Attendance vs Villa (before the mass exodus)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Attendance (before everyone left). Not announced at match. Not on BBC site. Not on any other sites I’ve looked at. Anyone know what it was or where to find it?
It was announced at the match, near the end of the second half. From (dodgy) memory, I think it was about 28k. There were about 28 home supporters left in the ground at the time of the announcement.

MATCH STATS​

Sheffield United (3-4-3): Foderingham 5; Holgate 4, Ahmedhodzic 4, Trusty 4; Bogle 4.5, Souza 5.5, Brooks 4.5 (Osborn 50min, 5), Norrington-Davies 4 (Robinson 50, 5.5); McAtee 6 (Davies 72, 5), Osula 5 (Hamer 46, 5), Brereton-Diaz 5 (Archer 65, 5).
Booked: Bogle.
Manager: Chris Wilder 5.
Aston Villa (4-2-3-1): Martinez 6; Konsa 7 (Cash 59, 6), Carlos 6, Lenglet 6, Moreno 7; Kamara 7.5, Luiz 8 (Ramsey 46, 6); Bailey 8 (Diaby 60, 6.5), Tielemans 8 (Rogers 81), McGinn 8 (Iroegbunam 71, 6); Watkins 9.
Scorers: McGinn 12, Watkins 16, Bailey 20, Tielemans 30, Moreno 47.
Manager: Unai Emery 7.5.
Referee: Paul Tierney 6.5.

Attendance: 28,978.

from the Daily Fail

MATCH STATS​

Sheffield United (3-4-3): Foderingham 5; Holgate 4, Ahmedhodzic 4, Trusty 4; Bogle 4.5, Souza 5.5, Brooks 4.5 (Osborn 50min, 5), Norrington-Davies 4 (Robinson 50, 5.5); McAtee 6 (Davies 72, 5), Osula 5 (Hamer 46, 5), Brereton-Diaz 5 (Archer 65, 5).
Booked: Bogle.
Manager: Chris Wilder 5.
Aston Villa (4-2-3-1): Martinez 6; Konsa 7 (Cash 59, 6), Carlos 6, Lenglet 6, Moreno 7; Kamara 7.5, Luiz 8 (Ramsey 46, 6); Bailey 8 (Diaby 60, 6.5), Tielemans 8 (Rogers 81), McGinn 8 (Iroegbunam 71, 6); Watkins 9.
Scorers: McGinn 12, Watkins 16, Bailey 20, Tielemans 30, Moreno 47.
Manager: Unai Emery 7.5.
Referee: Paul Tierney 6.5.

Attendance: 28,978.

from the Daily Fail

It probably was 28k at kick-off.

Reactions: ZLB
I also heard Gary sinclair announce it at full time.

Maybe announcing during the match when there was probably less than 20,000 in the ground would have given the Villa fans an opportunity of chanting something about 'Well where've they all gone'.

I remember a few years back when we absolutely steam rollered Steve Bruce's Villa in a first half and Gary Sinclair made a dig just prior to half time that it was a shame there was only 4(?) minutes added time.

Did anyone hear Gary Sinclair make a comment sometime around haf time on Saturday about empty seats and it was only a game of football. It was a bit of a mumble and I missed it. Having said that the sound system in the South Stand is crap. All I hear is a whistling sound as everyone is adjusting their hearing aids.

No I want it LOUDER.

Attendance (before everyone left). Not announced at match. Not on BBC site. Not on any other sites I’ve looked at. Anyone know what it was or where to find it?
They did announce it at the match 28,ooo and a few hundred

We won’t get that 30k average this year now. Crowds will continued to dwindle given there’s absolutely no chance of us being competitive.

Talking of Sinclair, wish he'd stop announcing us as the red & white wizards, and turn the bloody tannoy down pre match, does yer head in!
They must be wizards, they made about 25,000 fans disappear before full time.

We won’t get that 30k average this year now. Crowds will continued to dwindle given there’s absolutely no chance of us being competitive.

You may well be right.

We’re averaging 30,504 across the first 12 home games but it is clear - since the killer defeat to Luton - that approximately 2,500 tickets in the Bramall Lane upper and on the south side of the Kop, are now going unsold. The fact that the West Ham and Villa fixtures were televised didn’t help, of course, but I fancy that the ‘pay on the day‘ fan has plenty of other good reasons to not bother parting with a significant wedge.

The gates for the 7 remaining dead rubbers would need to average 29,136, for the season average to remain above 30,000.

The Spurs gate might be 31,000+ largely by reason of being the final game of the season, and Arsenal and Chelsea might pull 29/30,000, albeit Arsenal being on a Monday night on TV is a pain.

Other than that, though, Burnley and Forest are likely to dip to 28,000 even with full away followings. Brighton have also sold out too but I can’t imagine much enthusiasm amongst United fans for that fixture, especially on a Sunday. That could be the lowest of the season to date, but will probably not be as low as the gate for the Fulham game, where, I suspect, there won’t be a sell-out away following.

As they count season ticket holders in the attendance regardless of whether they show or not, I wouldn't necessarily agree with you on that one. Just needs away section to sell out and there to be enough randoms to think "ooh, it's (insert big club here) today" who wouldn't care that we're going to lose

As they count season ticket holders in the attendance regardless of whether they show or not, I wouldn't necessarily agree with you on that one. Just needs away section to sell out and there to be enough randoms to think "ooh, it's (insert big club here) today" who wouldn't care that we're going to lose

Anyone know how many season tickets we sold ?

Fair play to anyone paying regular for home games. Not sure the costs? But if I didn't have a ST I'd find it hard to justify paying every week..

Back
Top Bottom