Armstrong Surgery

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I hope this knee complaint isn't a full-on recurrence of his old injury.

TonyAgana said:
I hope this knee complaint isn't a full-on recurrence of his old injury.

that would be devastating for him and i for one am very proud and happy for him that he over came his injury

get well soon stretch!

Massive blow for us, i feel that the back 4 of Bromby, Jags, Davis and Stretch is the best i have seen at this club in my time supporting them.

All the best to the lad and hurry back!

Id be fine with Kozluk playing in place of him tbh, competent defender who is a better left back than right back.

I agree that Kozzy has to be the replacement, i'm just a little concerned that he lacks the ability with the ball that Armstrong has...at least he shouldn't get done for pace against Ronaldo.

Don't think he's any better than Kozzy or Geary, won't be missed.

And I still think we should be looking for a quality left-back.

Perhaps i'm in the minority but i think that Armstrong is a class player and has done well so far, i would happily use the back 4 i mentioned above and bring in 2 midfielders and another forward in January (getting rid of Akinbiyi, Horsfield and Shipperley) - a quality left back can wait until next season.

BV said:
Don't think he's any better than Kozzy or Geary, won't be missed.

And I still think we should be looking for a quality left-back.
Armstrong has easily been one of our best players this season.

Though i dont think he will be a huge miss.

Get well soon Armstrong, Kozluk looked pretty comfortable against Newcastle on Saturday, plus he's got some good pace on him which can make up for any quality he doesn't have. Plus he's pretty good at winding up people, Ronaldo beware! :D

Sharpy said:
Armstrong has easily been one of our best players this season.

Though i dont think he will be a huge miss.

I think he's looked comfortable at left back, but no more, and shocking in midfield. He won't be missed. I wouldn't say he's been one of our better players this season, but I suppose compared to Unsworth, Short, Tonge, Webber (playing left midfield), Leggy (50% of the time), Sommeil, Akinbiyi and Ifill (what we've seen) watching a comfortable looking left back, you may have a point. Although it's being one of the better playes through default.

I think the only reason Armstrong looked "shocking" in midfield was down to playing in front of Unsworth.

TonyAgana said:
I think the only reason Armstrong looked "shocking" in midfield was down to playing in front of Unsworth.

I think I know what you mean, if you're saying that he was played there to offer extra cover for Unsworth, and if that's the case it's 'shocking' management to play two players to cover one position. But If you're saying that he's a good midfielder that was made to look bad by playing in front of Unsworth, I completely disagree.

GOOD NEWS:

Neil Warnock last night expressed his relief that Chris Armstrong's exploratory knee operation on Wednesday did not reveal serious damage.

There were initial fears at the weekend that the Geordie with the tenacious attitude on the pitch might have suffered further cartilage damage in the knee that had almost forced his premature retirement.

But Armstrong's tried and trusted surgeon found and removed a piece of floating bone that had caused the swelling before Saturday's fixture at Newcastle and triggered the concern.

The United boss said: "This is good news and a great relief to us all, especially Chris who doesn't deserve another long lay-off after all he's been through."

Armstrong could be back in contention in three weeks and knocking on the door for a recall after ousting David Unsworth from the left-back position.

BV said:
If you're saying that he's a good midfielder that was made to look bad by playing in front of Unsworth, I completely disagree.

You were right first time but interestingly enough, regarding your 2nd interpretation of my point, how do we know what he's like as a midfielder? Bit harsh to judge him when he's only ever really played as a wing-back to cover Unsworth, and not as an out-and-out midfielder. Don't you think?

Anyway, decent left-back, dedicated, glad he's ok.

TonyAgana said:
how do we know what he's like as a midfielder? Bit harsh to judge him when he's only ever really played as a wing-back to cover Unsworth, and not as an out-and-out midfielder. Don't you think?

Anyway, decent left-back, dedicated, glad he's ok.

I would have thought that if he was an out an out left-midfielder/leftwinger, he wouldn't have been played to do that job. I don't rate, above all else, his movement on the pitch, which is why I think he's an alright leftback, but not a midfielder. Perhaps it harsh to judge him when, it would seem, he's there to cover left back aswell but I've seen nothing to suggest he's anything other than garbage as a left midfielder.

But agreed about left back.

Back
Top Bottom