At Which Point Do I Become Part Of The Problem?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not me personally but as a supporter?

I'm speaking with regard to season ticket holders, because I'm at a crossroads as to whether to renew.
There's a very logical argument which says that paying money into the club and adding to the attendances legitimizes the utter train wreck that is the ownership of the club.
Then again, the Saturday ritual of meeting mates and having a few jars and socializing is one of the few indulgences I allow myself. The football has been secondary for quite some time for obvious reasons.

Some have advocated direct action, which I am very much in favour of, but is this not rendered meaningless if you're handing over your money to a regime you want out, or at the very least change it's approach?

I am sorry to say that if 50% of Blades supporters did not renew their season tickets it would have little or no effect even with our fantastic support . I am a little like you debating shall I or shall I not renew my season ticket, it’s even a bigger question for me as a round trip to every home game is 328 miles every game, and that’s not counting away game travel. It’s an expensive team to support.
My son travels with me so me it’s great to spend time with him as he lives in his own house now. I did have the thought of calculating the true cost of one season adding it all together and me and my son having a 2 week holiday instead of the Blades that could be plausible.
At the end of the day we must be all delusional as who in their right minds would pay to see such rubbish week after week.
The board know that they can do whatever they want, as fans we will come back time after time. Its that living in hope that desire to see the Blades back in the premiership that drives us all there every week, its like a drug you know its bad for you but you can not get enough of it.

Brownie said:

I'll still be buying a season ticket. I'm not allowing Kevin McCabe and chums to ruin my Saturday afternoons

Whilst I respect that mate and you as a fellow board agitator and profound swearer of the Royal order, don't you see ... McCabe is doing exactly that. He's ruining yours and everyone's Saturdays by flogging our best players, bullshitting up our ambitions and then failing to better the team by inward investment in playing talent. And then we are left kicking the shit out of each other on here whilst he sits in his Belgian palace fingering his anus.

pommpey

I am sorry to say that if 50% of Blades supporters did not renew their season tickets it would have little or no effect even with our fantastic support . I am a little like you debating shall I or shall I not renew my season ticket, it’s even a bigger question for me as a round trip to every home game is 328 miles every game, and that’s not counting away game travel. It’s an expensive team to support.
My son travels with me so me it’s great to spend time with him as he lives in his own house now. I did have the thought of calculating the true cost of one season adding it all together and me and my son having a 2 week holiday instead of the Blades that could be plausible.
At the end of the day we must be all delusional as who in their right minds would pay to see such rubbish week after week.
The board know that they can do whatever they want, as fans we will come back time after time. Its that living in hope that desire to see the Blades back in the premiership that drives us all there every week, its like a drug you know its bad for you but you can not get enough of it.

Where do you live if you don't mind my asking?

Blades United, that could catch on ;)

You wanna check your speedo TB, it's 1,276 miles each way to Toledo mate ;)
He disconnects the cable so it doesn't clock the mileage.

Pick 4 away games and have a weekend of it with your mates.

And 2 European ones.

Living in the South has forced us to do this and its way way better!!

Last time I were there TB they dint wear moccasins and feckin feathers

Ah, so avatars are meant to be a reflection of what they all wear where you live are they then B56 ;)

Not me personally but as a supporter?

I'm speaking with regard to season ticket holders, because I'm at a crossroads as to whether to renew.
There's a very logical argument which says that paying money into the club and adding to the attendances legitimizes the utter train wreck that is the ownership of the club.
Then again, the Saturday ritual of meeting mates and having a few jars and socializing is one of the few indulgences I allow myself. The football has been secondary for quite some time for obvious reasons.

Some have advocated direct action, which I am very much in favour of, but is this not rendered meaningless if you're handing over your money to a regime you want out, or at the very least change it's approach?

Not an ST holder but end up spending nearly as much with travel costs etc to get to the Saturday home games and been having this same debate. If it was just about the actual game it would be tempting to give up for a while now when it's as bad as it has been recently, but as with you it's also about the day out, and a few beers etc, so don't see the point cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Seems to me a lot (not all) of those on here calling for boycotts and walk outs don't go to games anyway.

Last time I was in Toledo I thought it was all quite posh - I was especially drawn to the El Grecos of course.

Its the only place I've been where the souvenir shops are full of swords.

Back
Top Bottom