Away matches on Saturday at 3pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
So far this season we've had only three in the league (Preston, Stoke and Cardiff) kick off at 3pm on a Saturday. Assuming the remaining two games at Norwich and Huddersfield still go ahead at this time, this would mean that we've only had five out of 23 all season at what uses to be the 'usual time'. I appreciate televised games and the World Cup had to be taken into consideration, but it makes life more inconvenient for away fans, especially when it involves going to the likes of Reading (OK, postponed due to the Cup), Swansea and Bristol City in midweek. Maybe its the price to pay for success but I hope next season we have more away games kicking off at the 'usual' time.

So far this season we've had only three in the league (Preston, Stoke and Cardiff) kick off at 3pm on a Saturday. Assuming the remaining two games at Norwich and Huddersfield still go ahead at this time, this would mean that we've only had five out of 23 all season at what uses to be the 'usual time'. I appreciate televised games and the World Cup had to be taken into consideration, but it makes life more inconvenient for away fans, especially when it involves going to the likes of Reading (OK, postponed due to the Cup), Swansea and Bristol City in midweek. Maybe its the price to pay for success but I hope next season we have more away games kicking off at the 'usual' time.
Complete agree. Not done as many away games this season due to dates n times.
Praying Huddersfield stays same.

Ironically, we had much more 3pm kick offs when we were in the Prem last time, as we're a small fish in a big pond. Championship it feels like most weeks we're on the box, if you include red button.

Huddersfield game is bound to be moved. If not for TV/police advice, we may well be playing at Wembley that weekend.

This is a bigger issue than the EFL and TV like to think. We're probably quite lucky as we're fairly central compared to the locations of most teams, but i'd still say that there are only 2 away grounds within approx 1 hour and perhaps 5-10 around 2 hours, so it means either early starts or late arrival home for around half the games.

If games are early or late kick offs then travel becomes a big issue

Unfortunately we don’t seem to see any kick from the clubs on this issue. They don’t want to bite the had that feeds then.

Think we will as we will be one of the unattractive prem teams

London games this season...

• Watford - Monday PM
  • Luton - Friday PM
  • QPR - Monday PM
  • Millwall - Sat 12:30pm
  • Reading - Tuesday PM
What a fantastic avatar btw

For a gentleman of a certain age it really does perk one up

It’s a real pain and hinders away attendances.

Luton give so few away tickets that it'd sell out if the game was on at 4am on a Monday morning. Millwall iirc sold out, I want to say that Watford did as well

Luton give so few away tickets that it'd sell out if the game was on at 4am on a Monday morning. Millwall iirc sold out, I want to say that Watford did as well
1k allocation. Be close if it was a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, 650 to swansea, 700 to Bristol City, 1k to Reading, 1.2k to qpr, Luton is a tad easier than all of those though. Millwall did, watford didn't but only just not.

I think the Norwich match has gone past the cut-off date to be changed
Sky went with Burnley v Sunderland for the Friday 8pm slot so barring a disaster we'll play Norwich at 3pm on the Saturday. I'm slightly disappointed from a selfish point of view: Norwich is do-able from London on a Friday night and there wouldn't have been a train strike on.

Can't really blame them given that Kenilworth Road holds fewer than 10,500 in total.

Can't really blame them given that Kenilworth Road holds fewer than 10,500 in total.

Nope, not saying they should give more at all. Just a little bit awkward, one of two Championship grounds (the other one being Norwich) I've yet to visit

If you like that, wait until you find out what else is available on the internet.
That’s the rub

I have never looked at anything like that ont tinterweb , I darent , in case I get arrested and also I might see something that will fk with my head as I’ve led a very sheltered life

Mrs Bell is quite happy with current arrangements which includes a private consultation with someone she calls Tony the Todger once a fortnight when I go to play dominoes at the Social

If it’s not broke ….

Well if you lot stopped tipping the disabled out there wheelchairs, kidney punching pensioners and throwing children into rivers they might let us. 😂

Why?
They'll still struggle to sell them, by the time the ticket office get down to the 25,000 - 30,000 loyalty points wallers the game will be over and everyone will be on their way back home again
3pm kick off and we usually sell Norwich out.

3pm kick off and we usually sell Norwich out.
We've sold out at Norwich once and that was in the premier league oh infact I remember being there another time when we had literally about 300 tickets or something very low due to redevelopment going off so make that twice. 2k will reach general sale like pretty much every other game, I'll guess it won't sell out as the train strikes will impact this one.

Back
Top Bottom