defeat but we never got thrashed or showed no bottle.
We need wilder back regardless , he knows this club inside out . It would reunite the fans seeing players actually break sweat for the club .
We have enough time to dig our way out of this , Bassett proved ot when we beat forest but not a chance under hecky will we compete .

I've been following this club for over 50 years . 32 years never missing a home game and went 16 years away . Seen this club in many different countries and regardless I was always proud of our club .
Saw us in division 4 allover ( great memories) after that Walsall match . One thing we have never lacked is fight and accepting defeat . The worst I saw us was the 6_0 defeat at Middlesbrough when we had a certain Brian Smith as centre half and only 400 blades attended ayersome Park.
What dave Bassett what Neil warnock what Chris wilder brought to this club was wear the red and white stripes and die for this club . We accepted defeat but we never got thrashed or showed no bottle.
We need wilder back regardless , he knows this club inside out . It would reunite the fans seeing players actually break sweat for the club .
We have enough time to dig our way out of this , Bassett proved ot when we beat forest but not a chance under hecky will we compete .
Pretty much what I’ve said today to a few none blades about our identity.

The minimum is that we fight and run

Adkins, Weir, Peters and Jokanovic tried to snuff that fight out of us and make us a 'football team' in their eyes. All 4 failed miserably thank fuck and didnt last long. I still think the least fight I saw in a Utd team was Bury away on a Tuesday night when Adkins made Coutts and Sharp subs, that was a fucking low. Hecky has gone down in my estimation the last few weeks, rolling it out from the keeper is simply not Sheffield United, you have to get the crowd behind you.
Wilder would at least bring the fight and passion back, the only passion Ive seen is Souza diabolically celebrating winning a throw in on a few occasions. Lots of injuries are usually a clue to players not buying into the manager. Wilder had very few .

Spot on. That Boro game was my second ever Blades match and even as a 14 yr old I was shocked by the apathy of the players. They looked beat from the first minute. Today's team is similar but they're too poor to manage damage limitation even. The difference is this is 2023. This is the PL. It's painful.

Spot on. That Boro game was my second ever Blades match and even as a 14 yr old I was shocked by the apathy of the players. They looked beat from the first minute. Today's team is similar but they're too poor to manage damage limitation even. The difference is this is 2023. This is the PL. It's painful.
And that was 7 days after we lost 5-0 at Leeds 😣
John Pearson hat trick.
Stood behind the goal I recall.

I've been following this club for a similar amount of time. Most of what you've said is very cute but naive. My club accepts ALL standards but mainly skill through players like Currie, Woody, Len Badger. You would be correct to say that the club lacks a Mallender or a Hockey, but more than anything, we need creation. That crook sold creation and replaced it with industry.

Watching that Beckham documentary, how shit have they made football these days, its not about football anymore. That diving cry baby wanker Martinelli today was a great example today, he wouldnt have got a football contract back then.

Adkins, Weir, Peters and Jokanovic tried to snuff that fight out of us and make us a 'football team' in their eyes. All 4 failed miserably thank fuck and didnt last long. I still think the least fight I saw in a Utd team was Bury away on a Tuesday night when Adkins made Coutts and Sharp subs, that was a fucking low. Hecky has gone down in my estimation the last few weeks, rolling it out from the keeper is simply not Sheffield United, you have to get the crowd behind you.
Wilder would at least bring the fight and passion back, the only passion Ive seen is Souza diabolically celebrating winning a throw in on a few occasions. Lots of injuries are usually a clue to players not buying into the manager. Wilder had very few .
Cheers Sitwell..

That's stopped me ranting and abusing hecky, I'm all over the shop this morning, torn between slagging a nice fella off, and wondering what he's saying to the team.

In days gone by, we have a go at them, cause we know we won't win because they're better than us, so we always tried to land a punch, give a bloody nose and something to think about..

Yesterday he just bent over, feel so bad for my mates who've gone to all aways this season, I haven't, cause I hate the prem with a passion.. But we have to fucking try don't we, and we aren't, and getting tonked by 5 playing negatively, grow a fucking pair mr bean..

Wow, this is the problem.

Some of our fans think that ‘upandatem’, ‘gerritforard’ and ‘gerritinbox’ are the only way we should play.

Get Allardyce or Pulis in!
The tactic doesnt suit any team except maybe Man City and 2010 Spain. Its boring for a start but so many goals are conceded from it. One minute we are saying we lack passion then weakly taking the piss with 'upandatem' which is what we should be, and I wish we would 'gerritforward' and in the box for a fucking change, this arsing about with short passes until we lose it is awful.

Wow, this is the problem.

Some of our fans think that ‘upandatem’, ‘gerritforard’ and ‘gerritinbox’ are the only way we should play.

Get Allardyce or Pulis in!
Funny thing is that all the other sides have a mixture of both. Everyone looks bigger, is stronger, faster AND better at football. We look a very weak side, and have no idea how to play against opponents who can outmuscle and outplay us.

Thinking back to 06 with Neil when even Ronaldo didn't have the mentality to put up with the nastiness we created both player and fan. That's what's missing, no fear factor home or away and not a single player the opposition might think 'he could do something'

Imagine being some soppy bollox from abroad with a hair do and being told to get in the box with morgan jags Montgomery etc, you'd be kakking it

Last edited:
Change is something a lots of blades fans can't deal with, if we talk of a clear out it's " Oh no not Fleck, he's been great for us!", "get Wilder back!". It's like when you get older and say "it's not like the old days "etc, things move on and we have to move with it, the old guard did well but they need to go at seasons end, lets face it bringing new blood in can't do much worse!

Great, another discussion about how we are a club that “gets stuck in”!

You can still pass the fucking ball and open teams up with some passing and still get stuck in FFS!

It’s our biggest problem not our biggest strength.
Working hard and being determined are standard for all clubs that are successful, the ones winning stuff are the ones trying to play football that is exciting, attacking and with some flair with players like…what…Ndiaye!!

We were fucked the minute we sold the only quality attacking player we had capable of laying a glove on opponents.

We simply must get a new owner in who can pick the club up and support it financially until we get the structure and scouting in place to compete with clubs of a similar size. I fear that the misguided belief that we have spent sensibly and wisely to come back up will be a huge shock to many when we are in the bottom 3 of the championship in 12 months!!

Up and at em Blayards!

Gerrintuh them forrin fanniz!

Soft Suvven ponces!

Have it!

Won nowt since God wor a lad an that's ar wi like it.

Local club for local people.

Yawn fucking yawn.
Give no swizzle geezer.
This team has no ability . Yea sold our best player in years to his home city in France.
I give no fooks about style of play so long as we compete and show passion and bottle.
Under basset , warnock even wilder we had players who played with pride for this club .
If your happy with hecky then bully for you , we are an embarrassment, losing is fine but showing no fookin fight is a disgrace

Brentford are a perfect example of how we should be.
A club who try to play football on limited resources but each and every player has fight and bottle and a structure .

Give no swizzle geezer.
This team has no ability . Yea sold our best player in years to his home city in France.
I give no fooks about style of play so long as we compete and show passion and bottle.
Under basset , warnock even wilder we had players who played with pride for this club .
If your happy with hecky then bully for you , we are an embarrassment, losing is fine but showing no fookin fight is a disgrace
I doubt anyone is happy at present but for too many the answer is always Wilder or Warnock.

Only trust shouty Blades.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers Wilder picking Lundstram every week as he ambled around barely breaking sweat.

There's a big wide world out there yet so many of our fans won't look further afield than Birley or Totley.

The tactic doesnt suit any team except maybe Man City and 2010 Spain. Its boring for a start but so many goals are conceded from it. One minute we are saying we lack passion then weakly taking the piss with 'upandatem' which is what we should be, and I wish we would 'gerritforward' and in the box for a fucking change, this arsing about with short passes until we lose it is awful.
Whatever we try this season we‘ll be unsuccessful because our players are so far short of the standard required.

Were you moaning about us passing the ball last season when we got promoted?

I do agree that trying to play that way this season is stupid and will only end up in goals being conceded, however to write off a style of play because “Sheffield United don’t roll it out from the back” is a completely backwards way of looking at things.

Funny thing is that all the other sides have a mixture of both. Everyone looks bigger, is stronger, faster AND better at football. We look a very weak side, and have no idea how to play against opponents who can outmuscle and outplay us.
That’s the problem, we have players who aren’t good enough, doesn’t matter how we play and what formation we play at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom