Away matches on Saturday at 3pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Preston 5.5k
Wigan 4.5k
Coventry 4k

The demand hasn't been there at all this season , the fact we will have only played 4 out of 23 away games at 3pm on a saturday has to have some effect but out of those 20 away games played so far, only 3 didn't make general sale. Luton,Hull and Rotherham. A further 5 sold out after general sale. So we're gonna sell out 10 of our 23. In a cracking season too, I'd guess Sunderland will be double that and the same with Wednesday if we're comparing to them of which these days there's not even a comparison, they could take double what we do everywhere.
Preston sold 4k+, Saturday 3pm kick off.

Wigan was an 8pm kick off the Monday before Christmas. Coventry was a 7.45pm kick off on a Wednesday with terrible public transport connections. No surprise that neither of those sold out.

Preston sold 4k+, Saturday 3pm kick off.

Wigan was an 8pm kick off the Monday before Christmas. Coventry was a 7.45pm kick off on a Wednesday with terrible public transport connections. No surprise that neither of those sold out.
I agree I was just stating the allocations.

Bigger allocations.
Yes this sounds weird, but Wednesday are getting bigger away allocations at poxy grounds than we are in the Championship. I remember going to Bury and having 3 sides to the ground. Teams in the Championship generally have more home fans in the ground so don't need to offer big away allocations. Sunderland gave us less than 2K in a >40K seater stadium - why?

Most games in League 1 are 3pm on a Saturday too. That helps to plan way in advance.

I put this in the Wednesday thread, but seeing as this is an away match thread, i'll repost in here...

Here's a list of United's allocations this season:
  1. Norwich 2K
  2. Burnley 2.3K
  3. Sunderland 1.9K
  4. Reading 1.6K
  5. Blackburn 4K
  6. QPR 1.6K
  7. Cardiff 2.8K
  8. Brsitol C 1.5K
  9. WBA 2K
  10. Stoke 2.6K
  11. Swansea 1.9K
  12. Hull 2K
  13. Luton 1K
  14. Boro 2.3K
  15. Blackpool 3K
  16. Watford 1.6K
  17. Millwall 1.9K
  18. Rotherham 2.2K
I couldn't find Coventry, Wigan and Preston - if anybody has them?

Huds and Birmingham not announced yet.

So those 18 grounds totals 38.2K. Split that 18 ways and the AVG allocation is 2.12K.

Back in January, our reported average was 2,002:

Wednesday have had these allocations in League 1 this season:
-Barnsley 5.5K
-Charlton 3K
-P.Vale 3.8K
-Bolton 5K
-Peterboro 3.7K
-MK Dons 6.5K
-They also got 2-stands at Wycombe

Probably a reflection of likely home attendance in L1 if, say, a ground has a 20k capacity, they probably aren’t likely to get more than what, 12k of home support?

I don't get his argument regarding that this season. Anyone on over 5k loyalty points could have got a ticket for every single away game in all competitions apart from Rotherham, Luton and Wrexham. That's hardly stopping people's plans.

And anyone with 0 loyalty points or more could've got one too for the rest apart from Hull.
It’s only from reading this thread that I’ve realised how many away games we could have gone to this season.
I’d just assumed we would have needed more points and that we wouldn’t have been able to get tickets.
The only game we went to was Preston because there was an announcement on the Saturday morning that there were a lot left that were being sold on the day: we decided to go at about 12:00, drove to Preston, bought a ticket at 2:45 at the ground and got in at five to three.
Obviously it’s my own fault for not realising we could have got tickets for the other games, but I think there’s some truth in the fact that the advance purchasing system with points requirements is a factor in impeding sales.

Back
Top Bottom